Torquay United v Wealdstone 30/3/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thought on day the foul for our penalty was outside the box, seeing that video I'm more convinced, so maybe the lad did get a tad lucky with a yellow card, still doesn't really matter, game won.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

That was a real test, got to give Wealdstone credit, they were tough and had some skill., battled hard as well. The pen miss raised their confidence. But to win this league you got to win these and we did. Credit to their fans as well who added to the atmosphere, because let's face it this league suffers with that, as there are usually only a handful turn up. Thought we edged it. But it was close.
TUST MEMBER
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 23:21 What this suggests to me is we are by far the best team in the division and are deservedly top. Chelmsford will be a hard game but theres every chance they are going to go the same way as the aforementioned teams - nothing to fear and everything to gain.
Picking up on Brucie's post, we ARE the best team in the league, and the league table proves it. We have won more games than any other team, lost fewer games than any other team, scored more goals than any other team and only Bath have conceded less (31 compared with our 34). And we've got more points than any other team of course. Just nine hours of football before the end of the season, but I won't make any predictions. Let's just say we're in the pole position. :scarf:
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

tomogull wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 00:05 Picking up on Brucie's post, we ARE the best team in the league, and the league table proves it. We have won more games than any other team, lost fewer games than any other team, scored more goals than any other team and only Bath have conceded less (31 compared with our 34). And we've got more points than any other team of course. Just nine hours of football before the end of the season, but I won't make any predictions. Let's just say we're in the pole position. :scarf:
Agreed and we have everyone a 10 game headstart!