Chris Regis - new signing

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yep, present during the best run Owers could muster 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Bloggy wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 13:28 Thanks Richinns
Just Regis and Koszela then.
No news on the trialists either? I'm guessing that Dembele, Roberts, Burton, Tanner and Leitch didn't quite do enough.
Think Regis has got the 20 shirt - not sure if Olaf has a squad number as he was with us before squad numbers were announced but not allocated one.

My impression through speaking to Gary Owers last night is that its unlikely any of those trialists mentioned will be offered deals.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 15:32 Think Regis has got the 20 shirt - not sure if Olaf has a squad number as he was with us before squad numbers were announced but not allocated one.

My impression through speaking to Gary Owers last night is that its unlikely any of those trialists mentioned will be offered deals.
Feel a bit for James Roberts - reports wise he seemed to do ok whilst on trial but I suspect his goalscoring record has not helped him. Hope he gets a club sorted. I guess the two other midfielders were lined up in case the Regis deal fell through (a harsh truth of football is to always have a plan B).

Hopefully the incoming striker deal is completed and he has the ability to put the ball in the net as I think we are short of goals currently.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

The new signing striker will be James Roberts imo, him and a temporary keeper will be about it until loans.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 01:55 Another teams bad apple in this case port vale doesn't necessarily become our bad apple. Christ how many teams signed joey Barton . Give the guy a chance
:goodpost:
Save the negativity for when it really matters eh !
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Joey Barton was a proven Premiership player.

Meanwhile Regis has no record of even playing league football and has been bombed out of both Farnborough and Port Vale for apparently having a bad attitude. Or maybe he just wasn't very good. Either way, if he's on any sort of contract then it's unforgivable. Pay as you play and maybe that will elicit further improvement from the young man in what would appear to be his last chance of being paid to play the game.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Pay as you play at this level????!!!! I've heard it all now. The guy has to make a bloody living!!!

It wasn't that long ago Brett Williams had a shit attitude and was trouble. He's now the captain. He's probably on a six month 'prove yourself ' deal which for a player who has played at L2 level is a no brainer for us.

Nothing to forgive in my eyes
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Maybe not unforgivable Andy. Over our fairly recent history look at the likes of David Graham, Muzzy Carayol, Rene Howe and to an extent Brett Williams to name a few who've come to our club with a suspected bad attitude problem, and been very or relatively successful with our club.

Sometimes being bombed out at an EFL club and landing in the NLS can be the very thing that sorts a player out, it's up to him now, there's no doubting the lads got some talent, so he knuckles down and resurrect his career, or be a lazy **** and career over. Agree with others give the lad a chance and see what he can do for us.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

sgf wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 21:10 Pay as you play at this level????!!!! I've heard it all now. The guy has to make a bloody living!!!

It wasn't that long ago Brett Williams had a shit attitude and was trouble. He's now the captain. He's probably on a six month 'prove yourself ' deal which for a player who has played at L2 level is a no brainer for us.

Nothing to forgive in my eyes
:goodpost: I remember Angus McDonald squaring up with popside fans and many wanted him gone, fast forward a year he was a hero and fast forward another year he is a championship player. It's all about man management.
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

__quiet__gull wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 09:08 Agreed... although he has a career long reputation of being a bad egg... lets hope he takes this 'chance'
If a player changes his attitude it's usually how he is managed. Owers might think he can do this and this might be why he's made our best footballer captain. :-D
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

We have to support any new player who is in the team and I wish him luck.
Basically, if Chris Regis fails at this level his football career is over and he is driving Uber.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

arcadia wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 21:23 If a player changes his attitude it's usually how he is managed. Owers might think he can do this and this might be why he's made our best footballer captain. :-D
Agree and agree... I am really hoping that Brett does well, always been a big fan
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

David Graham was pain in the ass elsewhere. He did alright.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I hope Owers can get him focused - it feels like we have a bit of depth now within most areas of the squad. COYY.
Jamie Ndah Is God
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jamie Ndah

Post by Jamie Ndah Is God »

Has now left the club and joined Wealdstone. Good to free up another space in the squad. Hopefully Banton and Bawling will follow him out the door before long. The Gary Johnson revolution is taking shape.