Atmosphere

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chaperone
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin hill

Atmosphere

Post by chaperone »

Good evening all, hope everyone is haveing a lovely evening!

So I am here to ask/suggest/get suggestions to improve the atmosphere at plainmoor, not just plainmoor but on our travels aswell.

Now we are on the up in results wise I can only hope the attendances will improve and so the general atmosphere.

But we want to go one step further, makeing plainmoor where a team doesn't want to come to again, and become a stronger 12th man!

So at the moment we have one drum couple of wavers and couple of flags..

Let the discussions begin!
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Somebody could get a megaphone .... and turn us all into lech poznan fans
chaperone
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin hill

Post by chaperone »

smw89 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 21:48 Somebody could get a megaphone .... and turn us all into lech poznan fans
Brilliant idea!

Get that megaphone and join in!
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Drumming doesn't create an intimidating atmosphere in the slightest, in fact it is a hindrance to creating a proper football atmosphere, the constant banging stifles the chance most of the time for a spontaneous chant to get started, much along the same lines as playing crappy music right up till the second after kick off. Atmosphere used to be allowed to build up as the ground filled up, but now it's just constant noise from the speakers.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 22:03 Drumming doesn't create an intimidating atmosphere in the slightest, in fact it is a hindrance to creating a proper football atmosphere, the constant banging stifles the chance most of the time for a spontaneous chant to get started, much along the same lines as playing crappy music right up till the second after kick off. Atmosphere used to be allowed to build up as the ground filled up, but now it's just constant noise from the speakers.
Have to disagree here, the drumming at Plainmoor when not played has created some great atmospheres recently
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Admiral wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 03:04 Have to disagree here, the drumming at Plainmoor has created some great atmospheres recently
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

I think some drumming is great at Plainmoor, particularly for periods when the crowd gets a bit quiet :clap:

I watch Nakhon Ratchasima in the Thai Premier whenever I can (Swatcats) - the main stand holds about 10,000 and they used to have the drumming section almost in the middle ! Rather wild and crazy with the drums in Thailand :B I was relieved when the drum section was split in 2 and banished to the edge of the area - they were deafening and non-stop :S Tolerable now :)

Usually 3 or 4 drums and dancers too - a crowd of 20 or 30 in each group !
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

I know I will get shot down here, but I'm certain that the atmosphere would improve at Plainmoor If the Popular side had seats put in, and the Ellacombe End go to a terrace.
Baegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Baegull »

I agree with Bxm Foxy.
The shallow pop side is an atmosphere killer as you can not hear the guys in the middle if you are at the ends
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Get to Weston tonight and check out the away support. It's been first class this year (as always), you will then know what atmosphere is. . .
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Agree with foxy and add to that a good atmosphere behind a goal can also put off opposition goalkeepers and defenders. Went to Accrington Stanley once while Mrs was shopping there and the atmosphere behind goal was really good. Our pop side is rather in a neutral area as such
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

GILBERT is the answer and always had been. But we need an insane GILBERT, one who can perform magical tricks - only Onecanlasher could do this. So the current GILBERT needs to review all suggestions made in the past (mainly by me).
I remember a scene at Gay Meadow (Shrewsbury's old ground) where GILBERT flew into the grandstand and began pecking the home support. This would go down a bomb at Plainmoor (pecking the away support, that is) and causing a riot of unparalleled proportions. GILBERT might very well be assassinated, but there are always more, aren't there?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Bxm Foxy wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 08:29 I know I will get shot down here, but I'm certain that the atmosphere would improve at Plainmoor If the Popular side had seats put in, and the Ellacombe End go to a terrace.
There is no reason to shoot you down Bxm, far from it.... I hate my visits to Plainmoor when there is a large away contingent (I know, not very often these days) who, although fewer in numbers than the home support, always seem that extra bit louder. The Pop Side seems to be split into two lots of singers and not always in harmony. Having everyone who wants to sing and make a noise housed in the Ellacombe End would make one helluva difference. Just chuck all the away fans in the seated area of Bristow's Bench and charge them extra for the pleasure (as they do at Dagenham).
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

United62 wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 11:42 There is no reason to shoot you down Bxm, far from it.... I hate my visits to Plainmoor when there is a large away contingent (I know, not very often these days) who, although fewer in numbers than the home support, always seem that extra bit louder. The Pop Side seems to be split into two lots of singers and not always in harmony. Having everyone who wants to sing and make a noise housed in the Ellacombe End would make one helluva difference. Just chuck all the away fans in the seated area of Bristow's Bench and charge them extra for the pleasure (as they do at Dagenham).
The Ellacombe End is where the family stand is, the away end is the Babbacombe End.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

And yet when the home fans have gone into the Babbacombe end you can't heart a peep from them in the Pop!

Just try singing louder instead of using the stand as an excuse, so often I look around and see people barely opening their mouths as they "sing" at Plainmoor. Put some bloody welly into it and we would be a lot louder.

I can remember Mansell saying that the players preferred the pop being the singing area as they could hear noise the whole length of the field rather than just 20 yards from the end of the pitch.

Much more intimidating for opposition players to have to perform in front of the Pop, other than the keeper they can't hear anything when the fans are behind the goal.

We are bloody lucky that we can stand at football whilst also getting a decent view of the action rather than huddled behind one end with no idea what is happening in the other half of the pitch.

As I said above the simple answer is just bloody sing louder ;-)