woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I agree with Dazza
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Plenty of comments on the Welling Fans Forum that Woking were poor yesterday and very fortunate to get a point.
Welling much the better team.
Next 10 days will be very interesting
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Woking have finally announced that the game will be all ticket. But are still struggling to sell their 4000.

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article ... ll-ticket/
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

You’d think they’d wish to capitalise here and release more to away fans

I would say that wouldn’t I lol
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Just a heads-up for those of you who have bought tickets for the home end...

''The game will be strictly segregated; Torquay United have sold their allocation and any Torquay fans identified in the home sections will be required to leave - with no refund offered.''

...and for those of you haven't bought tickets for the home end (yet)...

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article ... ay-united/
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I note that the Woking ticket office times are much more worker friendly than Torquay's.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 14:36 I note that the Woking ticket office times are much more worker friendly than Torquay's.
More than likely because Woking isn't full of pensioners , Man U, Arsenal. Chelsea, Man City et al fans like south Devon is !!
Most of the locals couldn't tell you where TUFC is, let alone know we exist.
Full of Nimbys thank God for the support from Newton, Teignmouth, Chudleigh etc etc. If we left it to the people of Torbay we'd be lucky to average 1000.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

And Dartmouth 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Woking is full of Chelsea fans.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 14:36 I note that the Woking ticket office times are much more worker friendly than Torquay's.
Their club works closely with their supporters trust and provide them with an office from which volunteers at the Cards Trust office on site are available to provide this service for them as a result. I’ve no idea if that is also supplemented by paid staff at any of those times listed, but there is a lot of good will and dialogue between supporter and visible ownership there.

The community focus of Woking FC is quite impressive generally from what I have seen. Their town also has plenty of supporters of Premier League sides. My daughter plays for their Ladies side. Alan Dowson has been to a few Ladies matches, Ladies players have complimentary season tickets supplied and Dowson supported a joint fund raiser recently with players from Men’s and Ladies teams taking part. There are many other community focused projects the Club is involved in.

They aim to open a state of the art 4g in time for next season for all associated teams to play on and 1st team to train on from next season and have plans to improve their facilities that all stakeholders including fans are very much a part of in both the development stages and, hopefully for them, getting these over the line. Very much an everyone pulling together sort of vibe around the place.

I appreciate this doesn’t fit the traditional build-up narrative to a crunch game, but we’ll both be in the Away end on 6th hoping for 3 points on the way to the title. I’d be perfectly happy to see them come through the play-offs after that.
charltonlaw
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by charltonlaw »

Rjc70 wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 19:26 Their club works closely with their supporters trust and provide them with an office from which volunteers at the Cards Trust office on site are available to provide this service for them as a result. There is a lot of good Will between supporter and visible ownership there.

The community focus of Woking FC is quite impressive generally. My daughter plays for their Ladies side. Alan Dowson has been to a few Ladies matches, Ladies players have complimentary season tickets supplied and Dowson supported a joint fund raiser recently with players from Men’s and Ladies teams taking part. They aim to open a state of the art 4g in time for next season for all associated teams to play on and 1st team to train on from next season. May even be up and running now.

PS: She’ll be in the Away end on 6th, mind. :)
Woking fan here! yes the club has a close link between fans and Board, who are all fans. The Trust are the second biggest shareholder and have contributed £200 k in recent years. Our community reputation is second to none and we win national awards most years. Its a great, family club with a redevelopment on the horizon. Dowse is wonderful and the ladies are doing great - Academy, Ladies and Centre of Excellence all get passes to league games. The Community is soon to be relocated to a state of the art facility

You have a bigger fan base but we have played at Wembley 4 times and won each one. You are full time with a much bigger fan base - we are part time and doing our bit. You have a much bigger fan base - we have togetherness. Who will blink first? What will be will be... see you on the 6th.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I think we will be 8 points clear at the top by the time we play away to Woking so I don't think the game will have the significance everybody thinks. Still, no good getting ahead of myself. One game at a time. A professional win away today while Woking draw at home will kick it off.........and although we will be just about out of sight by 6 April we might as well go for that one as well to extend to an 11 points gap.

We can all then sit back and enjoy Easter! ;-)
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Stefano one can dream. I think it's going all the way. Concord away today is a tough game and Slough at home is definitely better on paper for them.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Midlandgull wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 08:36 Stefano one can dream. I think it's going all the way. Concord away today is a tough game and Slough at home is definitely better on paper for them.
I agree. If only football was played on paper. I think Woking will get the wobbles and although we will not win every game up to the end of the season I do think we will drop significantly fewer points than Woking. Although my post was a little tongue in cheek, I would not rule out it being correct.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Stefano is right. Woking will wilt.