Kalvin Lumbombo-Kalala signs!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Kalvin Lumbombo-Kalala signs!

Post by Bristol_Gull »

tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

A player with another magnificent name joins our beloved TUFC !! We
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

It reminds me of my glory days on Championship Manager - it was always my aim to bring a selection of quality names to TUFC!

On a serious note I wonder what this means for our front line? Who will make room?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 18:14 It reminds me of my glory days on Championship Manager - it was always my aim to bring a selection of quality names to TUFC!

On a serious note I wonder what this means for our front line? Who will make room?
One of Banton or Wright to miss out from the bench again of the 17 available.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

More to the point who will take Lemonheigh-Evans' place in the Torquay midfield tomorrow? Has Chris Regis definitely left the club? He would be the obvious short-term replacement.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Two footed gifted player with silky skills. Spotted by our new Head of Recruitment Pete Johnson last May at the UK trials and subsequently signed by Gary. I am in Eastbourne right now staying with an old friend an looking forward to seeing Kalvin Kalala at Priory Lane tomorrow.

Link to the UK trials that led to Kalala being spotted.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

budegull1954 wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 18:53 More to the point who will take Lemonheigh-Evans' place in the Torquay midfield tomorrow?
Essuman, I would think.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That video looks like someone has introduced mbappe to play against an under 9's team. No wonder Johnson signed him.

On that showing looks a useful signing.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

A creative midfield (?) player who needs games, I am sure he will an asset to the team.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 18:54 Two footed gifted player with silky skills. Spotted by our new Head of Recruitment Pete Johnson last May at the UK trials and subsequently signed by Gary. I am in Eastbourne right now staying with an old friend an looking forward to seeing Kalvin Kalala at Priory Lane tomorrow.

Link to the UK trials that led to Kalala being spotted.
Wow. He looks like Messi with that lot.

He jogs faster than most people sprint, has skills to boot and seems to keep everything really simple. His through balls weren't great but I'm sure the coaches would work on that.

I was going to suggest we sign the big guy up front but he was totally useless. Missed an absolute sitter.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Really encouraging signing. Particularly the fact that he’s coming for Gary! Having a real manager makes such a difference!

Here’s what my Cheltenham fan mate, who really knows his stuff, says “he was just another one of Johnson's awful signings towards the end when he had clearly run out of ideas. I recall him being quite pacey and direct but he was easily found out at league two level”
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

I have a friend who is also a CTFC supporter and he believes KK will prove a good sigining and has potential to play at higher levels. Will be interesting to see how things go today?
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I'm sure it's already been mentioned somewhere, but GJ has a knack of discovering raw players and moving them on higher up. Signed Kieffer Moore from Dorchester when he was at Yeovil, and also Mohamed Eisa from Greenwich Borough to Cheltenham (now moved to Bristol City). Let's hope Kalvin is our version of this?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

You would think that given that the Gary/Pete Johnson combo thought he was a good signing for L2 in August, he should be a good signing for us two levels below a few months later. They've put him straight into the side today as well, so must have belief in him. Welcome Kalvin!
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

drummergull90 wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 12:10 Really encouraging signing. Particularly the fact that he’s coming for Gary! Having a real manager makes such a difference!

Here’s what my Cheltenham fan mate, who really knows his stuff, says “he was just another one of Johnson's awful signings towards the end when he had clearly run out of ideas. I recall him being quite pacey and direct but he was easily found out at league two level”
Fair comment from your mate. He is young and still in development mode but has oddles of natural talent. As Gulliball say he is now two league levels below so should find his feet quickly. Played today and was solid, if not outstanding. Always think it unfair to put a young player into a new team before he even know where the club toilets are, but give it a few week and I am sure he will have rave reviews.