Boreham Wood v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Boreham Wood (Away) FA Trophy 1st Round, 15 Dec 2018

Post by dennisk »

Away to Boreham Wood for the next round. 15th December, 1500. They beat us comfortably (twice) last year. This year it will be different, tough, but winnable?
I expect a good 'Yellow Army' following, that might outnumber the locals! :scarf:
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

That is a crap draw - not only because it's against Borehamwood but the fact I'll be in Devon that weekend.... F**king FA, can't do anything right!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

No need to feel sorry for us Gary (Herald Express)
Never mind the FAT just get us promoted as champions or through the play offs and we will
all be happy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

desperado wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 17:14 No need to feel sorry for us Gary (Herald Express)
Never mind the FAT just get us promoted as champions or through the play offs and we will
all be happy
Well said, at least we are away one less match on the plainmoor pitch, I see Truro are drawn at home..ffs
Lucy
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by dennisk »

407 was the attendance tonight for Boreham Wood 0 : Dover 1
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dennisk wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 22:02 407 was the attendance tonight for Boreham Wood 0 : Dover 1
Massive Crowd.
Did they have to delay the kick-off?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by dennisk »

Extra time and penalties agreed by both parties for this tie. No more penalty shoot outs please, let's win in 90mins.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Is the game playing at 3:00 p.m. or 19:45 p.m.?

The official website shows 19:45 and the BW web site shows 3:00 !

I know it is only the FA Trophy but...….
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I think Mr Edwards GM at Plainmoor needs to take a good look at the Official Website.
It is a farce!!
Boreham Wood says 07.45pm in the heading and 19.45 lower down.
Both may be incorrect if it is 3pm.
The Results section misses out altogether 2 games we have played including WSM Away.
The site has not been updated all week. I should know the new Jason Banton loan has been the lead story all week!
Come on Mr. Edwards not good enough.
stargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by stargull »

Borehamwood site says 3pm, which makes more sense.

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/

(Sorry, Gloomy Gull - just seen that you said that in your first post! It's got to be 3 I reckon)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Yesterday Boreham Wood beat Leyton Orient 1-0 and will be a real test for United next Saturday.
I really do not care about the FA Trophy but you can bet that Gary Johnson will want to win.
He has an opportunity to get some important game time in for Ryan Dickson and Asa Hall ahead of the busy Christmas/New Year programme when United play 5 games in 15 days 4 of them at Home.
The away game on 22nd Dec is at out of form Hampton & Richmond who won at Plainmoor in August by 2 goals to nil.
Boreham do not score many goals so it could be a very tight match. United to win on Penalties.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Not so for this match, but further progress in this competition leads to Saturday League fixtures being postponed. I hope it can be agreed with Boreham Wood that it is decided on the day. Has it?

It’s a squad game. I’d have Essuman and Sendles-White as the centre back pairing, not risking our settled central two and getting them both game time. Both Hall and Dickson starting. Possibly Dickson at left back to protect ever present Davis. Hall replacing the January departee, Lemonheigh-Evans, in the middle of the park.

If fit, Opi could do with half an hour or so. If deemed ready to start, he should start. I don’t think Williams is likely to start in a month of Sundays and I’d be up for keeping the strikers on their current roll, but if Williams is to have any future part to play, I’d think the Manager would want to see at least half an hour or so of him at Boreham Wood. Which, to my mind, will possibly mean he may not get on the pitch.

I’d also like to see any of those sides we might play on future Saturdays which clash with the next rounds of the Trophy knocked out before their scheduled League fixture with us so that, if we don’t win next week, we don’t also have to suffer any postponements owing to the opposition still being in the Trophy.

I don’t expect GJ or many others to see matters similarly, but I really hope certain members of the squad get some much needed game time next Saturday. Bass will start.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Rjc70 wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 23:01 Not so for this match, but further progress in this competition leads to Saturday League fixtures being postponed. I hope it can be agreed with Boreham Wood that it is decided on the day. Has it?
According to the os on 29/11, it has already been agreed to go to extra time /penalties, if required.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

grockle wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 23:11 According to the os on 29/11, it has already been agreed to go to extra time /penalties, if required.
Cheers. That’s good.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Next round date, 12/01/19, we are due to play Hemel Hempstead. They have quite a tricky tie against Eastleigh. 3rd round date, 2/02/19, East Thurrock, who are already out. 4th round date,23/02/19, Dulwich. They have a tie at Wingate & Finchley, but there are 2 other rounds for them to negotiate before they are due play us. Semi final dates are against teams already out, Dartford, and Concord.