Dulwich Hamlet

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 11:53 I totally agree. I think most Forum users are fair minded and will distance themselves from Merse's bile which surely is a strong contender for the most pointless and ridiculous posting of the year. Mums and Dads take their children to a football match with colouring books etc. So what? How can they be described as (quote) "not being proper fans?"
What I said was that 'I'm very familiar with Hamlet and always enjoy going to watch them; the only annoying aspect are the amount of ruddy hipster types who have attached themselves to them; them and their ruddy wives and kids! It seems there are a degree of them who aren't allowed to go to matches unless they drag them along hence the attendances at evening games are much lower but with a much better, more normal sort of crowd'

Have you taken that on board? I said I enjoy going save for one annoying aspect...ye Gods; are people not allowed to speak their mind and speak as they find in the quest to be universally liked and lauded?

Is that bile? You live in a closeted world if it is to you and like the touchy Doris on twitter you put your own interpretation on what is written instead of acknowledging what is actually written.

I have not said wives and kids should be 'banned'; not at all ~ I take my own and other kids to Hamlet but do not inflict their presence in an annoying manner on people wanting to watch the match. I have not derided Dulwich Hamlet as a football club; they are an outstanding football club with excellent team management and players producing a style of football which is easy on the eye which is a rare thing in this league.

I'll give you this tip if the game is at Champion Hill and you are going...get there early; get your place and enjoy the match because unless you get to the front, you'll not see very much. Better still go in the seats; so get there even earlier and bag yourself one.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

grockle wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 12:33 All I wanted to know was where the match is being played!!
Did you find out? :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Available to read on twitter tonight:
Anyone seen any confirmation whether
@TUFC1899
game against
@DulwichHamletFC
will be at Champion Hill or Tooting? Be nice for fans to know only 10 days before it takes place, even if they are only a few miles apart. The crowd might be very different from one to the other!!

Replying to
@capitalgull
and
@TUFC1899
We're waiting on some last bits to be confirmed our end, should be able to announce in the next day or so. Thanks for your patience!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 12:52 What I said was that 'I'm very familiar with Hamlet and always enjoy going to watch them; the only annoying aspect are the amount of ruddy hipster types who have attached themselves to them; them and their ruddy wives and kids! It seems there are a degree of them who aren't allowed to go to matches unless they drag them along hence the attendances at evening games are much lower but with a much better, more normal sort of crowd'

Have you taken that on board? I said I enjoy going save for one annoying aspect...ye Gods; are people not allowed to speak their mind and speak as they find in the quest to be universally liked and lauded?

Is that bile? You live in a closeted world if it is to you and like the touchy Doris on twitter you put your own interpretation on what is written instead of acknowledging what is actually written.

I have not said wives and kids should be 'banned'; not at all ~ I take my own and other kids to Hamlet but do not inflict their presence in an annoying manner on people wanting to watch the match. I have not derided Dulwich Hamlet as a football club; they are an outstanding football club with excellent team management and players producing a style of football which is easy on the eye which is a rare thing in this league.

I'll give you this tip if the game is at Champion Hill and you are going...get there early; get your place and enjoy the match because unless you get to the front, you'll not see very much. Better still go in the seats; so get there even earlier and bag yourself one.
This is a fans forum Andy, not every dross post has to be a dissertation.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 12:52 What I said was that 'I'm very familiar with Hamlet and always enjoy going to watch them; the only annoying aspect are the amount of ruddy hipster types who have attached themselves to them; them and their ruddy wives and kids! It seems there are a degree of them who aren't allowed to go to matches unless they drag them along hence the attendances at evening games are much lower but with a much better, more normal sort of crowd'

You are very adept at picking out short extracts of what you said. What you also said was "Anyone who carts a rocking horse/colouring books along; a dog or children so young they don't know a football from a carrot is not a proper football fan". It is illogical to say that parents who go to the trouble of getting their kids ready to go to a football match are not "proper fans" when there must be lots of other things they could be doing with the children on a Saturday afternoon. Maybe they actually like watching the "style of football which is easy on the eye"? And what's wrong with "clowns, balloons and a bit of pre-match entertainment for the kids?" If a child sat next to you with a colouring book (quote) "gets on your tits", you must be very thin skinned.

"ye Gods; are people not allowed to speak their mind and speak as they find in the quest to be universally liked and lauded?" Ha, ha - how many members have been banned from your site because they spoke their mind to challenge your intransigent opinions? I am not one of them, I hasten to add.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Let's get one thing straight...

