woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I think they've more than shown they're fighting hard with their late goals in the last two games, no signs of wilting any more than us after 30+ games. If they win as expected today and we draw perhaps, then the pressure for them to win their next one is slightly lower. I think just focussing fully on each game is really important and just doing what we can that is in our hands. COYY
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Midlandgull wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 09:16 ...... no signs of wilting any more than us after 30+ games. I think just focussing fully on each game is really important and just doing what we can that is in our hands. COYY
Give it time give it time. The wilting comes in the run in. Remember us in 1967/68, led the Division 3 (League 1) table through the season then wilted when the finishing line came in sight. No need for us as supporters to take one game at a time. GJ will be doing that and will have the team doing that. For us we can look forward positively and with confidence (though I think I got my maths wrong earlier we will only be 7 points ahead when we go to Woking not 8!) ;-)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

stefano wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 09:50 ......(though I think I got my maths wrong earlier we will only be 7 points ahead when we go to Woking not 8!) ;-)
Bugger! Need to re-calculate as I was rather banking on Woking managing a draw today! 8 points it is then! ;-)
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Stefano, you called today right. I hope your other predictions about an 8 point cushion come true!
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

Check out the Woking fans site Cardboard
Seems the players were confronting the fans today. They are not happy bunnies.
Shame!!!😂
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

bringbackthecowshed wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 18:51 Check out the Woking fans site Cardboard
Seems the players were confronting the fans today. They are not happy bunnies.
Shame!!!😂
From the looks of their forum they are imploding!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Woking will almost certainly have to beat us now and we could well still win the league even if we lose to them.
That's quite a change from after the Weston game when it looked as if we'd definately have to beat Woking to have a realistic chance, and even that may not have been enough.

If we beat Wealdstone & Chelmsford then we'll go into the Woking game 5 - 8 points ahead of them (depending on their result at Bath), plus a far superior goal difference. When someone said 8 point this morning I thought it was ridiculous but it certainly isn't now.

I think we'll win it before the final game now.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Thoughts and prayers for Ben Gerring at this time....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Rhys1991 wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 19:38 From the looks of their forum they are imploding!
Or wilting as Sam predicted ..... GJ won't over react and will be all focus on the next game. We can though as we are not on the pitch. Excellent and hopefully our first top of the table since 1927 (as long as we don't count our reserves in the Western League). Onwards and upwards, but still a long way to go given the plummet!
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 21:55 Thoughts and prayers for Ben Gerring at this time....
:bow:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 21:55 Thoughts and prayers for Ben Gerring at this time....
Absolutely Scott.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 22:16 Absolutely Scott.
Just need to get **** sent off. I’m sure the yellow army will try
Lucy
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Looking at the stats for the last six games they have the second worst points return, I have just tried to listen to the after match interview by their manager and have given up, you need a Geordie translator, I am surprised that his team can understand a word he says. I do not agree with his way of rubbishing his players in public, I have seen him do that twice recently, by all means rip strips of them in private but to make it public cannot do much for team morale.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Not sure what you mean by second worst points return . Their first defeat in 6 games won 3 and drawn 2. I will feel more comfortable when we have got the game with them out of the way and have avoided defeat.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Woking losing today have basically made the match against us a must win, and that’s exclusive of next weekends results and our game in hand before the Woking match others where moaning at.
Lucy