Current opinions on Clark Osborne and Gaming International

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Hi Rjc70. So who would give this land to Clarke Osbourne? Surely this has to be Torbay Council. If what is my understanding of your comments is correct, Osbourne would be given or sold land for housing development and a new stadium for TUFC but would build the housing and not the stadium. Surely that would be fraud. Common sense dictates that Osbourne is not a fraudster as he would have been prosecuted by now.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

ITS FECKIN OSBORNE , YOU IGNORANT TWOT
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Hi Teigngull. i don't understand what your last comments mean but this is a fans forum, a place where supporters of Torquay United express their opinions about our beloved club. Please if you are going to throw insults at an individual for expressing an opinion, then may i suggest you take your insults elsewhere.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

HockeyGull wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 18:02 This reminds me of when I used to run betting shops for William Hill.
Hey, is that you, Barney?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Yes, Torbay council. I’ll let you think longer about the rest of your post, though.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 17:43 Poor old uncle Clarke under the cosh again. [highlight=yellow]Maybe it's because i'm thick[/highlight],( i did go to a catholic school, Cuthbert mayne in torquay after all), but on reading this thread and many others on Clarke Osbourne, i am more confused than ever as to what Mr Osbourne's motives are for owning the club. [highlight=yellow]It can't be to purchase the ground for housing development and move to a new multi purpose stadium [/highlight]as so many people have said on this forum that Osbourne has failed on several previous occasions to build new stadiums or anything. It can't be to asset strip the club as the club has no assets. Osbourne can't sell the club in the short term as he would not get back anything like the substantual funds that he has already pumped into the club. Poor old Thea Bristow found this out to the tune of nearly 4 million written off in unpaid loans to the club. [highlight=yellow]Going back to the previous board, they indeed said that they were looking for other intrested parties to aquire the club after turning down Osbournes origional offer to purchase the club.[/highlight]. [highlight=yellow]Can someone please explain how Clarke Osbourne can possibly get a return on his investment in the club [/highlight]until the club is successfull back in the football league and is sold as a going concern. [highlight=yellow]My own personal belief is that he's keeping the seat warm until the Truro City owner gets his money back from Truro and sells the club and then purchases torquay from his good friend' Clarke Osbourne.
[/highlight]
Let me try and explain it to you again..... I will answer your questions that I have highlighted. :)
1. You'll have to answer that yourself.
2. Thats what he has told other teams/clubs before without, as you know, it hasn't happened anywhere where hes promised.
3. The previous board may have said that, but as I told you before, there were other viable interested parties. They didnt/couldn't turn down his "offer" as you put it, as he gave them a £100k + loan and simply called it in when they couldn't pay it back to him.
4. He wont - unless the club is successful to make it a more marketable/saleable asset.
5. Maybe - maybe not. If/when he decides to sell there will be other interested parties.

Hope thats cleared it up for you.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 19:57 Hi Teigngull. i don't understand what your last comments mean but this is a fans forum, a place where supporters of Torquay United express their opinions about our beloved club. Please if you are going to throw insults at an individual for expressing an opinion, then may i suggest you take your insults elsewhere.
Well maybe you could at least try & have the common decency of researching Clarke Osbornes name & then actually spell it correctly , then others may take you seriously, but I doubt it.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

happytorq wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 20:19 Hey, is that you, Barney?
:lol: It is ..... settling down for the first day of Cheltenham.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Dont worry dawlishmatt to quote Teigngull: "the bloke's obviously a tosser with far too much time on his hands."