Anyone banned from BTPIR has been removed for breaching the law; the terms of the host provider; or dual registration ~ no-one, but no-one for speaking their mind. People speaking their minds has led to some leaving of their own accord ; that is their choice, it's not been imposed on them.

Don't twist what I describe as being pre-match entertainment or organised family orientated projects such as you see at Plainmoor in your usual endeavour to put your own interpretation on what I have said for no better reason than I have said it so you feel the need to opbject to it. I have never seen any pre-match entertainment, family enterprise or 'fan zone' in any shape or form at Champion Hill; and I have been there many times.

That I have been so often and take my kids and their friends speaks volumes for the enjoyment I get from the football there, even in the most basic of facility...it is simply a very poor ground in common with several others in this level of football. Try taking a rocking horse or a dog into Plainmoor and see how far you get...and no; I have never had a child sat next to me playing with their toys for the simple reason that I refused to give up my kids seats or sit with my daughter on my lap as I have been asked to do when I have taken the trouble to get there early enough to procure my seats.

Have you actually been to a game at Champion Hill? If you take the trouble to go then you'll see for yourself what I am talking about.
Last edited by merse btpir on 21 Nov 2018, 21:52, edited 4 times in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Merse bans people? Whatever next 😀
Dave

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 21:46 Don't twist what I describe as being pre-match entertainment or organised family orientated projects such as you see at Plainmoor in your usual endeavour to put your own interpretation on what I have said for no better reason than I have said it so you feel the need to opbject to it. I have never seen any pre-match entertainment, family enterprise or 'fan zone' in any shape or form at Champion Hill; and I have been there many times.
I'm not twisting your words. What you posted was - "When my kids go to football they go and watch football or at least revel in the environemnt of it all. They don't need to be entertained by clowns, jugglers and **** balloons" which gives the impression - even if not intended - that there was some sort of pre-match (or half time) entertainment at the ground. Anyway, I'm sure everyone else is bored with this thread so I'll shut up now. :-/
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Good idea! :clap:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Why are we talking about clowns again ?
I thought we'd all put the Nicholson v Owers debate to bed once & for all !
Oh well....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Who?
Dave

rebelpaws
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Ash Carew!

Post by rebelpaws »

Afternoon, Dulwich fan in peace here:

The club have said that a return to Champion Hill (or not) will be announced before the end of the week. Around 80 volunteers turned up at the club a couple of weekends ago and did a huge amount of work to get the stadium ready for our return. I think it just hinges on a few things that need putting into place now. The pitch did not look too bad considering as we have an awesome groundsman. His turf is grown exactly 1000m above sea level which is then transported to Champion Hill.

Anyway, to the bloke who has a fear of rocking horses (yep it is actually a thing - I have just googled it) I have been going to CH regularly for several years and I have yet to encounter a child armed with a rocking horse. I cannot guarantee some children will not be brandishing colouring books as some sneak through the bag searches for such offensive items.

For those who like blokes with mohicans, we cannot guarantee that our resident fan with a mohican will be there (as he is actually a Maidstone fan and comes and watches us when the Stones are not playing). We also cannot guarantee any blokes with Top Hats since the Jacob Rees Mogg appreciation firm stopped attending after we held a Trade Union day. I have never seen a top hat at Champion Hill since.

You may encounter many wives and kids. They tend to spend their cash with us, and help to fund the playing budget. Eight years ago when we had a wife and kids ban in place, we were getting about 2-300 at games, since the wife and kids ban was lifted (and before we went into exile) we were averaging 1,500 with many of the wives and kids finding activities to entertain themselves with, without the need to employ clowns and such.

On to Hipsters, you might find a few blokes with beards but if you are coming to a game to look for hardcore hipsters you will be sorely disappointed as an actual hipster would not be seen dead at a club as popular as Dulwich Hamlet, preferring to support obscure clubs that no one has ever heard of. Most of them shipped out when the Guardian outed them.

Wives and kids do not materialise so much on weekday matches because some of the kids tend to go to school in the mornings but be warned, some wives come to midweek matches and leave the husband at home with the kids so there may be wives there.

We have a fair few tall fans and because our terracing is not the best, we have asked them all to be shorter this season. If you are a shortarse (like me) and find yourself behind a tall fan, feel free to find a child with a rocking horse to stand on.

