Not many games left

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

McNichol, ,Lloyd and Impey would all get sent off for their first tackle these days
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

I remember seeing Dave Caldwell sent off very early for his first 'encounter' with rival centre half. History there I suspect
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Bless him that was Dave Caldwell. Wouldn't want to get in the way of one of his tackles
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

desperado wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 10:47 McNichol, ,Lloyd and Impey would all get sent off for their first tackle these days
That's what I was thinking. Its a different game nowadays.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Guys, get back on topic FFS.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Torquay4eva wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 21:54 I don't understand the hate I seem to be getting. :red:
It was a simple question.
As a paying supporter I'm allowed to voice my opinion.
Don't take it personally - there are a lot of 'grumpy old men' on this forum who take exception on principle to anyone new. In a country where free speech is permitted you don't even have to be a paying supporter to be allowed to voice your opinion, although in Torquay you must surely be a troll from another club if you can't remember Eric Webber or Bill Towers .........
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Torquay4eva wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 21:54 I don't understand the hate I seem to be getting. :red:
Of course you are allowed your opinion,

You are just on the wrong site - please click below;

http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/index.php
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Lloyd? Impey? Webber? Caldwell? Hard men, yes, but 'The Beast' could kick all their heads in - at the same time!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wivelgull wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 14:53 Lloyd? Impey? Webber? Caldwell? Hard men, yes, but 'The Beast' could kick all their heads in - at the same time!
give it a rest.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 14:47 Of course you are allowed your opinion,

"Methinks thou dost protest too much" in providing a link to the dreaded Woking fans forum: it could not be that you are a Woking mole trying to deflect attention, could it? Go easy with the jingoism, it spoils your more rational posts.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 10:37 Not trying to start a sub thread but what player from the past. A player which has that fear factor or just hard threat.in my experience it will be Phil Lloyd. N0 nonsense
Alan Little ( Brian's brother) hard as nails, even a brick out house would raze itself to the ground rather than being confronted by Mr Little.
If only we had someone like him today .

Stevie Cooper was no powder puff as well, God them were the days.
Torquay4eva
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Torquay4eva »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 14:47 Of course you are allowed your opinion,

I've looked.......they are more miserable than me
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yes - of course you are entitled to your opinion, but when you make statements such as 'if we are promoted, Johnson won't keep us up', you are inviting ridicule. Until GJ was appointed, I couldn't be arsed whether I attended games or not. Plainmoor was like a morgue. We trudged back to our cars grumbling about another boring match where the crossbar challenge was about the most exciting part of the afternoon. Gary Johnson came in and changed all that almost overnight. On the whole, we have been watching entertaining attacking football. It must be working because gates have almost doubled. He is well respected in the football world, and my opinion is that we are very fortunate to have him as our manager. He has a successful track record with other clubs and I think he could take us back to the Football League, although it might take two or three seasons for it to happen.

If you think I must be Gary Johnson's long lost brother, you're wrong! I do not know him personally. I simply respect him for reviving the club I have supported for many years. I do know a few Cheltenham supporters, though. They were not impressed when he was sacked so early in the season and think that their loss is our gain.

Colin Bettany ...... I agree with Wivel. Sorry to go off topic, SuperNick ;-)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Torquay4eva wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 18:42 Alas I was 5 that season so have no memory of it.
Being the only? Full time team in the division we should expect better than we have seen recently.
[highlight=yellow]We should be ahead by at least a few points instead of goal difference.[/highlight]
However 8/10 so far for me
You seem to have missed/glossed over the fact that we had the dire Owers in charge for the first part of the season.
If GJ had been in from game 1, then we would be x number of points clear.
If Owers were still in charge, we'd be lucky to be mid-table.

TUST Member 468

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Agree. I don't really want rate a season before it ends as the end result if we don't go up will be not worth rating really for me. Just Got to keep hoping, pushing and supporting this team back up to national level.
Fair to say though since owers got fired we have been fantastic on the whole. That's too say we don't have our off days along the way. Journey on and pursue the end result we want is all that matters. Like my dad always says it the last bit that counts