Current opinions on Clark Osborne and Gaming International

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 18:23 Hi Teigngull, I salute you for the commitment you clearly have shown ref your previous post. The point I was trying to make was that many people bizarrely believe that I am in some way connected to Clarke Osborne. I don't know the man, nor do I wish to. My only interest is in the future of our beloved Torquay United football club, a club we have loyally supported for over 40 years.
So you tar me with the same brush as the many blizzard people you refer to.
I really don't care if you are connected to CO in any way & if you were, surely you'd spell his name correctly don't you think ?
That's all I'm bothered about, it annoys me when you get people who are supposed to be avid fans of our club show pure ignorance by lazily posting Johnstone, Osbourne, Twtchen etc , I inadvertently posted Shaun instead of Sean ( McDonald ) & was promptly, & rightly so, taken to task by Dave Floyd ( Southampton ) .
I've taken that on board & don't have any issues with being corrected.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Can someone please remove the children from this forum, i thought this was for adult debating?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

yellowmonkey wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 20:18 Can someone please remove the children from this forum, i thought this was for adult debating?
Good job you're not an MP in Parliament!!
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

yellowmonkey wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 20:18 Can someone please remove the children from this forum,[highlight=yellow] i [/highlight]thought this was for adult debating?
In that case you should be removed from the forum and not be permitted to return until you learn to spell the first person personal pronoun correctly. (Genuine adults know how to use the key marked 'Shift'.)
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

yellowmonkey wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 20:18 Can someone please remove the children from this forum, i thought this was for adult debating?
That's rich coming from somebody with the name yellow monkey !
You want to be careful what you post, someone on this forum has got a very sharp pin & isn't afraid to use it.
:slap:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Have you considered that a lot of the spelling mistakes may be caused by auto correct?
TorquayDNA
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by TorquayDNA »

Forget spelling mistakes, concentrate on the issue at hand. Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet (I've read through as much of the thread as I could).... but has anyone noticed the ENORMOUS amount of debt being racked up? In the 2017 accounts(as in up to 31 March 2017), Riviera Stadium Ltd were owed £360,000 by The Torquay United Football Club.

The sum as at 31 March 2018 is £1,200,000. Yes, £1.2million! :O

I'm not an expert accountant, but I can see that something is going seriously wrong here. I can't understand why CO is ploughing so much cash into what is so clearly a very risky venture. Anyone who buys the club is going to have a huge debt to pay off, which surely will put off any investors.

It's such a shame as the Gary Johnson effect is so enjoyable for all Torquay fans, if it wasn't for the impending disaster in the background.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

That was almost a year ago, I dread to think what the current (March 2019) will be!
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

A frightening prospect its good to enjoy the current upturn but wondering when the stab in the back will happen bringing us to ashes,let's hope not!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 07:57 Have you considered that a lot of the spelling mistakes may be caused by auto correct?
Several times I've had to edit my post to change Gary "Owners" name 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Several times, arrywithnobrain has been punched in and each time auto select returns arrywithsh*tforbrains.

www . . . well well well, AI has a southpaw sense of humour.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Trojan 67 wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 19:59 Several times, arrywithnobrain has been punched in and each time auto select returns arrywithsh*tforbrains.

www . . . well well well, AI has a southpaw sense of humour.
I tried the same with Trojan 67 but the Anti-Virus removed it with the description "Trojan 67 is a worm which should be quarantined".
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I wonder if Osborne's plan is to invest to the point that no one could possibly want to buy the club (and pay him back) so the choice will then be between supposedly keeping the club alive and letting him build on Plainmoor and maybe build a new ground, or letting the club going bust.

I'd take the latter, Osborne doesn't get his money, TUFC reform as AFC under fan ownership and we work our way back up the leagues, staying at Plainmoor. As we've seen this season, it doesn't matter what league we are in for the season to be enjoyable.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Not sure Standupsitdown has thought through the logic of his lets go bust and start again theory. First of all if we go bust, go out of business then the lease on Plainmoor goes into default. We will have to start in a league that will accept us, perhaps the old south devon league, without a team, or anyone to run us and possibly or more probably homeless. We then assume we are going to cut through the leagues until we are where exactly, oh yes where we are now, but even allowing for automatic promotion each year we are still a minimum seven years further down the road. But it still requires someone to bank roll us, we know the TUST doesn't haver the finances to do it, well meaning amateurs Is the only reason we are where we are now. Football is no longer a Saturday only operation as some dinosaurs would have you believe. It needs to be a seven day a week money making operation that funds the loss making Saturday afternoon fixture.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I hope it doesn't happen but there are a number of clubs who have reformed and moved up through the leagues. Hereford are probably the most similar to us and their crowds have held up even at very low levels. Obviously it would need council support as they own the freehold but I would hope they'd want to keep the club alive.
We may not have a choice if Osborne wants out or gets the freehold but doesn't build a stadium.