Truro City end groundshare and now sold

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Would like a winger in personally, as we play a 442 now but beyond Kalala and Edwards we only have Andrews and Keating (both out of their natural position) to fill there. Without Edwards and Keating tomorrow we have no choice at all, without moving Reid or Janneh out, which is hardly ideal.

On the thread topic, I am at the airport and hopefully will be some soon for Christmas. Am praying the weather and the pitch holds up so that I can take in all the games as planned. Hampton tomorrow then the three at Plainmoor up till NYD. If all 4 go ahead I'll be delighted.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gulliball wrote: 21 Dec 2018, 18:04 Would like a winger in personally, as we play a 442 now but beyond Kalala and Edwards we only have Andrews and Keating (both out of their natural position) to fill there. Without Edwards and Keating tomorrow we have no choice at all, without moving Reid or Janneh out, which is hardly ideal.

On the thread topic,[highlight=yellow] I am at the airport [/highlight]and hopefully will be some soon for Christmas. Am praying the weather and the pitch holds up so that I can take in all the games as planned. Hampton tomorrow then the three at Plainmoor up till NYD. If all 4 go ahead I'll be delighted.
Nice one Chris.
Hope you're not (supposed to be) flying to Gatwick......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

No, I did consider going straight to London, as I did with Wealdstone in October, but fortunately (I hope) I will be Edinburgh to Exeter tonight and then going back up the road tomorrow morning for the game.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Could have flown to Eastleigh and come up with me tomorrow 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Rayzie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by Rayzie »

Good news for the Boxing Day game against Truro. Their game v Wealdstone today at Plainmoor has been postponed. That'll save the pitch being cut up and give our Wednesday game a lot more chance of going ahead
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't think that there is any danger to the Torquay home fixtures being called off as the weather forecast doesn't give much rain. Its a sensible decision which suits all parties - not sure how much they paid a local ref to get it called off though!!
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Not sure that is good news.
If waterlogged now and with rain due most of tomorrow be it light and showers on Monday I'm hoping that conditions will improve..... but. Lets hope so as looking forward to these matches
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Rayzie wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 09:46 Good news for the Boxing Day game against Truro. Their game v Wealdstone today at Plainmoor has been postponed. That'll save the pitch being cut up and give our Wednesday game a lot more chance of going ahead
Like I said, They didn't want to put their BIG PAYDAY at risk, did they ?
Good news for us though.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The Weather Channel gives a good deal of rain for the next 3 days so the Groundstaff will have to use the covers whenever possible to protect the pitch.

Truro game at Plainmoor today the ONLY game off in Nat League South.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Excuse my ignorance but are the pitch covers laid on top of the grass or is it tented as is the case at Wimbledon ?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Judging by the end of yesterday’s game the announcer said Truro’s next game at plainmoor was Tuesday vs St Albans. Seems like Truro won’t be going anywhere e
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Difficult to see how TCFC can justify remaining at Plainmoor. Their original lame excuse for not returning to Treyew Road was they were in a rich vein of form and didnt want to lose momentum, well thats now certainly dead in the water. Also they`ve now had their lucrative New Years Day gate money; so there`s nothing really to keep them here. Its about time they showed their fans some consideration and went back home.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

The national leagues official site,whilst rounding up NY Days games mention the away attendance at plainmoor outnumbered the ' Home' fans by 98% as Truro City fc played at Torquay for ONE LAST TIME !!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

But it also said the attendance was 2760, not 2812. On the round up before Tuesday's game, it even said we were travelling to Truro. More errors than our OS.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

I was told on Monday that a lot of the Truro players signed on the pretext that they were going to be playing at Torquay - notably players from this and surrounding areas. I understand their contracts include this.