Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As Bath hardly get any supporters there its highly unlikely there are going to be queues at the home turnstiles.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

brucie wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 15:46 As Bath hardly get any supporters there its highly unlikely there are going to be queues at the home turnstiles.
That is a bit harsh. A lot of clubs in this league would bite your hand off for the 910 average Bath are getting.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Their crowds are gradually increasing and nice too as they seem to be doing well of late. With City away that day bound to be plenty going along to see how the loanees are doing.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

A nice interview with Jerry Gill on YouTube calling on Bath City fans to turn out in numbers to match the huge following the Gulls will bring with them. I think the atmosphere will be a bit special. Both sides played open attacking football at Plainmoor and both sides have improved a lot since then.Could be a corker.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I wonder what happens tomorrow when all of our allocation sells out? They should give us some more so we can have more Torquay fans together, else it could be some of us in the home end I presume?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Launceston Gull wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 20:01 A nice interview with Jerry Gill on YouTube calling on Bath City fans to turn out in numbers to match the huge following the Gulls will bring with them. I think the atmosphere will be a bit special. Both sides played open attacking football at Plainmoor and both sides have improved a lot since then.Could be a corker.
Agree.....this has that feel could be talked about for years ......v Crewe 87 ....v wolves 1989 ...v Blackpool 1991 ...v Southend 2003....
I know nothing been lost or won on this game but after this amazing run it just has some sort of watershed moment feel to it ... for a away game it feels like the club's support has risen from the ashes. All be it good gates recently at home but people travelling from all over for this.

Hoping to make it myself and if i can still get a ticket will know by tomorrow lunchtime.
Would be great to see meet some of the folk again from on here at bath but be that many be difficult
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Bath have a wide area to draw on supporters and the usual was about 800 when I was there I think the crowd could be around 2,000 as they are going well as well. I'm meeting a mate from 20 years ago and he's told me he's got no hair. I'm glad that he won't read this.
I've got my tickets and am I'm on the coach. It's nice to enjoy football again I've gone quite a few years wondering what I was doing
watching Torquay but it's been well worth waiting for as for the first time we've had a good manager, that's why I don't bother to come on the forum so much. :keepie:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The 910 average was swelled by away support in matches against WSM and Chippenham - in fact the Chippenham game saw 1700 and consisted of an extremely large away contingent.

Take those two games out and Bath are lucky if the attract 750.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

brucie wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 22:21 The 910 average was swelled by away support in matches against WSM and Chippenham - in fact the Chippenham game saw 1700 and consisted of an extremely large away contingent.

Take those two games out and Bath are lucky if the attract 750.
Chippenham usually get around 500 at home. If all those went to the Bath game that still leaves 1200 home supporters.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

According to Bath o/s, the 1727 on Jan 1 was their highest ever NLS attendance. Do they really know what is in store for them on Saturday?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

grockle wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 03:59 According to Bath o/s, the 1727 on Jan 1 was their highest ever NLS attendance. Do they really know what is in store for them on Saturday?
In a nutshell yes. That's why they made the away end all ticket so as to gauge likely demand. They will also be aware that Torquay supporters will be among the home support. One thing is for sure, they will not be caught out like WSM were.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 20:40 Agree.....this has that feel could be talked about for years ......v Crewe 87 ....v wolves 1989 ...v Blackpool 1991 ...v Southend 2003....
I know nothing been lost or won on this game but after this amazing run it just has some sort of watershed moment feel to it ... for a away game it feels like the club's support has risen from the ashes. All be it good gates recently at home but people travelling from all over for this.

Hoping to make it myself and if i can still get a ticket will know by tomorrow lunchtime.
Would be great to see meet some of the folk again from on here at bath but be that many be difficult
I think Bath will be Yellow for the day! =D
Hope you can make it Andy - as i said just let me know re travelling down with us.
On the plus side, its only 3hrs and not like the 4 1/2 it is to the home games! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

The Bath Trust have been in touch with TUST to put people straight on the current capacity at Twerton Park.It's actually around 3,500 currently and no more tickets will be made available to us once our allocations been sold.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

Wow! Didn't see that coming. Where did this figure materialise from? 8880 according to their o/s and all the guides I've read.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

The club bar will be open to our fans before and after the match-after,subject to review, depending on how things go during the match.
Those travelling by train are recommended to use City Centre pubs if they don't want to drink at the ground-the pubs near Twerton Park are very small.