Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

portugull wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 22:55 Try Switzerland Orange Gull. Best in the world.
Portugal go Faro to Porto and First Class is affordable.
Yep, Switzerland is the best I've experienced. I lived in the Netherlands for a few years and thought their service was very good, far superior to Belgium.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

portugull wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 16:35 We are the laughing stock of Europe when it comes to trains.
Give me my Car every time
Rant over.
I think you will find it is not only trains that makes us a laughing stock! ;-)
nostalgia
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: John Bond

Post by nostalgia »

Hi All,

Please can we get back to some football chat.
This is like being lectured by Angelina Jolie about the state of the world-however, she has just issued a statement declaring that Torquay United are her bet to win the National league south championship.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

nostalgia wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 13:00

she has just issued a statement declaring that Torquay United are her bet to win the National league south championship.
Better put a fiver on Woking then!!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 23:09 F**k off portugull they haven't got electricity yet.....
Our electricity is generated using energy from the sun....I’ll send you a picture of what the sun looks like, because you sure as hell wouldn’t have seen it living in your grim northern shithole 😉😉

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 14:22 Our electricity is generated using energy from the sun....I’ll send you a picture of what the sun looks like, because you sure as hell wouldn’t have seen it living in your grim northern shithole 😉😉
I knew you'd bite you bloody frog. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Is this an official away day or an unofficial one? lol
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

Post by ministander »

just booked the train, £24 return. thats another 8 of us on it!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i note that exeter are away at newport the same day, could be busy on those trains to and from bristol!
still keeping the faith
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

I have heard quite a few have been getting these tickets, I'm already going by car but can see a very big turnout for this. Easily accessible from here and the London area too plenty will go by car too. A good chance for our northern based fans to get to see us play and not have to go to a Essex or a eastbourne's type place.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What a great game to have next up after Saturday. Even better that we will have had a fortnights rest and will likely have a stronger squad by then.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Whydoibother wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 19:35 I have heard quite a few have been getting these tickets, I'm already going by car but can see a very big turnout.
Shouldn’t think tickets are needed. There is a near 9000 capacity at Twerton Park. That said, I agree, with a two week break and a doable journey, we’ll take a very big following there. Bath are on a very good run of form themselves. Promises to be a good game.

Anyway. Slough first. Hopefully it will be a good two week break on the back of 10 straight League wins!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I think Bath's away terrace holds about 1,000 plus they allocated about 350 away seats if the match is segregated. I wonder if this will be enough for us?

If it isn't segregated there will be plenty of room as the ground capacity is around 8,000 and Bath are averaging about 1,000. There were 1,700+ for local derby with Chippenham yesterday and no doubt their home support will be above average to watch Torquay.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

After the problems when we last played them I'm sure it'll be segregated.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Wasn’t aware of problems before, but with an 8840 capacity you’d hope they would try to maximise revenue by giving us a fair chunk of the ground.

I’d agree that 1350 might not be enough this time, if that was the previous allocation, given what we took to Weston a couple of months ago on a Tuesday night.