Dulwich Hamlet

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Hi rebelpaws!

Don't get me wrong; I love coming to Hamlet; it's a proper football club with a great management and team. I have happy memories of falling asleep in one of those big leather sofas in the club house after arriving early for a midweek (colouring book free) game and being woken up by your lovely physio Toni who (checking that I was alright) then brought me a cup of tea. We curmudgeonly old duffers do tend to do that and I was told you once had an old guy die in one of those sofas and with nobody taking much notice of him was found there still in restful peace at the next home game! :whistle:

I really did get asked to give up my young son's seat by a hobby horse (it wasn't a rocking horse) mum who suggested we both sat with our kids on our laps...no feckin' chance. I told her if she wanted a seat that bad she should get there early as we did and that was that. I didn't see anyone else giving up their seat to her so I can't be that much of an odd ball.

Still hoping you remain at Imperial Fields for this one because (quite frankly) a game attracting a sizeable away following should never be used as a first time experience for your team of volunteers ~ you'd be much better advised to use a following like the Concord Rangers Eleven to do that!

By the way; your crowd control for a big attendance when you played Hendon in last season's play-off final was so poor that around a thousand plus were allowed to trample all over the playing surface in order to change ends at half-time. Behave like that if you play at Champion Hill next week and your new pitch won't last five minutes!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

rebelpaws wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 14:09 Afternoon, Dulwich fan in peace here:

Anyway, to the bloke who has a fear of rocking horses (yep it is actually a thing - I have just googled it) I have been going to CH regularly for several years and I have yet to encounter a child armed with a rocking horse. I cannot guarantee some children will not be brandishing colouring books as some sneak through the bag searches for such offensive items.
Great post, Rebelpaws - funniest post on here for ages. I'm still laughing. You must come on here more often! I'm in love with Dulwich Hamlet FC already! Good luck for the rest of the season. After Dec 1st, that is. :-D
rebelpaws
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Ash Carew!

Post by rebelpaws »

Thanks tomo :)

All taken in the spirit I am sure it was intended merse btpir my Avian friend :)

Anyway, good news for you. Our game will be at Tooting and we will be returning on the 26th December (or on the 15th depending on cup results)

So:

Parking: we have a large car park but it will get full

Rail: Mitcham Junction then change for one stop on the tram link
East or West Croydon: Get Tramlink to Mitcham Junction (about half an hour)
Wimbledon: Get Tramlink five or six stops to Mitcham Tram Stop. Turn left and walk five mins
Tube: Morden - Get 201 bus from Morden Station to Mitcham Tram Stop (about 15 mins)

Pubs: Ganleys (Opposite Morden Station) Big old stylie Irish boozer with about 15 screen of sport and good food
Sports bar (just outside the stadium) Great for a drink before you go in. decent bar prices. We have an inside bar as well but this is sometimes out of order due to wedding receptions etc so if that is the case we will be providing an alternate bar.

We also have a creche upstairs for the Torquay wayward yoof, don't make us use it!

It does not appear to be segregated.

Club statement here. sensible decision
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichha ... 22IvNYN47E
Last edited by rebelpaws on 23 Nov 2018, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Great, thank you for everything. Hope to be there.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

TUST MEMBER
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

At last we know where the game is being played. If you are going by train, please plan carefully, as there are a number of the 'never ending' engineering works going on all day in Greater London on the day of the match.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Just noticed that Dulwich’ replay with Welling is on Wednesday night, opposed to Tuesday like the rest of the replays.

Surely good news for us as it only gives them two days recovery time! Because it’s a replay, does anyone know if this has to go to extra time and pens if it ends in a draw after 90 minutes, or is this decision made by the two clubs? Could be better still if it does finish as a draw!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

tufc si wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 13:06 Just noticed that Dulwich’ replay with Welling is on Wednesday night, opposed to Tuesday like the rest of the replays.

Surely good news for us as it only gives them two days recovery time! Because it’s a replay, does anyone know if this has to go to extra time and pens if it ends in a draw after 90 minutes, or is this decision made by the two clubs? Could be better still if it does finish as a draw!
As a replay, it has to finish on the night. So extra time and penalties is possible.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Good news indeed that they have to play Wednesday!

Really looking forward to this fixture, my first away of the season now that the games are all in the south!

How many do you think will be there supporting Torquay? The numbers have looked good for our away support so far, so hoping for more good numbers!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

The club stated that if the match was to be played at Dulwich, it would be restricted to 450 all ticket for TUFC fans. As at Tooting, unrestricted numbers. I would therefore think that TUFC are expecting 500+ to make the trip.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

500+ sounds fantastic! Absolutely buzzing for it. Away days have been good in terms of atmosphere despite the rubbish on the pitch in recent years, now with the new feel good factor and style of play, it's going to be rocking I think! Roll on Saturday!!!
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

I'm travelling up and now looking forward to it more as if it had been first game back "home" could have had unforseen problems. It won't be over 500 but should be 400+. Haven't been before so no idea on how big the bar is there , if too small what pubs nearby?
rebelpaws
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Ash Carew!

Post by rebelpaws »

We have two bars. One outside the ground and one in the ground. Sometimes the inside bar is used for weddings or as in the case last week, a party for a large number of horny middle aged women. If the inside bar is closed we will make alternative arrangements outdoors.

I will find out if that is the case later in the week and let you know. Pubs are a bit sparse but Ganley's Irish Bar in Morden is a decent boozer.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

I have just checked at trams should be running from Wimbledon Station to Mitcham Junction, (near to ground). There may be delays via Clapham Junction, however.
TootingAndy
Trialist
Trialist

Post by TootingAndy »

There are two bars at the ground. The Sports Bar, by the players entrance is always open. There is Real Ale and a big screen with Sky Sports & BT Sports showing the live games. The function room, that is used by most Dulwich fans on a matchday (all are welcome though), will be open on Saturday. You can take beer into the ground.
If you are coming by tram, get off at Mitcham, which is only a few minutes walk, not Mitcham Junction.
Any questions please post them here.