Wealdstone V Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Wealdstone V Torquay United

Post by dennisk »

There is going to be segregation at this match, which will be tricky. Hopefully, there will plenty of competition for places in the Torquay squad, assuming some of the recent casualties are back in full training. COYY
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

dennisk wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 16:54 There is going to be segregation at this match, which will be tricky. Hopefully, there will plenty of competition for places in the Torquay squad, assuming some of the recent casualties are back in full training. COYY
Thanks goodness its segregated: don't wont to meet up with their ultra's :
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

More than a match for our boys ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

If you think that clip is funny type in "wealdstone raider" - absolutely fantastic !!!!!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, I agree. Funniest thing for ages.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

FFS! don't give this pillock any more publicity. I'm sure the majority of 'Stone's fans cringe with embarrassment at just the thought of him.

Some find him hilarious. I just find him totally irritating.

Anyways, on to more important things, the match. Going to be a very tough game against a strong Wealdstone side who know all about this league and currently sit in a very healthy 4th in the table.

Their home crowds average 900+ so should be a decent atmosphere on Saturday.

If you're driving, this is the information I've found on FootballGroundGuide:

''Car Parking
There are hundreds of field-parking spaces at the ground itself, accessed by the narrow Grosvenor Vale, but if the weather is very wet the club will only open the small hard-standing car park. There is plentiful street parking around the stadium, however, but best to avoid the very narrow Cranley Drive immediately outside the ground. Pavement parking is NOT allowed here.''

Admission is a reasonable £13, Concession £9 and Under 18s £3

So, can we continue our decent run? Well, IMO, this is where we find out how far we have come in the last few months since GJ took over. Wealdstone should not be taken lightly. Their fans are very vociferous and the Yellow Army will need to be at full strength to drown them out!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

United62 wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 12:00 FFS! don't give this pillock any more publicity. I'm sure the majority of 'Stone's fans cringe with embarrassment at just the thought of him.

Some find him hilarious. I just find him totally irritating.

I like him. This video can't have the majority of 'Stones fans cringing. Seems like a decent bloke to me.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He's an idiot.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Gordon's no idiot; he's a nice little guy who had a struggle through life due to his hormone growth deficiency and (as he says) owed a great debt to Great Ormond Street Hospital and had a chance to repay that debt as he saw it.

I'd heard it all got too much for him and had been told he had gone out to Malaga(?) for a bit of respite from it all but whether that was true or not I don't know.

My ever present image of him is the day Calvin was playing on the table football in their club house and challenged him to a game seemingly totally oblivious to the fact that the guy had come dressed in full referee's kit and to go along with Calvin I steadfastly refused to bite and ignored his dress sense.

Just a lovable loon in my view and one of the characters of the non league game and (as he told me) 'you'd never get that up the Arsenal where I always wanted to be as a kid'

No you wouldn't and don't take the piss out of the guy if you see him on Saturday ~ he comes with a minder! :slap:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I agree with Brucie.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I have to admit I'd never heard of this chap - or the 'do you want some' incident before it was posted on this site. It all seems a bit harmless and, to be honest, a bit charming.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

merse btpir wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 17:41 Gordon's no idiot; he's a nice little guy who had a struggle through life due to his hormone growth deficiency and (as he says) owed a great debt to Great Ormond Street Hospital and had a chance to repay that debt as he saw it.

I'd heard it all got too much for him and had been told he had gone out to Malaga(?) for a bit of respite from it all but whether that was true or not I don't know.

My ever present image of him is the day Calvin was playing on the table football in their club house and challenged him to a game seemingly totally oblivious to the fact that the guy had come dressed in full referee's kit and to go along with Calvin I steadfastly refused to bite and ignored his dress sense.

Just a lovable loon in my view and one of the characters of the non league game and (as he told me) 'you'd never get that up the Arsenal where I always wanted to be as a kid'

No you wouldn't and don't take the piss out of the guy if you see him on Saturday ~ he comes with a minder! :slap:
I can’t think of a time that I have agreed with you on anything at all. However having watched various clips of this chap I have to say he seems a sweet old chap who loves his club and has a real heart of gold.
I still obvious he has a few issues and if his club s is his life then bloody good luck to him I say !
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

A win takes us into play offsNd leapfrog our opponents Wealdstone
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

From what I know he did not seek the publicity but was eventually cajoled by the Wealdstone Chairman to partake. He agreed on the basis that 100% of monies gained would go to charity. Many might think him an idiot for not taking a cut of the financial gain - running into thousands - from social events,media interviews and a hit single, but in my books that makes him a honest decent bloke. The fame was easy to acquire but the impact on him was much more difficult to handle.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Left Edinburgh at 9pm last night on the overnight coach to London. Been here since 6.30am. Meeting a friend at 11.30 and my parents who are driving up at about 12.30, but never has 3pm seemed quite so late before...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats