Current opinions on Clark Osborne and Gaming International

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Teigngull wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 15:13 Yes Exeter are 'the model club's but let's not forget where they were before the 2 Man U games !
And where would we be if we could've beaten Crawley that fateful day ?
A roll reversal more than likely, we were one f.a cup win away from salvation.
As for the fan ownership, I get what you mean but there's no getting away from the fact the bookie & his mates found it tough, they were screwed over by a few & some of them realised before it was too late & pulled out.
Whilst it was an admiral thing to do by trying to save the club from administration, are we any worse off now ?
I don't think so. Fan ownership is fine if you have the backing in numbers, I don't think we have, I think it's a non starter for TUFC & CO knows it.
'A roll reversal' - what's with the gymnastics?

The 'admiral thing' may have worked if they had shown the Nelson touch but it was more like turning a blind eye.

However, your last sentence is pretty accurate. Last season I was pilloried (as usual) for suggesting that fans would prefer to follow a team succeeding in a lower division rather than struggling at a higher level, yet the attendances this season and the general comments on the forum do bear this out. Unfortunately, either way, TUFC is unlikely to be able to generate sufficient income from its (relatively small) fanbase to satisfy the aspirations of those fans, so the club is therefore always likely to be at the mercy of the benevolence and competence of its owner. Whilst an occasional windfall from a big cup-tie is welcome, it can only be a short term fix which staves off the routine financial struggle for a while. I am sure that you are capable of drawing your own conclusions regarding the benevolence and competence of the current owner (and his predecessors) but there is no real evidence that a fan owned TUFC would be any more stable, successful or secure.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Who are 'the bookies and his mates' ?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 17:10 Who are 'the bookies and his mates' ?
Dave Phillips & his keyboard w@nk3r fearing cronies, Steve Breed ( a real good egg ) can be excluded as he was unceremoniously dumped after a time but he was the only one who, at the time, knew what was to come & warned of appointing another so called legend into the managers seat.