Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Northampton gull wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 13:40 Chris Regis has just signed for Truro fc.He was with us at the start of the season but was soon shown the door when Garry became the manager.
I was wondering what had happened after seeing he hasn't featured for Wealdstone in a while.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Northampton gull wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 13:40 Chris Regis has just signed for Truro fc.He was with us at the start of the season but was soon shown the door when Garry became the manager.
Eight clubs in three years.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Further news from Truro is that Ben Harding has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Anyone wondering where Guy Gnabouyou (the French lad who we thought might be decent last season after seeing his goals on Youtube but who barely played and left without telling anyone after a couple of weeks) is these days? No me neither, but he's currently plying his trade in the Greek second division with Iraklis after signing in January. After leaving us so abruptly he went to play a bit in the Icelandic first division for ÍBV Vestmannaeyjar.
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

Even more news from Truro fc they have now sacked there manager Robinson what a mess that club is becoming they are now owned by the Cornish rugby team as well.
Local-Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Benefield

Post by Local-Gull »

Andre Wright has joined Staffordshire side Hednesford Town of the Evo-Stik Premier League.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Northampton gull wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 01:59 Even more news from Truro fc they have now sacked there manager Robinson what a mess that club is becoming they are now owned by the Cornish rugby team as well.
Truro have appointed Paul Wilkinson as their manager until the end of the season.

After retiring from playing he went into coaching. He was youth team manager at Leeds United and then became reserve boss at Grimsby Town before going on to coach at Cardiff City, Sheffield Wednesday, Northampton Town. Returned. to Grimsby in 2017 as reserve boss and was caretaker manager for 3 games until replacement found. Left in May 2018.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Not sure if he counts as a former Gull but Alex Bass (Portsmouth) a Wembley winner today.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Chris Zebroski misses vital penalty in shoot out against Salford to deny Eastleigh a trip to Wembley.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Hargreaves co-presenting the NL final with slick back hair, jacket and tie on and an altogether smarmy appearance. Oh and talking shite like always. I still can't believe such a warrior of a player became such a wet lettuce of a manager.

As a side issue, Wembley is so empty for this game it's excruciating. Two sides with no history and no fans slugging it out in a cavernous arena. Surreal. It's like the Dog and Partridge v The Star Inn.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Felt sorry for Zebs in that game - came on as sub and played very well, in fact Salford were lucky to win it.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I believe that congratulations are in order for Kevin Nicholson, the 'forgotten man' of Plainmoor after the excitement and success of last season. His AFC Mousehole team achieved second place in the Peninsula League West behind Liskeard Athletic. I'm fairly certain that they have now been promoted to the Premier Division althouh it is difficult to glean any information from the club website. Mousehole thrashed my local team Bude Town earlier this season - Bude captain Liam Sandercock (now there's a name to conjure with, any relation to Kenny or Phil I wonder?) told me that many of the Mousehole players came from foreign parts (and I don't mean Devon), so the club must have some money to play with. I understand that Mousehole are now contemplating a merger with Penzance. Well done Kevin and very best wishes in rebuilding your career.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

''Jamie Ward: Northern Ireland striker leaves Nottingham Forest

Ward, 33, who joined Forest from neighbours Derby in 2015, has struggled with injuries in recent years.
He was loaned to Charlton at the start of the season, but netted just once in 11 appearances for the League One club.''

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48255308
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Brett Williams has been released by Sutton Utd. Where next for nomad Brett?
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Elliot Romain has gone back to Eastbourne. Could not seem to handle being full time? Perhaps now he will rediscover his goal scoring ability at a level more suited to him!