Banning orders issued

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Banning orders issued

Post by Teigngull »

It has been announced by Torquay United, that following investigations into recent crowd disturbances at games involving TUFC several banning orders have been issued to a number of individuals associated with the recent trouble.
The club have put it on record that they will not tolerate certain behaviours by fans who wish to cause disruption & have thanked those of us who helped bring these morons to task.
I would also like to say WELL DONE & thank you ladies & gents who offered their knowledge & evidence in naming & shaming these twots who feel it necessary to attach themselves to our club.
I hope the message conveyed by TUFC is loud & understood by the knuckle draggers & if they want to fight each other to do it elsewhere so innocent law abiding fans can enjoy watching football in a safe atmosphere.
Goodbye & good riddance to you scum you are not welcome in the name of TUFC.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Teigngull wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 15:26 It has been announced by Torquay United, that following investigations into recent crowd disturbances at games involving TUFC several banning orders have been issued to a number of individuals associated with the recent trouble.
The club have put it on record that they will not tolerate certain behaviours by fans who wish to cause disruption & have thanked those of us who helped bring these morons to task.
I would also like to say WELL DONE & thank you ladies & gents who offered their knowledge & evidence in naming & shaming these twots who feel it necessary to attach themselves to our club.
I hope the message conveyed by TUFC is loud & understood by the knuckle draggers & if they want to fight each other to do it elsewhere so innocent law abiding fans can enjoy watching football in a safe atmosphere.
Goodbye & good riddance to you scum you are not welcome in the name of TUFC.
Not quite my choice of words but amen to the thrust of what you state.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Echoing what Teigngull said (this might be the first time, actually) - there is no place for this sort of behaviour at any football club. I hope that the club have also passed this information onto the police, so that they can determine whether any further action is warranted.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

happytorq wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 17:25 Echoing what Teigngull said (this might be the first time, actually) - there is no place for this sort of behaviour at any football club. I hope that the club have also passed this information onto the police, so that they can determine whether any further action is warranted.
:lol: :goodpost: cheers :scarf:
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Delusional if you think banning a few for throwing a couple of punches at Bath will make our away trip to Woking trouble free!! Hope I am wrong but banning a few lads that threw punches does not get anywhere near the route cause of the trouble which has been around for a couple of years. Having seen such great support at Bath, I am embarrassed by these idiots!!!!!!!!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Is it just for home games, away clubs with 2 stewards and a dog will find it difficult to monitor if it also includes away games
Lucy
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

How many have been banned? There'll be some minor trouble at Woking, that there's no doubt.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 01:46 Is it just for home games, away clubs with 2 stewards and a dog will find it difficult to monitor if it also includes away games
As I understand it only the police can issue banning orders for away matches and to achieve that they need a court conviction. As far as I know there have been no court appearances due to this match. The best we can hope for is the club have forwarded their evidence to the police and further action awaits.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Police apply to the courts for banning orders to be imposed. They've not quite cut the courts out of the equation just yet.

The club can ban them from attending Plainmoor and official travel organisations but that's about it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 08:46 Police apply to the courts for banning orders to be imposed. They've not quite cut the courts out of the equation just yet.

The club can ban them from attending Plainmoor and official travel organisations but that's about it.
How can the club enforce such orders ? The stewards are not the most efficient searchers unless they are tackling an OAP with a view to confiscating his walking stick and asthma inhaler, so how are they going to stop banned individuals from entering the ground when some kind of identification check would be required? If they have passport controls on the turnstiles some people will still be trying to get in when the match has finished.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It's not so much about enforcement by security, if someone is caught breaching it they would almost certainly end up in prison.
Dave

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Issuing banning orders at this level is ridiculous. Just fine these tobies 5 grand to paid within 6 months otherwise they get a year inside.

Most wannabe hoolies will then limit their embarrassing, laughable behaviour to no more than a few insults.

Solves the problem by and large in one fell swoop. No brainer.

That's the problem with today's weak and nonsensical legal system. It doesn't come close to even addressing a problem let alone solving it.

Draconian punishments for casual offenders stops most of them in their tracks because i'm sure they do have half a brain cell hidden away somewhere and even they (or their parents :Oops: ) wouldn't want to find 5k or do a years bird. The more hardcore offenders well that's a different story but generally most football trouble is caused by slightly errant youths thinking they are ten men and getting carried away. Fine them 5 grand or a year inside and most will behave in future.

You'll never rid the game of the hardcore but nipping it in the bud with younger ones by way of severe punishments will stop most of it.

As it is though the judges give them a slap on the wrist and the clubs issue banning orders that are simply not enforcable and thus this behavior is allowed to continue and to disrupt the enjoyment of games for proper grown ups.

When all said and done though i do believe low level disorder and general disruptive behaviour by a growing number of younger fans at lower league and non league is on the increase again. I've seen quite a few games recently and witnessed appalling scenes at most games so perhaps it is indicative of a nationwide trend and obviously not exclusive to Torquay.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 10:49 It's not so much about enforcement by security, if someone is caught breaching it they would almost certainly end up in prison.
If they are caught breaching a Torquay Utd imposed ban the worst that would happen would be ejection from the ground, and with the stewards at Torquay even that would be unlikely. The last time Torquay played against Plymouth a well known former Torquay policeman, who was also known as a keen Argyle supporter, was ensconced in the home section of Bristow's Bench. He was wearing Argyle colours and goading the United fans until the stewards were forced to take action. However, all that they did was to move him to the adjacent away section of the Bench, when according to the Plainmoor ground rules he should have been ejected. When the stewards are that ineffective there is no chance that they would seek to enforce any club bans.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm talking about a court imposed banning order. The club imposed ban would work like Pubwatch where it IS then up to security to locate and eject.
Dave

Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 11:15 I'm talking about a court imposed banning order. The club imposed ban would work like Pubwatch where it IS then up to security to locate and eject.
Court imposed bans are a different matter even though at NLS level they are harder to enforce than in the Premier League, where all kinds of technology like crowd surveillance, supported by a strong police presence, are utilised. However, club imposed bans are merely an ineffectve nod in the direction of the problem. The security, such as it is, have neither the means nor the inclination to enforce such bans: the kind of mindless moron who has been banned is not going to be intimidated by a 14 year old girl in a yellow jacket which is 3 sizes too big, even if she is well-informed enough to realise that he should not be in the ground.