CO is confusing me!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

His overall aim has not changed please do not be fooled!!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

What I've never understood in this saga, is the position of Dean Edwards. A contributor above referred to 'being taken for a ride by Dean Edwards', but what did he do? I always thought he was a kind of part-time announcer. Would somebody in the know please explain?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dean Edwards was acting in an act of his own income preservation and conned a group of well-meaning supporters into 'saving' something the 'blessed Bristow' had tired of...

At least half of them bailed out on receiving the due diligence report and half of the remaining rump soon quit having fallen out amongst themselves under the pressure. People (maybe rightly) claim that had they not 'stepped in' the Club would have been lost. Well that would have been Bristow's responsibility as she was the owner and employer of the staff.

Whatever happens to the Club at whatever time is ALWAYS the responsibility of the owner of the time; whether it had been Mike Bateson, the Chris Roberts Consortium, the Alex Rowe led board using the decidedly unbalanced financial underpinning of the Bristow family; the Dave Phillips led board or Clarke Osborne using the auspices of his business empire.

Surely everybody can appreciate that!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

My penny worth on this subject.

The long term sustainability will be decided on who owns it.

If it is us the fans in my opinion we would probably never be a league team again BUT we would be in control, and probably could sustain a team still playing at Plain moor for we'll a long time, probably part time and probably in NLS.

If it's a wealthy individual with lots of money we might become a league club again but we are exposed to the whims, uncertainty of their motivations etc.

I am NOW enjoying this season. Going to WSM tonight and will hopefully enjoy it. Enjoy the rest of this season. Keep an eye on CO and the stadium.

If CO came out and legally and contractually stated that if we moved to a new stadium the rent would be the same as it is now, there WOULD be opportunities for expanding off field financial activities that would go straight to the team it might help alleviate the concerns we have, but he doesnt.
TUST MEMBER
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

See you there Neal