Simonb asks, is orange a fun way to.......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Simonb asks, is orange a fun way to.......

Post by Teigngull »

Simonb on btpir has, this morning mentioned that maybe an orange card could be shown to players who take the p!$s & constantly flout the ' gentlemanly behavior ' aspect of the rule book , & pay a 10 minute spell in the sin bin ( no bin puns or jokes here please Merse ).
I suggest this is worth looking at, for cynical first fouls, time wasting, back chat to referees, feigning injury, simulation, diving, deliberate hand ball amongst other offences, just to keep 11 v 11 for the majority of the game.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Referees in this league can't get throw in's right, heaven knows how they will cope with 3 coloured cards. The easiest solution to time wasting is take your chances and then the opposition won't need to time waste
Lucy
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

It could lead to so many stoppages there'd hardly be any actual tine for live action,just need better quality referees
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It simply would not work, almost impossible to police. How do seperate the player with a dead leg to one feigning injury, what about the player who throws the ball straight out of play like yesterday to waste time from the player who genuinely slipped. How would we have felt if Reid had been sin binned for diving when it appeared to be clear error from the ref, this would create more problems that it would solve. If we want clamp down on time wasting (all teams do it) then instructions need to be issued to refs to show red cards, it would soon stop.
Formerly known as forevertufc
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

As an FA initiative this summer, the sin bin applies to yellow cards shown for dissent and sees players leave the field of play for ten minutes. Over 1000 clubs were contacted and asked whether they would consider being part of the trial so some leagues are using it and some aren't.

The technical term is 'technical dismissal'. Step seven, Sunday League and male and female youth football are trialling it. Clubs are normally charged a £10 fine for each yellow card but the FA are not charging this administration fee for those that participate as an incentive to be pro-active in this experiment but it does only apply to dissent.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Keep to the current format which is to add time on for time wasting. That said I am not against a sin bin, it works well in rugby. It could be a better solution to say two minor offences resulting in a sending off. However, if a team is down to ten men for say 2 x 10 min sin bin's then think of the time wasting that would go on for twenty minutes of that match. It could be a viewing nightmare.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Agree that the sin bin would just cause more time wasting.
A recent rule change in Gaelic football and hurling, which works quite well, allows the ref to give a black card for certain offences, which means the player is sent off but the manager can put on a sub in his place.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 19:09 if a team is down to ten men for say 2 x 10 min sin bin's then think of the time wasting that would go on for twenty minutes of that match. It could be a viewing nightmare.
Exactly as you saw yesterday!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 18:41 some leagues are using it and some aren't.
I've been checking, and my (U10) son's league are using it this season. However, I have not seen it applied once and to be honest; the instances of dissent to the referee from players is virtually non existent in the Watford Friendly League anyway.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I like the idea of the black card. keeping 11 players on each side is preferable.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

grockle wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 20:30 I like the idea of the black card. keeping 11 players on each side is preferable.
I do, but it would get abused. Excuse to put a fourth set of fresh legs on.