Torquay Run out -Entrance songs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

RussianGull wrote:Big fan of A Banda
me too ! It would please quite a few of the fans, whilst the rest are divided. Why don't we try it ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
alecalec
New Signing
New Signing

Post by alecalec »

We cant use Harry J and the All Stars - Liquidator - that's Chelsea ( and I think Wolves use it too). But as with Liquidator it does nt have to be inspiring - Liquidator is not exactly a driving, forceful or inspiring piece of music and its very dated. But its Chelsea.If A Banda is Torquay great its got history, its different. Don't think there will ever be a consensus - what about a playlist comprising of a range of music for entrance, half time etc. Liquidator is nt the only song played regularly at Chelsea Blue is the colour is played etc
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Fonda wrote: The problem being, as you point out, it's Chelsea's song.

Some here seem determined that the song should be 'inspiring', and ideally it would be. But I'd argue the players probably aren't relying on the song for inspiration. In fact they probably barely notice it at all. If we're relying on a song to get the players fired up, we are in trouble.

Of primary importance to me is that it's unique, and can be immediately associated with TUFC.
I hear what your saying Fonda. Whatever music is played has to be right. However, the difficulty here is identifying what music is unique.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

A Banda is our song. Tradition counts a lot. You wouldn't hear of Everton scrapping Z Cars, for example, because it "didn't fit the mood".
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We should not be having a song. Any kind of song would be pointless. Only a small number would know the words, and even fewer would be inclined to sing them. And that's not counting those who couldn't stand the song in the first place.

Music only please.

And as for A Banda, no no no no...!!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper

Post by DevonYellow »

Liverpool do something quite interesting where fans vote for a playlist of songs played before kick off and half time each week:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... a-playlist

Incidentally, they also run out to You'll never walk alone their traditional song - which is why Torquay should come out to A Banda.
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Yes - A Banda please. It"s our tradition. You'll Never Walk Alone, Z Cars, Semper Fidelis at Home Park and many other pieces adopted by various clubs have all stood the test of time and if stopped would be met with fans outcry! Let's get our traditional piece back on - great idea.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Being very lazy here,I haven't traveled through the rest of the topic, sorry if it's mentioned before.
Seem to recall the late great Robert Miles' 'Children' being used as the teams lineups were being announced, check it out on YouTube.
Still gives me a warm glow when I hear it, good days..

Edit: Just looked at page 1 and there it is mentioned straight away, oh well let's bring it back
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

A Banda for me, always makes me think of the Pop side, up by the old tea hut. Great days.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper

Post by DevonYellow »

A banda for me. Tradition counts for a lot.

Children still gets played, I'm led to believe, but you have to be in the ground early. I prefer to finish my pint at 14:55 and stroll in then so never hear it.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Teigngull wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 09:40 Being very lazy here,I haven't traveled through the rest of the topic, sorry if it's mentioned before.
Seem to recall the late great Robert Miles' 'Children' being used as the teams lineups were being announced, check it out on YouTube.

Edit: Just looked at page 1 and there it is mentioned straight away, oh well let's bring it back
Children still gets played just before the teams come out, often on a loop if the PA guy starts it too early.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Loved Robert Mles-Children too.
Also Poppiholla by Chicane...
Teigngull wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 09:40 Being very lazy here,I haven't traveled through the rest of the topic, sorry if it's mentioned before.

greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Seem to remember Van McCoy,The Hustle as an entrance theme song.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Why not Be-Bop-A-Lula?
Us old codgers (and there are a lot of us) would love that!