Lighten up Teigngull - you're giving pedantry a bad name you feckin TWOT
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I see that it suggested that there were certain other interested parties before our present owner got his hands on the club, that may be, but they certainly didn't put their money where their mouths were and if they did it was not sufficient to either manage the loans requested by our previous charlatans or they had insufficient finance to keep the club above water. Certainly the likes of masters who by the way walked away with very little money from the Truro sale do not have the money to either buy out our present owner and keep the club afloat. The issue with fact and fiction is very often blurred, I can state to all and sundry who will listen in the bar after the game that I am interested in buying the club, by the time this story sees the light of day I am now a serious interested party, I am not and could not afford it, but like others in the past I would find enough gullible people and use their money and thus become an owner. There are very few individuals if any who have the spare cash to fund a struggling football club to the tune of 400 to 500 thousand pounds a year, especially when the chances of any return are limited to non existent and if there are then there any number of clubs in a far better position to waste their money on.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 13:44 [highlight=yellow]I see that it suggested that there were certain other interested parties before our present owner got his hands on the club, that may be, but they certainly didn't put their money where their mouths were and if they did it was not sufficient to either manage the loans requested by our previous charlatans or they had insufficient finance to keep the club above water.[/highlight] Certainly the likes of masters who by the way walked away with very little money from the Truro sale do not have the money to either buy out our present owner and keep the club afloat. The issue with fact and fiction is very often blurred, I can state to all and sundry who will listen in the bar after the game that I am interested in buying the club, by the time this story sees the light of day I am now a serious interested party, I am not and could not afford it, but like others in the past I would find enough gullible people and use their money and thus become an owner. There are very few individuals if any who have the spare cash to fund a struggling football club to the tune of 400 to 500 thousand pounds a year, especially when the chances of any return are limited to non existent and if there are then there any number of clubs in a far better position to waste their money on.
It wasn't or isn't "suggested" it was/is fact.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

HockeyGull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 12:50 :lol: It is ..... settling down for the first day of Cheltenham.
Good lad!

I used to manage a Stanley/Hills myself. In Plainmoor. Hell, way back, I think we even played hockey together, very briefly (I'd have been about 17/18...).

I miss Chelts.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 12:58 Dont worry dawlishmatt to quote Teigngull: "the bloke's obviously a tosser with far too much time on his hands."

Lighten up Teigngull - you're giving pedantry a bad name you feckin TWOT
I don't give a flying feck what your opinion of me is Mr no brain !, it's common decency to get an individual's name correct if you're going to talk about them in these forums, no matter what your opinion is of them, I would of thought you would be shouting it from the roof tops my man, after you're so readily keen to put grammatical errors correct with others, don't you think ?
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Teigngull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 15:32 I don't give a flying feck what your opinion of me is Mr no brain !, it's common decency to get an individual's name correct if you're going to talk about them in these forums, no matter what your opinion is of them, I would of thought you would be shouting it from the roof tops my man, after you're so readily keen to put grammatical errors correct with others, don't you think ?
Only using quotes from posts that you have made! It is obviously stupid and hypocritical to berate others for failing "to get an individual's name correct" when you are incapable of such "common decency" yourself: I don't really mind you abbreviating my name by omitting the 'Arrywith' but to insert an unnecessary space between 'no' and 'brain' is absolutely unforgivable. If your post was more comprehensible then it is possible that I might give you more credence, but how can anyone be taken seriously when they employ the word 'of' as a verb and use nonsensical words like 'feck(in)' and 'twot'?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 17:00 Only using quotes from posts that you have made! It is obviously stupid and hypocritical to berate others for failing "to get an individual's name correct" when you are incapable of such "common decency" yourself: I don't really mind you abbreviating my name by omitting the 'Arrywith' but to insert an unnecessary space between 'no' and 'brain' is absolutely unforgivable. If your post was more comprehensible then it is possible that I might give you more credence, but how can anyone be taken seriously when they employ the word 'of' as a verb and use nonsensical words like 'feck(in)' and 'twot'?
If you read my post back, there was no attempt to quote your name sir, it was an attempt to describe the image emblazoned in my mind that I hold you in by calling you Mr no brain. Any resemblance to your chosen moniker is purely coincidental.
Your obvious narcissistic arrogance becomes you sir.