woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

gateman49 wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 22:03 Quote from one of their fans:

"This is a mockery. Has this ref received a brown envelope from Devon?"

damn it! never thought of that :devil:
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Chelmsford will also be buoyed by this result making a potentially hard game on Saturday even harder!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well one point out of the last nine available is some collapse in form.

We will have to play well on Saturday because Chelmsford are on a great run.

A lot of rain in Teignmouth tonight so I think it will be a mud bath on Saturday if the game is on.

However we seem to float across the pitch at present and it really does not seem to bother the team. COYY.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

DWB wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 22:13 Chelmsford will also be buoyed by this result making a potentially hard game on Saturday even harder!
The Gary Johnson Effect will mean they will be well prepared for a tough game and told in no uncertain terms that the Woking result means nothing. ;-) Should be a good game between two good teams who have won 7 of their last 8. Hope there’s a good crowd.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Dartford tonight have turned the whole season upside down, even the bookies can’t recalculate the outright options. It’s a great result tonight,but only if we can beat Chelmsford on Saturday as Woking have yet another home match against east Thurrock.
Lucy
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

My main concern is will the game be on with the forecast for Friday. Plenty of wind which may help
but that water will struggle to disappear with the state of the surface. Hope they have managed to get the verti drain machine on it and can cover the worst areas
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Today starting dry leading to rain.

Thursday/Friday/Saturday - pretty much constant rain.

History sways me towards another postponement :(
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Grounds man said pitch can cope with any amount of rain up to 6 hours before kick off.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

That's encouraging Forest, hopefully not too many heavy showers on Saturday and a strong wind
we should be ok then
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Not too worried about Woking anymore, I think they have gone off the boil, Dowse, the manager has a weekly you tube segment on Fridays and after the comments he made at the end of January about his useless team I cannot see them wanting to walk over hot coals for him, if you can understand what he says or you have a Geordie translator to hand he basically said his team were spineless, useless and had the wrong mentality, comments which may be accurate but kept for the changing room behind closed doors.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Culmstock Gull is right. Woking are an irrelevance. I have been saying for ages, and put it on BTPIR, that we are going to win this league, we are far too strong and Woking will blow up. The state of the pitch is also an irrelevance. Some our best football has been played on porridge surfaces, both home and away. We are the pro's, we are fitter than these part timers, and such pitches favour us massively. Never have I been so confident that we are going to be Champions. We will win 4-1 on Saturday.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Well, I am not writing off Woking just because of a poor run of form. They are still very strong and have a lot of points of the table, plus they more than most have the ability to improve their squad.

We just have to focus on winning ourselves but cannot take the foot off of the gas as the pendulum can very quickly swing back in their favour - we're not 10 points clear or anything crazy so lets keep grounded.

COYY
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Midlandgull wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 18:34 Well, I am not writing off Woking just because of a poor run of form. They are still very strong and have a lot of points of the table, plus they more than most have the ability to improve their squad.

We just have to focus on winning ourselves but cannot take the foot off of the gas as the pendulum can very quickly swing back in their favour - we're not 10 points clear or anything crazy so lets keep grounded.

COYY
Absolutely right
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

The floodlights were on last night=anyone know why?
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Trying to dry out the pitch?????