woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Got my tickets by phone today. Looking at their forum it looks like the penny has dropped and the are stressing about their home end being taken over too.

They now know we are going to sell out
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

sgf wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 20:17 Got my tickets by phone today. Looking at their forum it looks like the penny has dropped and the are stressing about their home end being taken over too.

They now know we are going to sell out
Will be plenty of people going in the home end at this rate.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

desperado wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 19:48 This mad scramble for tickets will surely be repeated for Chippenham on Good Friday and St Albans. Chippenhams ground only holds 3000 so imagine we will get 1500 at most? So there will be a lot of disappointed people
St Albans' holds 5000. They had just over 1,000 for Dulwich Hamlet & about 750 for their previous home game. It's a proper old fashioned ground. I went there when we played in that league cup competition in the old Conference. If it's a promotion decider we should be able to take over the ground - I'm sure they'll be glad of the money.
Wokingham Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Rosenior

Post by Wokingham Gull »

I Doubt either of those games will be segregated, or even be ticket only (unless there is major trouble at Woking), so we will probably have better access to these games than at Woking, where we have been limited tickets. Unless somebody else knows better.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Finally managed to get through 10 minutes ago and was told we'd sold out.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Orange Gull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 10:20 Finally managed to get through 10 minutes ago and was told we'd sold out.
Yep, just gone up on the website, sold out! (LINK).
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I can confirm that it's a sell out as far as our allocation is concerned. We've sold more than we sometimes get at home on a February Tuesday evening when we're playing badly.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I wonder if there is any possibility of woking giving us more tickets? If our fans are going in the home end anyway wouldn't it make sense?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I would be surprised if they do offer us more tickets. If they genuinely feel they are in this title race they will want to fill the home end with there own fans. Giving us more tickets would just be an admission that they don't think they are good enough to beat us to the title and would rather take our cash and try their luck in the playoffs.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Managed to get two tickets in the seated area but one in row e and one in row n, had to send my brother in law up as we are on holiday in Barcelona, anyone fancying swapping two terrace tickets for two separate seated tickets (just incase someone doesn't like the person there going to the game with) :~D
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Aww, bless!

'Adrian' on the Cards forum thinks we're all wetting ourselves about visiting their salubrious ground:
Kingfield, Torquay’s Wembley??!!
:lol:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Let's hope No trouble, what ever the result is on the day, keep Torquays Name clean
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Midlandgull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 11:14 I wonder if there is any possibility of woking giving us more tickets? If our fans are going in the home end anyway wouldn't it make sense?
Why the assumption Woking won't sell their full home allocation? If the game was at Plainmoor you would expect us to sell out of home tickets despite the fact we are still playing in a half empty stadium for other home fixtures despite the success of the team.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 17:34 Why the assumption Woking won't sell their full home allocation? If the game was at Plainmoor you would expect us to sell out of home tickets despite the fact we are still playing in a half empty stadium for other home fixtures despite the success of the team.
I think the assumption may be based on Woking having only sold out Kingfield twice over the last decade (Coventry and Watford in the FA Cup). Even their local derby against Aldershot a few season ago only mustered 4,500 in a 6,000 capacity stadium. Woking may see how their ticket sales are going when their office closes on Thursday. If they are not selling as fast or as many as TU's they may decide to allocate more tickets to us. For all the clubs in this league (including us) cash is king. Look no further than Truro who remained at Plainmoor just to cash in on the festive season match.

One has to remember this is not am all ticket match, they are just selling tickets in advance. So any Torquay fan who has brought a ticket in other parts of the ground should not be evicted because as stated it is not an all ticket match and there is no mention of the match being segregated, as was the case when Woking played Wealdstone.. Mind you I expect Woking did not realise that 1,400 tickets was not enough for the Yellow Army following.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Jpr wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 16:38 Let's hope No trouble, what ever the result is on the day, keep Torquays Name clean
Bound to be some young and old Stone Island muppets showing off their love making techniques, just as they did away at Bath. Sad really.