Anyway, enough of the above:

If the game is at Dulwich:

Parking: There is a Big Sainsbury's next door. The maximum stay time was three hours before we were exiled so it is possible this has changed since so check the signs on the way in.

Rail: East Dulwich Station five mins walk - Denmark Hill - ten mins walk

Pubs: The East Dulwich Tavern and the Bishop - both are five mins walk from East Dulwich Station. The Fox on the Hill is a Wetherspoons adjacent to Denmark Hill station. Also our club bar will be in action and an outside bar which will be selling cans. I guess this all depends on the segregation situation which as far as I know has not been decided yet. If it is segregated I suspect the can bar will cater for the away fans.

As the club will be running the match day now (as opposed to the owners) it is going to be a bit of a learning curve so do bear with us volunteers as it is likely to be a big crowd - ie get there early - and we will have our work cut out trying to stem the flow of rocking horses being smuggled into the ground as well as providing a great match day for everyone.

Look forward to meeting you all!
Last edited by rebelpaws on 22 Nov 2018, 14:37, edited 4 times in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Welcome to the Happy Forum and many thanks for that great and most helpful response ;-)
Dave

rebelpaws
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Ash Carew!

Post by rebelpaws »

Southampton Gull wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 14:16 Welcome to the Happy Forum and many thanks for that great and most helpful response ;-)
You are welcome my friend :)
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

rebelpaws wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 14:09 Afternoon, Dulwich fan in peace here:

The club have said that a return to Champion Hill (or not) will be announced before the end of the week. Around 80 volunteers turned up at the club a couple of weekends ago and did a huge amount of work to get the stadium ready for our return. I think it just hinges on a few things that need putting into place now. The pitch did not look too bad considering as we have an awesome groundsman. His turf is grown exactly 1000m above sea level which is then transported to Champion Hill.

Anyway, to the bloke who has a fear of rocking horses (yep it is actually a thing - I have just googled it) I have been going to CH regularly for several years and I have yet to encounter a child armed with a rocking horse. I cannot guarantee some children will not be brandishing colouring books as some sneak through the bag searches for such offensive items.

For those who like blokes with mohicans, we cannot guarantee that our resident fan with a mohican will be there (as he is actually a Maidstone fan and comes and watches us when the Stones are not playing). We also cannot guarantee any blokes with Top Hats since the Jacob Rees Mogg appreciation firm stopped attending after we held a Trade Union day. I have never seen a top hat at Champion Hill since.

You may encounter many wives and kids. They tend to spend their cash with us, and help to fund the playing budget. Eight years ago when we had a wife and kids ban in place, we were getting about 2-300 at games, since the wife and kids ban was lifted (and before we went into exile) we were averaging 1,500 with many of the wives and kids finding activities to entertain themselves with, without the need to employ clowns and such.

On to Hipsters, you might find a few blokes with beards but if you are coming to a game to look for hardcore hipsters you will be sorely disappointed as an actual hipster would not be seen dead at a club as popular as Dulwich Hamlet, preferring to support obscure clubs that no one has ever heard of. Most of them shipped out when the Guardian outed them.

Wives and kids do not materialise so much on weekday matches because some of the kids tend to go to school in the mornings but be warned, some wives come to midweek matches and leave the husband at home with the kids so there may be wives there.

We have a fair few tall fans and because our terracing is not the best, we have asked them all to be shorter this season. If you are a shortarse (like me) and find yourself behind a tall fan, feel free to find a child with a rocking horse to stand on.

Anyway, enough of the above:

If the game is at Dulwich:

Parking: There is a Big Sainsbury's next door. The maximum stay time was three hours before we were exiled so it is possible this has changed since so check the signs on the way in.

Rail: East Dulwich Station five mins walk - Denmark Hill - ten mins walk

Pubs: The East Dulwich Tavern and the Bishop - both are five mins walk from East Dulwich Station. The Fox on the Hill is a Wetherspoons adjacent to Denmark Hill station. Also our club bar will be in action and an outside bar which will be selling cans. I guess this all depends on the segregation situation which as far as I know has not been decided yet. If it is segregated I suspect the can bar will cater for the away fans.

As the club will be running the match day now (as opposed to the owners) it is going to be a bit of a learning curve so do bear with us volunteers as it is likely to be a big crowd - ie get there early - and we will have our work cut out trying to stem the flow of rocking horses being smuggled into the ground as well as providing a great match day for everyone.

Look forward to meeting you all!
Oh the banter...... :goodpost: :)