Torquayunited v Woking Fa Cup 1st round 10/11/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Having watched the Woking YouTube video it is clear that we are and were the better side which bodes well for the future, still feel as robbed as I did at full time. Also watched the post match interview with their manager but couldn’t understand a word he said!
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

notnow wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 13:29 Having watched the Woking YouTube video it is clear that we are and were the better side which bodes well for the future, still feel as robbed as I did at full time. Also watched the post match interview with their manager but couldn’t understand a word he said!
Woking's manager, Mr Dowse (Ex Hampton & Richmond), has the thickest Geordie accent ever. A translator is often needed, its amazing really, because he has lived in the south east for years! Actually a nice guy but he knows, deep down, how fortunate Woking are to the be in the second round! :scarf:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

B349F068-AEA0-40A6-905F-A8FC15BE2F33.jpeg
Looks like a well timed tackle to me.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
charltonlaw
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by charltonlaw »

Woking fan here...

Firstly Lemon - Heigh Evans was the best player on the pitch by a mile

Secondly if what I heard about budgets is true you should be winning the league by miles

Thirdly the game and celebrations. You have won 5 and drawn 2 of the last 7 and an away cup tie against a rejuvenated Torquay was a big challenge- most of us would have been happy with a draw. Alongside that our lads are committed part timers, on far less than you and IMO demonstrated that passion and team spirit are the key to success. hence the celebrations.While Woking have a great cup record ( 2nd round 3 years in a row now and much more before that) our manager has never got to the 1st round before.

Our 3 midfielders were all teenagers (due to injuries) and did brilliantly first half - after that it was guts from all 11. The penalty was debatable but a good number of your fans have said it was justified. Seems to be where you were.

Gerring is a heart on your sleeve type guy - got loads of abuse from locals and into the crowd at the end - take your pick

On money alone you and Billericay should run away with it - we will see, bring it on. We will have you at Kingfield no question - prove us otherwise! COYC

PS Your facebook guys are an embarrassment - another reason why the celebrations!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I don't see what the fuss was about the Woking celebrations. The Woking players celebrated with their own fans; they did not celebrate in front of the popular side as has been said, but in front of the away end. We would expect our own players to do the same given all the whinging on here in the past about players and managers not applauding our spectators in the past.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

What did people think about the crowd? With three Devon home ties in the First round, I'd say all three clubs a bit disappointed with the attendances?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

dennisk wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 11:10 However, I do wish Woking well, in the next round, but they are fortunate not to have come away from Plainmoor - twice - after a good beating/thrashing.
I bear no grudge against Woking. They do seem to be one of our bogey teams (one of many in recent seasons). I think that their fair-minded fans will acknowledge they were lucky to win, just as we have had lucky wins at times. I wish them well in the next round ...... but I won't shed any tears if they are drawn away to the likes of Carlisle, Scunthorpe, Morecambe/ Halifax. Or even Plymouth. ;-)
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Bxm Foxy wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 16:03 What did people think about the crowd? With three Devon home ties in the First round, I'd say all three clubs a bit disappointed with the attendances?
I thought the attendance was pretty good considering it was a tie between two level 5 clubs. When the draw was announced I was disappointed because I hoped for an EFL side as I would suspect many others did. So all in all a good attendance for two sides who have met regularly for the past few seasons.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

charltonlaw wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 14:34 Your facebook guys are an embarrassment - another reason why the celebrations!
Agreed; facebook is for morons...
and as for a lot of our so called fans......five hours since the FA Trophy draw has been made and no-one on here seems to be aware that it has been and the same on TFF.

Of course you know where to find it:
http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... hy-2018-19
http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... way-trophy

We're also naming and shaming the Torquay United fan reported to the Club for racially abusing one of your players on Saturday if you would like to read about it:
http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... cism-again
charltonlaw
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by charltonlaw »

Thank you.. Just goes to show the vast majority of fans who have a lot on common.. And we all have a few idiots
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Just shows the level of interest in the FA Trophy this season. Good one for Neal, cant see many others going. At least Koszela will get a game
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

desperado wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 20:35 Just shows the level of interest in the FA Trophy this season. Good one for Neal, cant see many others going. At least Koszela will get a game
Basingstoke away, should be a good turnout from the yellow army! Won't be easy and would be great to see some of the youth players? COYY :scarf:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

So they got Swindon away , whoopee ,glad wer'e out then
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just watched the recorded highlights of all the F A Cup ties from the weekend on BBC.
Kevin Kilbane 110 Caps for Republic of Ireland and former Premier League player thought it was a Penalty!
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Should go to specsavers then.