Captain Kyle Cameron.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Captain Kyle Cameron.

Post by portugull »

I met Kyle briefly at the Pre- Season event at Plainmoor.

I am delighted GJ has spotted what an intelligent switched on guy he is and a credit to the Club and his profession.

He comes across as personable, articulate and sensible. Very mature for a 21 year old.

Probably our most consistent player and a great signing.

Well done Kyle.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Yep. Install him as Hall’s vice on a permanent basis. He is a solid centre back.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 12:47 I met Kyle briefly at the Pre- Season event at Plainmoor.

I am delighted GJ has spotted what an intelligent switched on guy he is and a credit to the Club and his profession.

He comes across as personable, articulate and sensible. Very mature for a 21 year old.

Probably our most consistent player and a great signing.

Well done Kyle.
Absolutely spot on, Portugull. He comes across as a leader, as does Asa Hall. A good choice as a vice-captain. I'm sure Brett Williams will be part of our promotion push, but I don't see him as having leadership qualities.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Speaking of captains. Tomogull, gateman49, stefano and portugull (among many old codgers) may well agree with me that our best captain ever was John Benson.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 17:10 Speaking of captains. Tomogull, gateman49, stefano and portugull (among many old codgers) may well agree with me that our best captain ever was John Benson.
Gosh, Wivel - I'm struggling to remember previous captains, but I agree that John Benson must be one of the best. He was a winner and led by example. Another contender who springs to mind is John Impey - also a winner and led by example. Lee Mansell was also a good captain.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Had to disagree with you on that wivel.

Incidentally on Wednesday I met Eric Welsh who the old codgers will no doubt remember.

Irish International who played for Exeter City when we were all young men. Lovely fella.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Well done to Gary Owers too.

Kyle Cameron looks like a shrewd signing. I'd never heard of him before!

If the club are able to extend his contract, he's one who fits the category of young, room for improvement, can contribute as a first team regular with us and move on for a profit.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Parkys People wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 17:20 Well done to Gary Owers too.

Kyle Cameron looks like a shrewd signing. I'd never heard of him before!

If the club are able to extend his contract, he's one who fits the category of young, room for improvement, can contribute as a first team regular with us and move on for a profit.
That is the sad thing. Gary Owers did bring in some useful players - Cameron, Hall, Niate, Bass, MacDonald, Andrews & Edwards (loans), Essuman, Dickson. Nabi could also prove to be a useful player. But he just didn't have the ability or drive to organise them into an attacking force as Gary Johnson is doing.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

And we were all saying it from day 1, apart from a few 😀
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Wiki watch it says he’s made 0 appearances for us! If anyone can be bothered can we edit?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Cameron
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Hope Eric is in good health Portugull. Just about the quickest most direct winger I have seen at Plainmoor. Remember a goal he scored on an August evening in a 5-1 win against Tranmere when he absolutely flew down the centre of the pitch. Too quick for his own good sometimes. Steve Morrall was similar.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Eric Welsh - class winger dodgy knees but brilliant crosser - remember many a game in early 1970s in awe of his skills. Seems there are still lots of legends of that era out there to bring together at some stage? Dick Edwards, Jimmy Dunne etc.