Truro City end groundshare and now sold

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Well it now seems you are allowed to pick & choose where you hold your home games now, followings announcement from Truro. !
You couldn't make it up could you .
What a feckin embarrassment the whole situation is.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by dennisk »

Teigngull wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 21:44 Well it now seems you are allowed to pick & choose where you hold your home games now, followings announcement from Truro. !
You couldn't make it up could you .
What a feckin embarrassment the whole situation is.
It's crazy. If Truro are getting gates of less than a hundred, why not play on Goodrington Beach, plenty of huts for the 20 or so supporters to make tea at half-time. LOL :lol:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Tufc1 wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 21:08 Lucy can I ask when was the last time you saw the pitch at plainmoor.
How can you complain or comment on something you have not seen?
Before you start pointing the finger at fellow posters about “seeing the pitch” perhaps.......
1. You should look at where they live - and
2. Maybe you should look at previous threads.

(You will find that Lucy was actually at plainmoor very recently.)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Tufc1 wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 21:08 Lucy can I ask when was the last time you saw the pitch at plainmoor.
How can you complain or comment on something you have not seen?
Because I can. I travelled 12 hours return to watch one of the best matches I've seen in years against concord rangers. The pitch though superb against other pitches I have seen away this season, Gloucester/Wealdstone, I won't add Oxford city as that was artificial, was looking lumpy and the goal mouth areas are suffering severely . My point which had a hint of sarcasm which you may have misinterpreted was that come NYD we will have a pitch similar to the Gloucester's because it will be wrecked as such, and Truro will leave to play on there untouched pitch.
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 23:24 Before you start pointing the finger at fellow posters about “seeing the pitch” perhaps.......
1. You should look at where they live - and
2. Maybe you should look at previous threads.

(You will find that Lucy was actually at plainmoor very recently.)
:clap:
Lucy
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

At least the pitch will get a 2 week rest now with Truro's FAT game being at Truro, if they win 8-0 will they say they are starting s purple patch and stay there ? Bloody well hope so.With the amount of rain this week and still forecast, shame they can't get Truro's 'home' game on Saturday called off. No matter how improved the drainage is now the top surface is still going to get an awful battering. I don't know what Tootings pitch is like but with Dulwich at home tonight and more rain Saturday may be in doubt ?
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by dennisk »

It has rained very heavily in the South East, but Tooting's pitch should be fine, unless there is a monsoon like rainstorm overnight before the match.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Truro's game called off at Plainmoor today. Hopefully it will be rearranged for when they are back in Cornwall!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Midlandgull wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 09:21 Truro's game called off at Plainmoor today. Hopefully it will be rearranged for when they are back in Cornwall!
Certainly best for all that it is.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Called off early to stop the Truro fan from travelling up.
TUFCPete
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Liam davies

Post by TUFCPete »

if They are still ground sharing with us when we play them away will we go in the away end?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

I notice with interest that truck's game on Saturday v Wealdstone, according to their official site (which is worse than ours ha ha !!!) Is still subject to confirmation of venue !
How is this so ?
What about Wealdstones travel arrangements ? Is it ' Get yourselves to Exeter on Fri night & await further instructions- ?
This Is a joke. So bloody unprofessional.
Bristow, Edwards, Phillips, Hargreaves, Nichokson, Owers, Harrop, Uncle Clarke & many more, hang your heads in shame for allowing this once great club of ours to suffer the ignominy of regionalised non league football.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 17:22 I notice with interest that truck's game on Saturday v Wealdstone, according to their official site (which is worse than ours ha ha !!!) Is still subject to confirmation of venue !
How is this so ?
What about Wealdstones travel arrangements ? Is it ' Get yourselves to Exeter on Fri night & await further instructions- ?
This Is a joke. So bloody unprofessional.
Bristow, Edwards, Phillips, Hargreaves, Nichokson, Owers, Harrop, Uncle Clarke & many more, hang your heads in shame for allowing this once great club of ours to suffer the ignominy of regionalised non league football.
Not sure where you are getting this impression from to be honest. The Truro v Wealdstone game will be played at Plainmoor along with our “away” game against them on NYD. Only after then might a return to Treyew Road be instigated. The Trophy game v WSM was only able to be switched back there because understandably that competition (given the lower levels of club that are involved) is subject to lower standards of ground grading.

Given that their Official website currently - as their latest news - has details of how you can book your place on the Supporters coach for Saturday’s game at Plainmoor, I cant see where the confusion lies? I do agree though that if there was still any uncertainty that would indeed be totally unacceptable for the travelling fans.

That said, how our pitch is coping with all the rain it has had, particularly bad on Saturday and again today down here is another matter and you wouldn’t totally rule out the game not going ahead at this stage.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Cp.
I was looking under fixtures & results on their web site where it quite categoricaly states VENUE YET TO BE CONFIRMED !