Hemel Hempstead v Torquay United Tuesday 12th Feb.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Hemel proved to be a very welcoming club. I enjoyed the fact that many of their fans were quick to praise our team as the best they've seen in the league and wishing us well. Decent club to be fair. I met their owner who was fretting over the non segregation but I reassured him and as is "usually the case" everyone was well behaved.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree with Nick P on the MOM thread , not to be too critical as another great win but we must always be looking to improve and it seemed we were absolutely no threat at all from our 12 first half corners, and the delivery sounded poor often ending up in the keepers hands. If we were scoring from corners as well I suppose we would be hammering teams even more
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes must improve we've only scored 11 goals in the last two games, its time Johnson sorted these forwards out.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

desperado wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 11:53 Agree with Nick P on the MOM thread , not to be too critical as another great win but we must always be looking to improve and it seemed we were absolutely no threat at all from our 12 first half corners, and the delivery sounded poor often ending up in the keepers hands. If we were scoring from corners as well I suppose we would be hammering teams even more
I saw a few flaws in MacDonald last night. His organisation at the back is terrible. When he sets up a wall to defend a free kick he needs to be more assertive and get his decisions right. One particular moment he had two in a wall from the corner of the penalty area and shouted "One". Needless to say one of them turned to him and he said nothing more, leaving two in the wall. As it happens two was the better option anyway but even so he needs to be much more commanding in that situation. His communication with the back four isn't great either so I hope the coaching staff are aware and working on his assertiveness. He's not one for commanding his box either but in Cameron we have a great decision maker who more often than not does the clearing up.

Plenty of work still to be done but we look a decent team for the level so like Dowson says, I expect us to go on and win this division with ease. Not counting any chickens, I just believe we'll endure over the others.
Dave

Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Great win, and so nice to be back on track after the enforced lay off! and another 4 goals, just fantastic long may it continue.
Just listened to GJ post match interview on the website, the guy is just pure class! I still have pinch myself to make sure I know I am not dreaming ! How did we get this guy to come to Torquay?
Do we have to show some love to mr Clarke Osborne for making it happen? Now would that not be strange occurrence!!!!
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 13:51
Do we have to show some love to mr Clarke Osborne for making it happen? Now would that not be strange occurrence!!!!
Don't start all that again!
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

The whole match from the League site with no commentary and the usual annoying adverts.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

knightmaregull wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 13:58 Don't start all that again!
Maybe as we march towards promotion the whole of plainmoor will unite in singing " there is only one Clarke Osbourne...…. :lol: :lol:
As Clarke and GJ do the lap of honour..... Football is a funny old game!!!!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

No comment!!!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

dawlishmatt wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 18:46 No comment!!!!!
Could you comment on whether you believe CO will ever build a stadium?

Could you comment on whether Swindon, Reading or Poole will get their promised stadiums?

No? 😉
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 10:03 Hemel proved to be a very welcoming club. I enjoyed the fact that many of their fans were quick to praise our team as the best they've seen in the league and wishing us well. Decent club to be fair. I met their owner who was fretting over the non segregation but I reassured him and as is "usually the case" everyone was well behaved.
Glad to hear it Dave, I for one have had enough of the to$$ers who spoil it for the majority.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Griff1n wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 15:51 The whole match from the League site with no commentary and the usual annoying adverts.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/
Gave up after 1 minute. Must surely be a shortened highlight of this match rather than watching 130 minutes of silence
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I just moved it on to when each goal was scored; surely these must be the only match highlights that show you the whole game!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Thanks to all those who took the time to let me know what they thought of the stewarding at Hemel. Much appreciated.
Dave

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest