Torquay United v Chelmsford City - PP 2/4/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Teigngull wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 23:23 Some of you need to get over yourselves I'm afraid.
The right decision was made however late it may have been, if we'd played tonight & inadvertently came unstuck again there would've been uproar on this forum amongst others.
Why are we feeling sorry for the opposition ? These things happen unfortunately & as it's transpired the weather God's have put paid to a game being played tonight.
Like I say it's unfortunate but we've broken no rules as I see it, we've not lost in farcical conditions as could've happened & surely we need to give ourselves the best advantage we can at home ?
We move on to the next one.
:goodpost:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

goody2449 wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 00:15 Any thoughts on when the rearranged match might be? 3rd time lucky
No idea, but I do know we could do without it being played in the week before the Woking game.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Bert wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 19:54 understood but of more concern is that there was no local ref available during the day.
why?? they were probably at work, they are not full time refs at this level, or in this part of the country
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Teigngull wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 23:23 Some of you need to get over yourselves I'm afraid.
The right decision was made however late it may have been, if we'd played tonight & inadvertently came unstuck again there would've been uproar on this forum amongst others.
Why are we feeling sorry for the opposition ? These things happen unfortunately & as it's transpired the weather God's have put paid to a game being played tonight.
Like I say it's unfortunate but we've broken no rules as I see it, we've not lost in farcical conditions as could've happened & surely we need to give ourselves the best advantage we can at home ?
We move on to the next one.
first sensible post!!
still keeping the faith
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

More on last night's postponement:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47467185
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Last night I posted that the National League need to review their procedures on Postponements so I was pleased to read that Gary Johnson holds the same view.
National League Clubs are not money pits like Premier League Clubs and it could have been United driving 500 miles on a return trip for nothing.
In this day and age the Administrators need to do better. It is beyond a joke.
To the National League I say "get your brains in gear guys not good enough"
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I don't know how many of you heard the snippet of GJ on the sports bulletin on radio Devon this morning but he weren't a happy happy by a long shot.
You could clearly hear the rain hammering down in the background & he even said it was obvious in the morning that the forecast was abysmal for K.O. time.
Handsomely puts the blame on the hierarchy of the National League who, by the sounds of it, failed to take common sense into consideration & stuck to their antiquated rule book & refused to take TUFC's information on board & insisted a class 1 referee inspected the pitch & made a decision.
With all of the technology available today why wasn't this option taken into consideration ?
Even a checking blind man could see this game was never going to take place & with the amount of rain the south west has received over the last 3 or 4 days a call from the club to NL HQ would've & should've sufficed.
It's typical of Football leagues around the country being run by people who have no feckin clue & more than likely have never even played the game.
We have done all that was required to get the pitch situation assessed but couldn't get the right man to say no go, even the man from Del Monte would've struggled to say yes with the evidence before him !!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Not ideal four days before Woking. Don’t know why it could have been played the week before.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Judging by the weather forecast for this week think we may have to squeeze another fixture into a midweek slot!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Don't think Chelmsford fancied going to Truro on the Saturday and back again to us the Tuesday after . Think they wanted it on the Monday night after Truro. We obviously told them where to go
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

perfect timing for myself as i'm visting devon for a few days and now have the wealdstone game and this one to take in!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 20:14 perfect timing for myself as i'm visting devon for a few days and now have the wealdstone game and this one to take in!
Selfish pig.

:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

So it’s third time lucky for this game. The focus from the fans view has for a while been the Woking match, but 3 points on Tuesday will put is in an almost championship position even if we lose at Woking. Asa hall describes this match as a free hit, win Tuesday lads and the Woking match will be a free hit. However Chelmsford are no mugs and are fighting for 3rd place, so should make for a great tense match. 2-1 Torquay
Lucy
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 16:49 So it’s third time lucky for this game. The focus from the fans view has for a while been the Woking match, but 3 points on Tuesday will put is in an almost championship position even if we lose at Woking. Asa hall describes this match as a free hit, win Tuesday lads and the Woking match will be a free hit. However Chelmsford are no mugs and are fighting for 3rd place, so should make for a great tense match. 2-1 Torquay
Win the next two and with at least two more points from the remaining four matches with our goal difference we're champions.

I've just watched the NL video of Saturday's Chelmsford Oxford match and there was some schoolboy defending by both sides so we should have nothing to fear and just go for it.