Current opinions on Clark Osborne and Gaming International

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

So I stand corrected, there were people interested but not serious enough to fork out real money to pay off the loan by Osborne to the club, and have sufficient monies left to run a full time club. Or were they like so many others before them, they spoke large but couldn't step up. lets be honest considering the press Osborne received after people became aware of his involvement and prior to him buying the club for a cheap sum anyone but anyone would have been preferable in the eyes of Torquay fans and ultimately the board at the time.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The one I have knowledge of decided it wasn't worth getting involved once Osborne had his claws in via the loan and attached conditions.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Teigngull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 17:35 If you read my post back, there was no attempt to quote your name sir, it was an attempt to describe the image emblazoned in my mind that I hold you in by calling you Mr no brain. Any resemblance to your chosen moniker is purely coincidental.
Your obvious narcissistic arrogance becomes you sir.
As usual you do not comprehend plain English and consequently fail to appreciate the irony of your self contradictions. However, I do appreciate you dipping your toe in Greek mythology in an attempt to improve the imagery of your vocabulary: at least you are trying to use real words rather than Neanderthal grunts and onomatopoeic euphemisms.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Tell me why you feel so superior to me Arry, I have obviously hit a raw nerve with you.
You must be be one hell of a boring lonely person did with your attitude.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

It's not that I feel superior to you and I certainly haven't been hit on any raw nerves: I just love bursting balloons. When you (or Merse or Brucie or whoever) pontificates as though they are the fount of all knowledge it's fun to have a verbal tennis match (nothing personal or malicious) and when personal abuse starts flying around (with or without a feck) I am quite happy to stand my ground. I felt quite sorry for poor dawlishmatt when you launched into him as though you were leading the Charge of the Light Brigade, merely because he made a minor spelling mistake. It seemed like Sgt-Major Teigngull of the Word Police was seeking the Death Penalty for a parking offence, which would hardly be excusable even if your own use of the English language was on a par with that of an Oxbridge Professor of Literature. When your own posts would benefit from some surreptitious proof reading it seemed reasonable to observe that you were exemplifying the adage regarding pots and kettles but it's just bants, Old Bird, just bants .....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair to Teigngull it annoys the shit out of me when posters spell the names of players/club officials incorrectly but I suspect in dawlishmatts case it's done deliberately. Nothing he's written to date disputes my notion that he's an Osborne stooge.

Carry on gents, but let's try not to bore everyone else. Pot/kettle in my case I know.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Hi Teigngull. I have supported Torquay United for over 45 years, when Mike mahoney ( probably spelt wrong) was our keeper. I am 54 years old now and I went to school in torquay and used to skip school several times to travel on the supporters coach to midweek away games. Yesterday I tried to work out how many away grounds I've been too and came up with 83. I've been to Blackpool, Workington, Carlisle, Macclesfield, Southport, Chester, man City, Old Trafford, Stockport, Hartlepool, Scarborough Hull ( both grounds) Doncaster, the last ever match at the old scunthorpe ground ( Mark loram scored a cracker), Bolton, York and dozens of others. I even have walked to plainmoor 7 times from Dawlish on a boxing day when there has been no public transport. I'm not looking for a medal but I just want to point out my commitment to the club. I even worked in the old caravan cafe serving customers at the Babacombe end, sold match day programmes and even sold lottery tickets for the club. My suspicions are that you probably don't attend most games
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

dawlishmatt wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 10:11 Hi Teigngull. I have supported Torquay United for over 45 years, when Mike mahoney ( probably spelt wrong) was our keeper. I am 54 years old now and I went to school in torquay and used to skip school several times to travel on the supporters coach to midweek away games. Yesterday I tried to work out how many away grounds I've been too and came up with 83. I've been to Blackpool, Workington, Carlisle, Macclesfield, Southport, Chester, man City, Old Trafford, Stockport, Hartlepool, Scarborough Hull ( both grounds) Doncaster, the last ever match at the old scunthorpe ground ( Mark loram scored a cracker), Bolton, York and dozens of others. I even have walked to plainmoor 7 times from Dawlish on a boxing day when there has been no public transport. I'm not looking for a medal but I just want to point out my commitment to the club. I even worked in the old caravan cafe serving customers at the Babacombe end, sold match day programmes and even sold lottery tickets for the club. My suspicions are that you probably don't attend most games
He's always at every game: on top of a floodlight, pooping on the crowd below and squawking incessantly.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 10:11 Hi Teigngull. I have supported Torquay United for over 45 years, when Mike mahoney ( probably spelt wrong) was our keeper. I am 54 years old now and I went to school in torquay and used to skip school several times to travel on the supporters coach to midweek away games. Yesterday I tried to work out how many away grounds I've been too and came up with 83. I've been to Blackpool, Workington, Carlisle, Macclesfield, Southport, Chester, man City, Old Trafford, Stockport, Hartlepool, Scarborough Hull ( both grounds) Doncaster, the last ever match at the old scunthorpe ground ( Mark loram scored a cracker), Bolton, York and dozens of others. I even have walked to plainmoor 7 times from Dawlish on a boxing day when there has been no public transport. I'm not looking for a medal but I just want to point out my commitment to the club. I even worked in the old caravan cafe serving customers at the Babacombe end, sold match day programmes and even sold lottery tickets for the club. My suspicions are that you probably don't attend most games
Well Dawlish matt, your suspicions couldn't be further from the truth.
I am 52 yrs old & started supporting Torquay in 1978, my first game was Vs Reading a 1-1 draw, we scored in the last minute. This was courtesy of Ian Twitchin & John Turner ( complimentary tickets ) as they turned up at our primary school in Shaldon & took us for a training session & then gave our headmaster Peter Vear the tickets.
And I have been hooked ever since.
As for away games, I've visited most of the lower reaches of the football league as well as the likes of Bradford park avenue, Folkestone , Weymouth, Taunton etc etc there are far too many to mention.
The reason being, my Father was a pro footballer playing for Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Oldham Athletic, Halifax town, Bradford park avenue, Folkestone, Taunton , so as children we were dragged around the country, sometimes under protest.
The late great Jimmy Frizzell was a close family friend & when he was the manager of Manchester City 1986-87 he offered my Father a job at City, but alas Dad turned it down.
I could go on but I feel that is enough info at this time, I'm just disappointed that you feel the need to question my commitment to TUFC as I've not ever questioned yours !
After the infamous Wolves game in the 80's A few of us walked back to Shaldon to avoid trouble, so I've done the walking bit too.
To my wife's astonishment I have even had tattoos inked on my arm telling the whole world Torquay United is My team, now surely that's got to be classed as commitment ? Or stupid ? Delete as necessary.
My beef is the sheer laziness of posters who cannot be bothered to spell names of people associated with our club correctly & then profess to be so knowledgeable enough the said persons they're talking about.
As Southampton Dave says in a previous post it's infuriating.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Yeah, well...beat this

