Woking Loanees

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Woking Loanees

Post by brooker »

Woking have lost two of their better players in the last week or so. Jamar Loza was recalled by Maidstone and then instantly sent back out to Billericay, and Toby Edser has been recalled by Notts Forest, and now is training with Macclesfield.

They may well be able to replace them with other players of equal quality, but the rumour is that their FA Cup winnings have been squirrelled away for the medium-long term (given the past few years here probably a wise decision!) with minimial funds being immediately available to boost the squad.

They currently have their standout player Max Kretschmar injured as well, with the St. Albans game looking a bit too soon for him. Not huge news, but encouraging nonetheless. We will have a tough game at Bath, but if we can come away with the points and Woking don't manage a win on the road, the table could look a lot more appealing tomorrow evening.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The league won't be won by who wins and who doesn't tomorrow. No point in worrying about Woking do - it will be what we do over the remainder of the season that counts.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

brucie wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 11:57 The league won't be won by who wins and who doesn't tomorrow. No point in worrying about Woking do - it will be what we do over the remainder of the season that counts.

:goodpost:

Halle frickin lujah, somebody else who's not bothered about feckin woking, wonders will never cease
Ferrrr187
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Are Hall

Post by Ferrrr187 »

Great post! I can't see anywhere we he has said the league is going to be won tomorrow or by Woking. Just a great bit information about our nearest rivals! Thanks for the update! :scarf:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Ferrrr187 wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 21:01 Great post! I can't see anywhere we he has said the league is going to be won tomorrow or by Woking. Just a great bit information about our nearest rivals! Thanks for the update! :scarf:
I'll buy into that - informative and well balanced piece :clap:
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

MellowYellow wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 21:10 I'll buy into that - informative and well balanced piece :clap:
+1 as they say on [s]fori[/s] forums.

Chris
Chris
TUST member 479
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We're in what is probably now a two horse race for one automatic spot - whether you have faith in the current squad regardless or not you'd have to be a complete idiot not to recognise the significance of Woking dropping points. Potentially we could win every game until the end of the season and still enter the play-offs, or could also have an average run of form and pip Woking if they have a below average run. In a zero sum game, every Woking loss is as important as a TUFC win, and it could mean the difference between needing 102 points to win the league (the most we can now achieve) or 86 (the amount needed last year to win the NLS).
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

It’s not quite a two horse race now as Bath are only four points behind us, although have played one more game.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

In my opinion for us to get anywhere near the potential 102 points GJ needs to introduce a few fresh faces to the squad. Today Bath were the better team sadly. Hopefully Andrews has learnt a lesson.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The two week break has disrupted the momentum built up which is why he didn't meddle too much with the side in cup games. I'm sure he'll get us back on track and over the next few weeks we'll start to pull away from the others. No need to panic over an away defeat to a decent side like Bath. Perhaps brucie will apologise to arcadia for dismissing his pre match prediction which comes off watching nearly every game instead of passing off armchair analysis like the aforementioned brucie.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

I would agree with that. We win 5 games in 2 weeks and then a two week break which didn't seem to do us any good at all. Several players off the pace. Sadly Andrews cost us that game in the end though
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

It's possible today's defeat is a blessing in disguise. The stupid over optimism by many and not just Brucie can't turn our team into 11 mature and seasoned performers. Our side are youngsters who can play some real great stuff but also can show their inexperience and with some their lack of maturity. Best we show that now than in the final games. It has been tricky for GJ to risk team spirit by bringing in newcomers while we have been on such a winning run. Now I am sure he knows what he has to do while the options are at their greatest. No doubt the players will know why as well.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Arcadia has been saying that every team is going to beat us, whether its Truro, Winchester or whoever.

His "prediction" doesn't mean bugger all - he actually seems quite pleased that Bath won and predictably reckons that they were the better side.

However Bath fans on their forum reckoned they were lucky to win and had Andrews not acted like a complete arse we would have won again comfortably.

Shit happens we were bound to lose sooner or later. Can't really disagree with Dazza at all - we have a very young team and it seems that we shot ourselves in the foot today.

Its not optimism - I though we would win today because I think we are a better side than them.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Can't see why this is a two-horse race. If we had started the game in third and played the top team at Plainmoor, coming from behind to win late in the game, we would believe we were in with a good shout too.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Yes you would but having seen Bath, I don't think they will be challenging for top spot at the end.
TUST number 080