Woking v Welling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 19:23
Not quite Lucy, Woking have 3 games in hand, but draw or lose, would certainly heap the pressure on Woking, as we have the better goal difference, they would have to win their other two games in hand should they slip up tonight.
I presuming we beat them at Woking if they fail to win one of there games in hand. But Woking are on fire like us. I just hope both of us go up
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Crying with laughter here :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Never mind Woking 2 up now, going down to wire.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Welling twitter said they had a shot that bobbled across the goal line then cleared and few minutes later the Woking second came from a punt shot that was deflected over the keeper..

Luck can only get you so far! (hopefully)
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Woking 2 -0 up after soaking up a lot of pressure.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Attendance there only 1483!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lucy - why on earth do you want Woking to go up. Teigngull is absolutely right though - why someone going on their forum and saying that we are going to lose soon, because apparently we are not playing well.

Which is quite frankly ludicrous. Be nice if they hadn't won tonight but they did - makes no difference to us though. All we can do is try to win the next game.

Its a piss poor league and nearly all the other teams in it are not much better than useless. If we finish second I'd back us in two home games against anybody anyway.

Obviously Torquay and Woking will NOT win all their remaining games - its football and something is bound to give sooner or later. Identifying this as a game where Woking might slip up is daft as well.

They would reasonably be expected to beat Welling who are not that brilliant anyway and Welling reportedly has something of an injury crisis tonight so the result was predictable.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

You have to accept that they are unlikely to lose any of their remaining games from now. We too highly likely to be unbeaten too but the game at home when we gave them a point, should
D have scored 4 or 5 that afternoon.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Still a lot of football to be played yet. Woking don`t have an easy run in. 4 consecutive fixtures from the end of March, Bath City (A) currently 3rd, The Mighty Gulls (H), Chelmsford (A) 4th and Concord (H) 5th. All teams mentioned will likely have a lot to play for. No easy games at that stage of the season. We can only focus on winning our matches and see how it unfolds.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Teigngull wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 20:36 If only you really really knew fellas , 😇
Geoff, is that you?! :whistle:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Maybe de-caffeinated coffee?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Teigngull wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 19:25 THIS IS IN CAPS BECAUSE I NEED TO GET MY POINT ACROSS LOUD & CLEAR.
WHY ARE WE SHOWING WOKING THAT WE'RE AT ALL BOTHERED ABOUT WHAT THEY DO, BY CREATING A THREAD YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT SHOW A WEAKNESS, LET THEM WORRY ABOUT US FFS,
WE'VE GOT SOME UP THEIR ASS PRICK POSTING BY THE NAME OF TQ1 ON THEIR FORUM WISHING THEM ALL THE BEST AND NOT TO WORRY COS WE'LL SLIP UP SOMETIME !!!!!!
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE KNOB.
COULD I SUGGEST THE ADMINISTRATION TEAM ON THIS FORUM WIPES THIS THREAD CLEAN PLEASE, OR ARE YOU ALL PARTY TO THIS NAMBY PAMBY ATTITUDE TOWARDS OUR MAIN RIVALS FOR THE TITLE ?
This is in normal upper and lower case so that the less-angry amongst us can read it without being shouted at. Teigngull, of course we're 'bothered' about what Woking do because the last time I looked at the table they are the only team (at the moment) that can catch us. The majority of us fans can see this and that is why a thread was started about our rivals for the title.

This is a forum which is about opinions. The opinions of Torquay United fans. Your suggestion that Admin 'wipe this thread clean' is laughable. Your anger towards fellow Torquay fans is laughable. Yours is not the only opinion. Yes, of course, you're entitled to air your views - it wouldn't be a 'forum' otherwise but no need to shout. I suppose we can all thank our lucky stars that you're not a moderator on here otherwise all threads would be in caps, all started by you, all moderated by you, and all deleted by you because you don't agree with them.

Lighten up fella. Enjoy the football.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 08:49 This is in normal upper and lower case so that the less-angry amongst us can read it without being shouted at. Teigngull, of course we're 'bothered' about what Woking do because the last time I looked at the table they are the only team (at the moment) that can catch us. The majority of us fans can see this and that is why a thread was started about our rivals for the title.

This is a forum which is about opinions. The opinions of Torquay United fans. Your suggestion that Admin 'wipe this thread clean' is laughable. Your anger towards fellow Torquay fans is laughable. Yours is not the only opinion. Yes, of course, you're entitled to air your views - it wouldn't be a 'forum' otherwise but no need to shout. I suppose we can all thank our lucky stars that you're not a moderator on here otherwise all threads would be in caps, all started by you, all moderated by you, and all deleted by you because you don't agree with them.

:goodpost:

saved me from saying it....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

United62 wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 08:49 This is in normal upper and lower case so that the less-angry amongst us can read it without being shouted at. Teigngull, of course we're 'bothered' about what Woking do because the last time I looked at the table they are the only team (at the moment) that can catch us. The majority of us fans can see this and that is why a thread was started about our rivals for the title.

Be fair to the poor old guy - his piles are obviously playing him up and the strait-jacket is too tight. Surely you realise that he is from a similar 'old school' to the occasional poster known as Merse where one's words need to be CAPITALISED or in bold (or BOTH) to emphasise the superiority of one's views. Let's face it the forum would be impoverished by the absence of Teigngull and his ilk: homophobic and chauvinistic ravings are always much more entertaining than cogently expressed rational thought, n' est-ce pas?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

It's all very well what you say people, but what I am saying is, by having a thread about your closest rival for the title is fine by me in that sense.
But posting Lilly livered things like , their luck has to run out soon & hope they have heavy legs, Is showing weakness we can ill afford, it shows you have doubts the squad are up to the job in hand, show you have confidence in our players, they read these forums too. Get behind them, Be strong in your posts , but even if you are worried why let the opposition know ?
And to say TQ1 may not be even a Torquay fan is ludicrously daft , have you ever thought that he/she may be a fan of Torquay as well ?