I'm 137. I've been supporting Torquay United since 1910 - although we were called Torquay Town back then. The kits were black and white - well, colour didn't get invented until the mid 60s, so everything was black and white - and the players were bearded, but bearded like real men, not the beards of this effete Tony Stark wannabes we get these days. (Speaking of Starks - in my day it was Howard Stark, he was a real man, not like this guy they have running around pretending to be a robot. No, Howard Stark would find an unlimited source of power by day and then sleep with the hot redhead at his advertising agency by night. (this is a Mad Men reference, do try to keep up))

Anyway, my first game was vs our then arch rivals Babbacombe. We were 3-0 up with ten minutes to play when the game was abandoned thanks to an outbreak of dysentery. I demonstrated my commitment to the team by hurling abuse and emptying my pipe in a disrespectful way. The away games back then were terrifying; one week we had to go to Brixham.

As I got older I proved how much of a fan I was by writing strongly worded letters to the Herald Express, telling them in no uncertain terms what I though of the team, the management, the owners, and the other fans, who were all clearly not as devoted to the team as I was. Why, did they write a letter to Herald? NO! Did they insist their first grand-daughter was called Kenny Veysey? No! Only through this constant berating of people who dared to show their support in a slightly different way to me was I able to prove my manliness and superiority, which is the way it should be.

I haven't been to a game since 1992.

I agree with Brucie.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 16:18 Yeah, well...beat this

[highlight=yellow]I'm 137[/highlight]. I've been supporting Torquay United since 1910 - although we were called Torquay Town back then. The kits were black and white - well, colour didn't get invented until the mid 60s, so everything was black and white - and the players were bearded, but bearded like real men, not the beards of this effete Tony Stark wannabes we get these days. (Speaking of Starks - in my day it was Howard Stark, he was a real man, not like this guy they have running around pretending to be a robot. No, Howard Stark would find an unlimited source of power by day and then sleep with the hot redhead at his advertising agency by night. (this is a Mad Men reference, do try to keep up))

Anyway, my first game was vs our then arch rivals Babbacombe. We were 3-0 up with ten minutes to play when the game was abandoned thanks to an outbreak of dysentery. I demonstrated my commitment to the team by hurling abuse and emptying my pipe in a disrespectful way. The away games back then were terrifying; one week we had to go to Brixham.

As I got older I proved how much of a fan I was by writing strongly worded letters to the Herald Express, telling them in no uncertain terms what I though of the team, the management, the owners, and the other fans, who were all clearly not as devoted to the team as I was. Why, did they write a letter to Herald? NO! Did they insist their first grand-daughter was called Kenny Veysey? No! Only through this constant berating of people who dared to show their support in a slightly different way to me was I able to prove my manliness and superiority, which is the way it should be.

I agree with Brucie.
Wivelgull, stop hacking other forum members account.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

happytorq wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 16:18 Yeah, well...beat this

I'm 137. I've been supporting Torquay United since 1910 - although we were called Torquay Town back then. The kits were black and white - well, colour didn't get invented until the mid 60s, so everything was black and white - and the players were bearded, but bearded like real men, not the beards of this effete Tony Stark wannabes we get these days. (Speaking of Starks - in my day it was Howard Stark, he was a real man, not like this guy they have running around pretending to be a robot. No, Howard Stark would find an unlimited source of power by day and then sleep with the hot redhead at his advertising agency by night. (this is a Mad Men reference, do try to keep up))

I agree with Brucie.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: Hopefully everyone can put their members away now that the biggest bestest supporter has been indisputably found.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

I've been to two games this season and two last to date can I qualify as one of the worst supporters?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

:na: Yeah, and I forgot to say....
My dads bigger than your dad, so there . Nah nah nee nah nah.
:na: :na: :na: :na: :na:
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Hi Teigngull, I salute you for the commitment you clearly have shown ref your previous post. The point I was trying to make was that many people bizarrely believe that I am in some way connected to Clarke Osborne. I don't know the man, nor do I wish to. My only interest is in the future of our beloved Torquay United football club, a club we have loyally supported for over 40 years.