Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Good point
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hate to be critical here but it seems as though we may have lost our heads and given a precious three points away.

I wasn't there but it seems as though Andrews was fouled and has grabbed the ball for the penalty. Irrespective of who took the penalty surely we should know that Clarke can hardly bend down and his pathetic attempt to save a penalty for us last year should have been well known.

You just need to roll the ball in the corner - he isn't getting down to it, 3-1 game over . The ball simply has to go at ground level. Its where a geriatric keeper has no chance of getting it.

No doubt the players and Johnson will be hurting but we need to learn lessons and come back stronger. Over 16 games Bath have simply no chance of achieving more points than us. it does seem that the occasion has got to us.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Missed penalty was the turning point. Boosted bath and their fans. We didn’t play well but had the chances to win it.
There’s no chance of having points deducted due to fans’ behaviour. I thought the stewarding was a bit nieve not having stewards or police at segregation line until after it kicked off.
Last edited by standupsitdown on 19 Jan 2019, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

On my way back from match, which we threw away. I am concerned about the behaviour of some so called fans. Hopefully there will be no fines or worse. Poor performance, but the winning streak had to end some time. We must bounce back with 3 points and a few goals next week. GJ will not be a happy man tonight.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Johnson not all happy describing some of our decision making as unprofessional, and it seems he was even less happy with Andrews for taking the penalty.

Not a happy man.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

We never got going today. That said, at 1-2, they were flat, we were in control. Penalty miss gave them a lift. Soft penalty to concede and their third was the only bit of incisive football of the afternoon.
TUST number 080
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Poor performance, only Hall emerges with any credit, Janneh and Andrews poor, Reid and Evans anonymous.

Penalty miss was the turning point, knew we wouldn't win after that. Their penalty looked soft and no idea how Janneh missed from under the bar right at the end so should've got a point but the occasion and crowd size maybe affected the players.

Expect Johnson will give them the necessary kick up the backside and hopefully they'll go on another good run.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

The morons were out in force today and it was a total embarrassment. Flares, fighting, pitch invasions. Well done you f**king idiots. What was laughable though were the grown men in their 50s thinking it was the seventies all over again. Do us all a favour, and stay away. You're not wanted. You could well have cost the club a valuable points deduction today, so, once again, well done. I was embarrassed to be a Torquay fan today.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 15:46 Our 'fans' are a **** embarrassment. I'm stood in home fans watching a bunch of 50 year old men and kids with scarfs around their faces setting off smoke bombs and running on the pitch.

Sort your lives out. You're an embarrassment to our club. Absolute wasters.
When Bath scored the first there was a mob of about 50 odd charged at the Bath fans, some proper punches being thrown over the fences.

Unbelievable really, we have a real little hooligan element nowadays.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Certainly agree with Bigman the only player who came away with any form of credit was Hall. Bath obviously did their homework on us far more proficiently than we did on them, they closed us down in most departments and too many of our players had very,very off days. Without any shred of doubt we need a large target man, Reidy did his best but their centre half who was a foot taller than Reid had him in his pocket for most of the game, credit to him for his goal but his miss was something my mum on an off day could have put into the net.
As for the idiots letting off their flares well their is no point in addressing my concerns to them as they obviously cannot read or write, But lads if you let off a flare as least check the wind direction that way you don't end up inhaling the smoke for the next five minutes. Morons.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

"They know how dissappointed I am " !!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkCOKO7WYc8
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

dennisk wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 18:08 On my way back from match, which we threw away. I am concerned about the behaviour of some so called fans. Hopefully there will be no fines or worse. Poor performance, but the winning streak had to end some time. We must bounce back with 3 points and a few goals next week. GJ will not be a happy man tonight.
The annoying thing is they aren't really Torquay fans are they? You don't see them at home games but they jump on the band wagon of big away trips, get boozed up and act like idiots. Whilst this sort of thing is worrying for the club's reputation we need to be mindful that 99% of support is excellent and celebrate that.
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 20:22 Certainly agree with Bigman the only player who came away with any form of credit was Hall. Bath obviously did their homework on us far more proficiently than we did on them, they closed us down in most departments and too many of our players had very,very off days. Without any shred of doubt we need a large target man, Reidy did his best but their centre half who was a foot taller than Reid had him in his pocket for most of the game, credit to him for his goal but his miss was something my mum on an off day could have put into the net.
As for the idiots letting off their flares well their is no point in addressing my concerns to them as they obviously cannot read or write, But lads if you let off a flare as least check the wind direction that way you don't end up inhaling the smoke for the next five minutes. Morons.
Amen I have been saying this for months. It showed today at times that we lacked ab experienced presence up front.

It was my first family away day with my wife and daughters and an embarrassed of some of the behaviour from the 'fans'
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Just got in.
What a disappointing day especially with the d*ckhead element who call themselves fans. Its no excuse, but the stewards were useless until it had been kicked off in the corner for 5mins. You'd have thought that they knew what might happen after the idiots went to WSM. Eventually the old bill turned up and then they crawled back under their stone. Lots of police presence after the game too.

On to the game, a disappointing performance, lots of hoofball, no crisp passing, no running off the ball.
their first goal was a giveaway. we had the ball and inexplicitly played it across the pitch instead of wide, it got intercepted, one further pass and in the back of the net. we never got going, lots of finger pointing at each other by the players. our first goal from a corner - typical Asa Hall who had a good game. Same for the second as well. they couldnt defend them. as for the pen - it was a stonewall one, but why did Andrews take it? Disaster.
Cue wind put back into Bath's sails - however that was never a penalty - I still cant believe he gave it. 2-2. Their third goal same as their first. ball given away on our left flank, switched to the right, good ball in and we're 3-2 down. Gutted.
TBH, I dont think we deserved to win, a draw would have been a fair result.
Anyway, onwards and upwards.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We were beaten by the better side on the day I felt the Jenneh was trying to hard and maybe the game was to big for a few of the youngsters. We were a yard off the pace allowing Bath to pass around us. Their centre halfs kept our strikers quiet. It should do everyone good and perhaps we can start winning again.
Last edited by arcadia on 19 Jan 2019, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.