Welling Utd v TUFC 16th February 2019

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

There's also train to Woolwich Arsenal and 96 bus to Welling.
TUST member 200 ;-)
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

Yep, Woolwich Arsenal is an option or you can go to Charlton station and get the 486 bus. If you are coming via Central London the Charlton/486 combination is actually faster. Will be there on Saturday and hopefully bringing a few people along. If you haven't been before, Welling has a very relaxed atmosphere though a lot of standing rather than seating. There are 2 bars in the ground and usually very little segregation. As a Charlton fan who also follows Torquay as my non league team would like to see Gulls go up automatically and Welling via playoffs. This will be an important game and hoping Dartford do another favour next weekend. They are another defensive team with trouble scoring from what I have seen this season. Have also seen Welling twice this season and they create a lot of chances but don't have a finisher in the mould of the several Torquay have these days. Should be a Torquay win but they are also a hard side to break down. Might take a while to get that crucial first goal. Reckon it will be 2-0 Torquay.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Was just looking on flash score. Welling have the best home record of any club this season in NLS. We have the best away record.

https://www.flashscore.com/football/eng ... gue-south/
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

I think this will be a far different game from Tuesday. They have had to get rid of staff and players of late and only had 3 subs on tuesday. Hopefully a 2 or 3 goal victory. Should be around 350 there.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Think this’ll be another blow out, 3-1, 4-1.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

COYY! Tough away game, but full faith in the team! Unchanged XI, or should it be mixed up a little from Hemel?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Shows the level we’ve dropped to when have to look on map to see where opposition play. Didn’t realise it was just over the river from Essex for me. Hopefully next season we’ll be playing proper towns next week not suburbs.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Midlandgull wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 10:08 COYY! Tough away game, but full faith in the team! Unchanged XI, or should it be mixed up a little from Hemel?
It is a tough one Midlandgull, but TBH I think they all will be from now on - teams wanting to beat us and us having to maintain the great consistancy that GJ has instilled into the squad.
Hope our run continues with an win and I can see that happening.
I'm off to watch the Torquay United of League 1 today - Barnsley, who are also on a great run. They will be without Kieffer Moore today as he picked up a nasty head injury last week - a real shame as hes been in great goalscoring form and I had a few quid on him to be leading scorer.... :-/ =D

Up the Gulls. COYY.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 13:11 It is a tough one Midlandgull, but TBH I think they all will be from now on - teams wanting to beat us and us having to maintain the great consistancy that GJ has instilled into the squad.
Hope our run continues with an win and I can see that happening.
I'm off to watch the Torquay United of League 1 today - Barnsley, who are also on a great run. They will be without Kieffer Moore today as he picked up a nasty head injury last week - a real shame as hes been in great goalscoring form and I had a few quid on him to be leading scorer.... :-/ =D

Up the Gulls. COYY.
True, no easy games really. This one seems harder though, a club that have been at NL level in recent times, excellent home record too. If we are on our A game though we should win. Maybe Kieffer Moore can return to Torquay one day but he is showing what he can do at that level, it is impressive. I think Barnsley will beat Wycombe today, 3-0. Fingers crossed the gulls can also win!
:scarf:
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

The players have arrived and had a first walk of the pitch. They are working out how to take a corner from the lower end. It's only one step before the stand and down a hill. I get the feeling away swinging corners may be the order of the day. . .
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Line up:

MacDonald (GK), Wynter, Davis, Sendles-White, Keating, Hall (c), Janneh, Lemonheigh-Evans, Cameron, Andrews, Reid

SUBS: Burton (GK), Vincent, Niate, Dickson, Kalala

COYY
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

First time I’ve been here. Another strange ground.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Is the commentary going to be on today? Still showing as off air for me
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

Quite a significant slope on the ground.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Just started !