Woking v Welling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Teigngull wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 14:11 It's all very well what you say people, but what I am saying is, by having a thread about your closest rival for the title is fine by me in that sense.
But posting Lilly livered things like , their luck has to run out soon & hope they have heavy legs, Is showing weakness we can ill afford, it shows you have doubts the squad are up to the job in hand, show you have confidence in our players, they read these forums too. Get behind them, Be strong in your posts , but even if you are worried why let the opposition know ?
And to say TQ1 may not be even a Torquay fan is ludicrously daft , have you ever thought that he/she may be a fan of Torquay as well ?
and the beer flows again! :whistle:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 21:47 Lucy - why on earth do you want Woking to go up. Teigngull is absolutely right though - why someone going on their forum and saying that we are going to lose soon, because apparently we are not playing well.

Which is quite frankly ludicrous. Be nice if they hadn't won tonight but they did - makes no difference to us though. All we can do is try to win the next game.

Its a piss poor league and nearly all the other teams in it are not much better than useless. If we finish second I'd back us in two home games against anybody anyway.

Obviously Torquay and Woking will NOT win all their remaining games - its football and something is bound to give sooner or later. Identifying this as a game where Woking might slip up is daft as well.

They would reasonably be expected to beat Welling who are not that brilliant anyway and Welling reportedly has something of an injury crisis tonight so the result was predictable.
Two clubs that shouldn’t be in this league brucie. Just glad billericay are out of it
Lucy
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I agree Lucy. It's was a tricky league last year and I still think we were a tad unlucky overall. However the guy at the helm for much of 17-18 was not great and although maybe a reasonable scout got us off to a poor start this year and that could still cost us.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

__quiet__gull wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 16:30 and the beer flows again! :whistle:
Coming from a moron whose favourite player is Tim Sills , agreed an excellent player at conference level but could never replicate it in the football league !
Typical snowflake generation, wouldn't have known a decent Torquay side in their generation,
Just get your homework done sonny.

As for the beer comment, when your old enough to buy a pint with your pocket money get back in touch, until then stick to your Maccy D's milk shakes.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Teigngull wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 19:00 Coming from a moron whose favourite player is Tim Sills , agreed an excellent player at conference level but could never replicate it in the football league !
Typical snowflake generation, wouldn't have known a decent Torquay side in their generation,

As for the beer comment, when your old enough to buy a pint with your pocket money get back in touch, until then stick to your Maccy D's milk shakes.
Ha ha the poster who gets offended by people discussing our title rivals on a football forum (and gets offended by pretty much everything else) calls people snowflakes. Oh the irony
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Teigngull wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 19:00 Coming from a moron whose favourite player is Tim Sills , agreed an excellent player at conference level but could never replicate it in the football league !

Calm down and reach for the Bisoprolol and at least save your coronary for the last match of the season. A & E are overworked already and if you end up there it will be one less poster to take the p*ss out of - only joking ............. ( maybe)
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

I think it's ok to single out Woking as our only opposition and I did follow their game last night. We have to remember that while others flew out the blocks at the beginning of the season we were still doing our shoe laces up so we have been playing catch up since GJ arrived. I thought Woking were ok when I've seen them this year and their FA cup run has proved they are no mugs. I do however believe that we are now a better team than them but we have to understand that they won't lose many games. As I have said in a previous thread all we can do is keep winning games!!!!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I also believe we are a better team.

You can't knock Woking's record but I also think they have had a slice of fortune in a fair few of their games. They fluked a game recently (was it Gloucester or Oxford) when they were losing with two minutes to go and were gifted two goals by the opposition keeper who looked like he had been paid to give Woking the game.

In the their first game against Billericay they won but the opposition had a player sent off in the first half. In the return game they copped the opposition just right when Bilericay had lost half their team the previous week.

Last night they copped Welling who had several injuries but that could quite easily have ended uo a draw by all accounts. That's not to mention the two games against us - cup and league when by all accounts they were lucky in those two as well.

Over the Christmas period they copped a H and R side twice who were a complete disgrace and had been on the piss no doubt - if you don't believe me watch the highlights - Woking were gift wrapped the games.

Of course none of that means they won't win the league but I reckon we are the more impressive side - luck with injuries might play a big part.

To suggest that both teams will win all their remaining games (not counting when we play each other) is quite frankly ludicrous.

The bloke who went on their site arse licking their fans is a disgrace if he is indeed a Torquay supporter.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

This thread has been comedy gold.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Teigngull wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 19:00

In your own words Teign "Bants man, it's only bants".
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 17:16 In your own words Teign "Bants man, it's only bants".
c.f.

Exactamondo my dear x
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Kernowgull wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 19:30 Ha ha the poster who gets offended by people discussing our title rivals on a football forum (and gets offended by pretty much everything else) calls people snowflakes. Oh the irony
..... :scarf: :na:

snowflake fan who has been to every home and away game this season :scarf:
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 19:51 Calm down and reach for the Bisoprolol and at least save your coronary for the last match of the season. A & E are overworked already and if you end up there it will be one less poster to take the p*ss out of - only joking ............. ( maybe)
:rofl:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Every home & away game you say !
Aren't you lucky to have your financial situation,
oh well back to working 5 1/2 days a week for me.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Teigngull wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 18:30 Every home & away game you say !
Aren't you lucky to have your financial situation,
oh well back to working 5 1/2 days a week for me.
I am sure us going to there place and spanking them will do us no harm...