Billericay v Torquay United 9/3/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Billericay v Torquay United 9/3/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

This match will test the mental character of the squad and whether they have the fight to win this league. Forget last Saturday let’s just be thankful Woking messed up also. I believe Jake Robinson is re-signing today for bill, so the curse of ex player syndrome will strike again No doubt. If we are at the races we can win this, but it’s Torquay anything can happen. I’m going to predict 2-1 Torquay.
Lucy
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

They have re-signed Jake Robinson today. Also signed a 22 year old former England U20 left/centre-back, Cole Kpekewa. Cheque book is back out at Billericay.

Going to be a tough test for our young squad tomorrow. Hope we take a good following.
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

Does anybody need a ticket for this game? I bought one but now can't go because of a combination of reasons. If anyone needs a ticket for free email me at [email protected] - I am happy to give it for nothing as long as the person who gets it is definitely going along to support the team. Just as well I am not going anyway. Aside from about one game per season and this season that was Hungerford I tend to be a jinx for Torquay when I go.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I don't want to be seen as a doom monger but I feel this is going to be a season defining game
Win & I feel we can go on & get the job needed to win it without any problems
Lose & well it's not worth thinking about really will be disastrous for this inexperienced group.
Draw , let's all hope other results go our way again, can we be that lucky ? This is Torquay United after all !

So, we need everyone to be at it from K.o including the magnificent travelling army, no nonsense please guys , go & give 100% support & if anyone starts any shit ,like at Bath & Weston get it nipped in the bud quickly please.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Agree if we lose it would put uncertainty into the players, win and it would instill confidence, draw wouldn't be a disaster but in the same context could do without Woking winning if we draw.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I agree that this could be a defining game.

Fans will be segregated and we will be on a covered terrace so should make more noise than at Welling & East Thurrock.

I think Billericay only sell tickets from the ticket office, not cash at turnstiles, so if you haven't already bought one on line (still available) make sure you get there in plenty of time. There will be a big crowd.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Agree with all of the above, never mind planning a big day out to Woking in a few weeks, this game is huge.
They will either feel invisible with the new signings or over confident.

Massive game time for us to fulfill our full potential.

COYY
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We drew with them at our worst this season so don't know why people are fretting. If we perform as well as we're capable they're nothing to fear. In Johnson we trust!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 19:29 We drew with them at our worst this season so don't know why people are fretting. If we perform as well as we're capable they're nothing to fear. In Johnson we trust!!
I take it you mean post Owers Dave ;-)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm getting old and it's been a tough evening personally.
Dave

Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 17:58 Agree with all of the above, never mind planning a big day out to Woking in a few weeks, this game is huge.
[highlight=yellow]They will either feel invisible [/highlight]with the new signings or over confident.

Massive game time for us to fulfill our full potential.

COYY
I can't see that being the case
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Not a season defining game IMO but an important one to show our mental strength for sure.
Gary showed he could turn attitudes and the approach immediately following the Bath game and I hope the same happens today
Actually feel that being away and then having additions is better for us somehow today.
Hope I'm right, have a feeling Kala will be more important to us they we know already in the run in.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 19:29 We drew with them at our worst this season so don't know why people are fretting. If we perform as well as we're capable they're nothing to fear. In Johnson we trust!!
I watched them against Truro at Plainmoor and Jake Robinson was outstanding sure he got HAT-TRICK I know you'll say it was only Truro but he was up for it playing at Plainmoor.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I don't underestimate in this league, just pointed out that before we became a well set out and established side we drew against a team that were at the summit and got a point so no need now to fear them. I'm sure Jake will get on the svoresheet but have faith we can outscored him and his side.
Dave

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

It's very windy in Essex this morning.
I hope we've learned to keep the ball on the floor and play to our strengths.