Jamie Reid

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SkyBlueGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SkyBlueGull »

It can all be a conundrum

I remember Ashley Barnes playing on loan with us - he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Ok we were in Division 4

But if you had told me he would be bangng them in in the Premiership ( 3 levels higher)- I would have called the men in white coats to take you away to the funny farm
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Oh what a surprise, teigngull chatting turds again.

#JR19isayellow
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Ask! I guess GJ has had a long & Frank talk with JR & together have decided his continuing associations with us is better for all parties concerned.
I have spoken with my Gossie mate ( Gulal, best known as Gully to her closest friends ) & shindigs what she told me is a fact.I
I can only pass on the information recejved, if Jess wrong well then fair enough.
Good to see Jamie commit, now let's go & win this !eague asap.
P.s it's good & encouraging to know decent players will commit to our club for a change, we!l done GJ & of course CO for financing this exciting venture.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Excellent
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

The only way is up. Great news especially as other clubs rumoured to be interested. Well done GJ and of course JR!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Great news. Even if Pompey do still want him a longer contract means he's worth more :)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CraigUnder wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 15:57 Oh what a surprise, teigngull chatting turds again.

#JR19isayellow
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This whole Jaime Reid thing has been hilarious, just before Christmas there was a Torquay fan on the FB convinced, and trying to convince just about anyone who'd listen that JR had signed a pre-nup with Doncaster, now he's signing for Portsmouth apparently, who next :lol:

Gary Johnson has done wonder for Reidy, he's instilled confidence in the lad, moved into his favoured position, it's was beyond obvious to anyone with half a footballing brain, Jamie Reid isn't a wide player, he is still far to much of a limited footballer to carry off playing in that position, GJ has helped Reidy repair his broken relationship with the fans, so a clearly happy JR is enjoying his football and scoring goals.

Jamie Reid is a quick strong player, but here's the big difference, there's one thing being able to chase down, and out muscle Oxford City's young academy central defender in the NLS, to being able to do that against a League 1 centre back, who's going to be just as quick and as strong as he is. I'm really pleased for Reidy, have been all over the forums and social media defending JR against some vile abuse, but let the lad learn walk before he can run, still young player with a lot learn, who's time may come if he keeps developing.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

PhilGull wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 16:33 Great news. Even if Pompey do still want him a longer contract means he's worth more :)
Exactly, now a transfer fee would be required to prise ALL of our under contract players away in the near future.
Good business from the club.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

It says a great deal about the character and loyalty of Jamie Reid that he has been prepared to sign a new contract covering next season, after the abuse and bullying he has been subjected to . . . Good to have him on board for next year - unless of course, a tasty offer comes in.

I saw the crack about Elliot Benyon - I enjoyed watching him at Torquay 2 levels UP from where we are now. 39 goals in 125 appearances is hard to knock. IMO Swindon took a reasonable punt at GBP 125 K but he didn't do well after the move that's for sure - a cautionary tale.

Well done Jamie and good luck - I hope you make the 30 mark this season !
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Swatcat wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 03:02 It says a great deal about the character and loyalty of Jamie Reid that he has been prepared to sign a new contract covering next season, after the abuse and bullying he has been subjected to . . . Good to have him on board for next year - unless of course, a tasty offer comes in.

I saw the crack about Elliot Benyon - I enjoyed watching him at Torquay 2 levels UP from where we are now. 39 goals in 125 appearances is hard to knock. IMO Swindon took a reasonable punt at GBP 125 K but he didn't do well after the move that's for sure - a cautionary tale.

Well done Jamie and good luck - I hope you make the 30 mark this season !
Seeking the bright lights does not always pay dividends. Take last seasons crowd favourite Elliot Romain, he declined to sign for us wanting to play a higher level of football with Dagenham. However, they made cut bacls and off he went to Maidstone Utd who are in the relegation zone, 6 points adrift. He cannot command a first team place and his contract is only till the end of the season. If they are relegated back to regional football they will make cut backs which could see him floating in the transfer 'Has-Been's' market. That's what believing in the 'grass is always greener' does to you or equally as bad playing regional football which he did not want to do.

Wonder if he regrets his decision not to sign for us now?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

SkyBlueGull wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 12:57 It can all be a conundrum

I remember Ashley Barnes playing on loan with us - he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Ok we were in Division 4

But if you had told me he would be bangng them in in the Premiership ( 3 levels higher)- I would have called the men in white coats to take you away to the funny farm
I said at the time on forums I could see something in him and could see him progressing to be a good striker in the Championship and maybe Premier. We did have a dodgy team and he was only with us for a short time. It was when that fella Mo rocked up to walk around the pitch for a few minutes (certainly couldn't manage 90!). A decent striker in Division 4 in a poor team will always struggle through lack of service and lack of support when he has the ball.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

MellowYellow wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 13:33 Seeking the bright lights does not always pay dividends. Take last seasons crowd favourite Elliot Romain, he declined to sign for us wanting to play a higher level of football with Dagenham. However, they made cut bacls and off he went to Maidstone Utd who are in the relegation zone, 6 points adrift. He cannot command a first team place and his contract is only till the end of the season. If they are relegated back to regional football they will make cut backs which could see him floating in the transfer 'Has-Been's' market. That's what believing in the 'grass is always greener' does to you or equally as bad playing regional football which he did not want to do.

Wonder if he regrets his decision not to sign for us now?
If he decides to play regional football again, then I am sure that Eastbourne Borough would welcome him back with open arms.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

And there I rest my case, a player who's ambition was to move on from Eastbourne Borough to bigger and better things, may well find two years on, he is back to exactly where he started - regional football - and at age 27, may not find the opportunities to progress up the pyramid, so easy this time round. In essence, Reidy has made a wise choice to extend his contract with us - 'the grass is not always greener on the other side'