Truro City end groundshare and now sold

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

MF68 wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 08:49 I was told on Monday that a lot of the Truro players signed on the pretext that they were going to be playing at Torquay - notably players from this and surrounding areas. I understand their contracts include this.
This has been raised before - notably with Masters himself who labelled the suggestion as 'nonsense' (take what you will from that!)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Seems like they are back at Treyew Road after all!!!! Starting Tuesday ...

http://www.trurocityfc.net/news/breakin ... 82149.html

Good news all round!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 10:17 Seems like they are back at Treyew Road after all!!!! Starting Tuesday ...

http://www.trurocityfc.net/news/breakin ... 82149.html

Good news all round!
Good news although this leaves it open for them to carry on using Plainmoor if they feel like it. There is no definitive 'end' announced in the article. Surely the league will not allow them to pick and choose as they see fit (and with likely pressure from us to rest the pitch)?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Richinns wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 10:21 Good news although this leaves it open for them to carry on using Plainmoor if they feel like it. There is no definitive 'end' announced in the article. Surely the league will not allow them to pick and choose as they see fit (and with likely pressure from us to rest the pitch)?
Highly doubt the National League would allow them to do that .... :rules: Think its fair to say that, having applied to return (and lets face it, it was Peter Masters declared intention to want to do that) and having passed their ground grading inspection presumably ... they must surely be back for good ..... well until next season, anyway! Like we all suggested, think it was simply a case of PM “cashing in” on the bumper NYD gate receipts - cant blame him really, given the dreadful crowds they have been getting up here. It also means that those two postponed games (of which the rearranged game v St. Albans on Tuesday was one) in December should now attract better support back home - so it all makes sense (commercially at least!) really.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well they can share with someone else next season if needed. Hope we have learnt from that
Never worth it for £30,000 or whatever it was
The way Gary Johnson's teams play we need as good a surface as possible
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Suspect they will be seen again at Plainmoor this season?
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Wolborough wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 12:22 Suspect they will be seen again at Plainmoor this season?
Why?
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I'm pleased that our pitch can get a rest and hopefully we can improve it. I'm also happy for their fans to get to watch Truro at their real home and also Woking have a mammoth away trip down there at some point, so hopefully Truro can do us a big favour!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Midlandgull wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 13:00 I'm pleased that our pitch can get a rest and hopefully we can improve it. I'm also happy for their fans to get to watch Truro at their real home and also Woking have a mammoth away trip down there at some point, so hopefully Truro can do us a big favour!
Or will Masters smell another payday at Plainmoor with Gulls fans turning up in numbers to cheer the Cornish squatters on against our promotion rivals?
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Jerry wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 18:47 Or will Masters smell another payday at Plainmoor with Gulls fans turning up in numbers to cheer the Cornish squatters on against our promotion rivals?
Not sure how many of us would pay to go to watch Truro v Woking, definitely more than a usual Truro fixture but it wouldn't be a big pay day in my opinion. More away fans would come if it was at ours, some of season ticket holders (for free), you might get up to 1000 fans, but how many would be paying?

Send them down to Truro!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Midlandgull wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 09:04 Not sure how many of us would pay to go to watch Truro v Woking, definitely more than a usual Truro fixture but it wouldn't be a big pay day in my opinion. More away fans would come if it was at ours, some of season ticket holders (for free), you might get up to 1000 fans, but how many would be paying?

Send them down to Truro!
Pretty sure our season ticket holders don't get into Truro games for free anymore. I certainly had to pay on New Years Day!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Every body had to pay , & as far as I know masters reneged on that deal & £5 Is now the DEAL !!!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

BBC sport report that Peter Masters is in talks with TUFC to formerly end the ground share agreement.
He is quoted as saying .....
" I am currently discussing divorce proceedings with Torquay "
And amongst other quotes he's also mentioned that there would be compensation involved, but hope Torquay will show some mercy as we've " made certain commitments for the whole of THIS SEASON & INDEED NEXT SEASON "
Looks like it could still be while before the carbuncle eventually falls away for good.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

So the end of the ground share is confirmed, Truro`s remaining games this season to be played back at Treyew ( also on Gulls website). I wonder what compensation has been ironed out. Very decent of Masters to wish us success in gaining promotion back to the National League.