A small thought

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

A small thought

Post by Bridportgull »

Iam a bit concerned that Yeovil town must be about to sack there manger Darren Way after a terrible run !!!!
Given GJ great love affair with them twice manager will they try turn him there way .
Of course i really hope not and its a hype question but football has a way of biting back when things are going so well
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

I think that he has already built an infinity with the club thus far and sees us as quite a challenge, what would be the point in going back to Yeovil, 1) could end up getting them relegated 2) could keep them up but I can’t see them getting into league 1 anytime soon...
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Bridportgull »

I agree but football is a funny game look at Sheridan yesterday leaving Carlisle hoping to join his old club chesterfield
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We'll have to deal with an approach at some point so it's up to the club to make sure he's locked down contractually for long enough to finish the job.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Bridportgull »

Hope so Dave haven’t seen a gulls team play with such atacking flair for a long time and I feel can only get better
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

I listened to a podcast recently which touched on this. When Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was first linked to the Man Utd job, a spokesperson for Molde's supporters group said they didn't think he would go, they didn't think he would leave what he was building at Molde for something temporary. And you think, mate it's Manchester United, what's wrong with you? :~D

If an opportunity at a higher level, a better deal in terms of wage or contract length, playing budget, or just a club in a preferable location came along for Gary Johnson. Let's be honest, he will be open minded about going.

No problem with that, he's been great for TUFC. Either way, No need for worrying and letting that spoil the best period since 97/98. :bow:

Johnson Says Bounce Around The Ground!
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Bridportgull »

I agree and it’s hyperthetical just wanted fans views
God iam so pleased he is here it shows what we have been lacking for several years who knows if we had a got him after Martin ling we could be????
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Parkys People wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 22:39 I listened to a podcast recently which touched on this. When Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was first linked to the Man Utd job, a spokesperson for Molde's supporters group said they didn't think he would go, they didn't think he would leave what he was building at Molde for something temporary. And you think, mate it's Manchester United, what's wrong with you? :~D

If an opportunity at a higher level, a better deal in terms of wage or contract length, playing budget, or just a club in a preferable location came along for Gary Johnson. Let's be honest, he will be open minded about going.

No problem with that, he's been great for TUFC. Either way, No need for worrying and letting that spoil the best period since 97/98. :bow:

Johnson Says Bounce Around The Ground!
You honestly think he'd chuck it all in to go back to Yeovil again ?
I don't think he would go be honest, not just yet , you can see he's having so much fun with this club of ours, not yet no..... Pleeeeeeeeeeasse Gary.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

There is always a danger of him taking a job higher up, but I don't think Yeovil would be enough of a lure for him. He's been there and done it with them and historically our club is bigger than Yeovil (more years in the League), plus it is quite conceivable that in 6 months time Yeovil and Torquay could be both in the National League.

He's got the club rocking and Gary must be loving it as much as we are, there's still more in this for TUFC and Gary

:scarf:
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Bridportgull »

👍 👍
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Gary Johson did 3 years at Yeovil and Cheltenham - he's 63 now.
When Yeovil moved him out, they were bottom of league 1. Cheltenham were struggling too.
It would be very surprising if Yeovil came back for him - something went amiss last time.
I've always admired GJ and his approach with the Players and Fans . . .

Just MO but GJ will be enjoying this win % with his support team around him, and as long as TUFC hierarchy let him run the show, I think he'll stay.
And hopefully there won't be a 'fall out' of any kind.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This shouldn't be taken as having a go at the original post. Do we seriously have to go through this every time either one of Johnsons ex-clubs or a club in a decent location for GJ starts to struggle, Jeez if had a £1 for every time someone tells me GJ is going to be the next Plymouth boss, could take the following week off work unpaid.

It is what it is. We all know it, there's a food chain in football, big eats little always has, as pointed out above, a bigger club will come a long at some point in time, and try to tempt our manager away, and if he wants to go, he'll go, no amount of worrying and crying will stop it, so don't, just enjoy what we have right now have ever long it may last.

Also been pointed out above, GJ isn't a young up and coming ambitious manager, who could be more easily tempted by a bigger job whilst his stock is high, he's experienced been there done it, worn the T-shirt, my own opinion is, whilst he has the backi9ng achieve what he came here to do, he'll want to see the project through.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

None of us really know what GJ's key motive in taking on TUFC is except that it is unlikely to be financial. I agree with Forever that his professed interest in the Club as a project is more likely to be the main driver. If this is so we shall keep him until either we achieve league status or the wheels fall off.

I do not expect the latter scenario - he is a proper manager with the full range of skills, contacts and ability to relate equally to players, fans and media - so I have confidence that the future is bright. Indeed, I haven't felt so positive about the playing side of the Club for at least 10 years.

If, however, I am wrong I shall be forever thankful that he restored my interest in TUFC after I had given up hope of ever putting right the damage caused by a succession of failed managerial appointments.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

I don't think we can say historically we are a bigger club than Yeovil anymore. Really hope he stays though.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

GJ loves it at Plainmoor. He loves the challenge and the affinity with the supporters. He is at TQ for the considerable future....his brother too.