Torquay United v Chelmsford City - PP 2/4/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

What a great match.bring on Woking,keating was brilliant and thoroughly deserves man of the match,he's getting better and better each game. GJ is a genius,champions elect. :scarf:
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Wokingham Gull wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 21:47 ATT: 2852, from Football Web Pages. Anyone at the match let me know how many Chelmsford. As that is a great yellow army turnout for a Tuesday night.
I think the commentators said there were 40 something away supporters.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Great result.
Well done one and all....!!! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Asa Hall went off injured - could be a bit of a concern for Saturday!
Wokingham Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Rosenior

Post by Wokingham Gull »

Wow, so 2800 TUFC. What a difference to pre Johnson home match attendances...... Gary has really got them to entertain us, as well as win. On to Woking, can't wait to watch them there, as being an exile, have not been to a game since Hemel away.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Looking good now. One more hurdle on Saturday, fail to lose and we will be sniffing the finishing line
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Chelmsford were no mugs so great performance, bloody freezing though so good support.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

greb46 wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 22:19 Chelmsford were no mugs so great performance, [highlight=yellow]bloody freezing [/highlight]though so good support.
Southern Softie.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Superb performance against one of the better teams in the league, the sort of big, well organised team that we've often struggled against. Possibly the best performance of the season, or maybe that was Billericay away.

The players were well up for the match, didn't just play it like a bonus game but were first to most challenges and kept winning the ball back. Brilliant!

Three superb goals - and there's was good too.

Keating deservedly man of the match.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Looking good now. One more hurdle on Saturday, fail to lose and we will be sniffing the finishing line
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 22:21 Southern Softie.
I'm from Newcastle!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Excellent result and performance tonight. Keating was superb with two great crosses. Evans goal was pure class. Andrews looked sharp when he came on. Could have been 5 or 6 had we taken our chances. Asa is a big concern. Hopefully just a knock but he didn't look good. Squad looking thin on the ground but I really think we'll get something at Woking as the momentum is with us!!!!!!!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Right at it from the start with really high energy levels, which I was pleasantly surprised at especially as I thought Saturday’s game might have taken it out of us. 3 great goals, will be worth watching.
Was a bit concerned that Janneh was injured but shouldn’t have been as Keating was tremendous, unbelievable desire and workrate together with 2 amazing assists, deserved MOM.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Woking r going to have to throw every at us on Saturday so we should have plenty of opportunities to hit them on the break,hope asa and janneh will both be fit to play. :scarf:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

DWB wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 22:41 Right at it from the start with really high energy levels, which I was pleasantly surprised at especially as I thought Saturday’s game might have taken it out of us. 3 great goals, will be worth watching.
Was a bit concerned that Janneh was injured but shouldn’t have been as Keating was tremendous, unbelievable desire and workrate together with 2 amazing assists, deserved MOM.
Did you see Ruari galloping across the pitch right at the end. He was full of running and that must have been one of his best performances.