Torquay United announces board appointments

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

standupsitdown wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 13:22 These our the councillors on the Policy Development & Decision Group....
It is also a public meeting, so anyone may attend. You do not need to give advance notice, just turn up at Torquay Town Hall.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Doesn't this sound like the project Masters is involved in with Truro and the Pirates???

Where need for new facilities is identified they should be provided in appropriate, accessible and well-located sites, preferably co-located with existing and other planned sports facilities. Includes reference to The Willows but also Clennon Valley and Churston.

Watch out for a "combined" bid or one for TUFC which includes Masters on the new Local Board!!
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Personally, I don't have too much of a problem with this MOU. There is only 1 place in Torbay for such a stadium - Clennon Valley - on the site of that useless strip of tarmac they call a velopark. At the same time they could revamp the 1970's leisure centre now coming to the end of its life. Lets hope GI embrace the 'openess' propounded in the MOU, a word they are not familiar with. Let's hope the council inform the public of the various proposals put forward. I would hope that any councillor or council committee seconded to this project are fully compliant with the Nolan Report seeing the problem with freemasonry in the past.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I wouldn't be at all happy with either Clennon Valley or Churston for Osborne to build / not build a stadium. Not in Torquay or walking distance from it as we are now.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

As Southampton Gull says - keep your eyes on the ball.

Also please give up the fantasy of finding somewhere to build a new stadium.
Chris Roberts went through the same process years ago and two sites he had detailed were turned down by the Environment Agency.

Wake up........................it is not going to happen.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Hopefully it will not happen, I am quite happy with the sentiments expressed by Standup and MF68. I like Plainmoor, easily my preferred option.