Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Rjc70 wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 13:17 Wasn’t aware of problems before, but with an 8840 capacity you’d hope they would try to maximise revenue by giving us a fair chunk of the ground.

I’d agree that 1350 might not be enough this time, if that was the previous allocation, given what we took to Weston a couple of months ago on a Tuesday night.

Have you forgotten about the infamous photo of Pasty throwing a bottle at their fans during an FA Cup game several years ago?

By the way, they were talking rail tickets not entrance tickets 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 15:50

Have you forgotten about the infamous photo of Pasty throwing a bottle at their fans during an FA Cup game several years ago?

By the way, they were talking rail tickets not entrance tickets 😉
Now you mention it, I do. Oh, rail tickets. Of course. Whoops. :)

I do reckon we could easily take more than 1350, though. The combination of a two week break; being hopefully still top; a good opposition and a reasonable journey up from the South West or across from the South East does make it seem very likely.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I estimated 900-1,000 at WSM on a Tuesday night so could well be 1,500 at Twerton Park. Bath are on form so total gate could reach circa 3,000.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Just read on Facebook this game is all ticket for gills fans. What about us exiles?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Forest gull wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 17:14 Just read on Facebook this game is all ticket for gills fans. What about us exiles?

Why are Gillingham playing Bath? ;-)
Dave

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

They might lose a few on the gate with this decision, although it’s not on their own website.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Forest gull wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 17:14 Just read on Facebook this game is all ticket for gills fans. What about us exiles?
I’ve just e-mailed Bath City and will post any reply received here.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Gills fans. Is that Gillingham, Dorset, or Gillingham, Kent?
TUST member 200 ;-)
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Very strange. If you consider to took about 1200 to WSM and now being top I would estimate we could take 1600+. Bath is well placed for exiles form London and the North, plus Worthing!

Further question, how would they stop us getting into the Bath end by paying on the day. Asking of trouble.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Get as many in yellow on the train as you can because at Exeter's the Greeks will be getting on board to Newport
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 18:02 I’ve just e-mailed Bath City and will post any reply received here.
I called Bath City an hour ago and they confirmed that it would be all ticket for away fans, and that they would be sending 1,000 tickets to Torquay. This will be done early next week. I was told that I could pick up tickets from Twerton Park as well, as I only live a few miles away in Bristol, so I would imagine they'll keep quite a few back, perhaps to be sold on the day.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Orange Gull wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 20:04 I called Bath City an hour ago and they confirmed that it would be all ticket for away fans, and that they would be sending 1,000 tickets to Torquay. This will be done early next week. I was told that I could pick up tickets from Twerton Park as well, as I only live a few miles away in Bristol, so I would imagine they'll keep quite a few back, perhaps to be sold on the day.
Sounds like I’ll be able to pick it up on the day then. That’ll be alright.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

All ticket only for away fans seems a bit pointless in a stadium that holds 5,000 more than the likely crowd.
1,000 is well short of demand and selling some on the day is a bit hit & miss for those wanting to travel.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Let's see how tickets sell first. It's close to Xmas and an away game on the back of four home games do money will be an issue for a lot of people.
Dave

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

I think people get put off by having to book in advance. They would have got 1500, but by doing this I doubt they’ll sell 1000 for their open terrace. Up to them if they don’t want the money, I suppose.