Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

nickbrod wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 17:55 Leeds to Luton on loan for Eunan O'Kane.
Quite surprised at this move. I see he only got about 15 minutes today at Donny and only 25 in the previous games as sub. I know it's only a loan but he's better than sub at Luton Town surely?!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

smw89 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 13:21 Referring to Alex Fisher...

The amount of players that Torquay let slip through there grasp is absolutely unbelievable, especially when US ‘the fans’ notice a good player a mile off!! Makes me think what the hell is going on and how can people not see that players like Mike Fondop, Alex Fisher, could of done an excellent job for us up top!

I’m pretty sure that if an earlier offer went in for Kieffer Moore that we could of bought him for FGR and then developed him and sold him on to a championship club
Disagree slightly with this. I was at the Notts v Yeovil game with ex Nottingham work colleagues and we all commented on the night how excellent the movement and creativity was from the Yeovil players. They have some real strong, direct, pacy players and they helped set up a lot of chances for Fisher (who admittedly was excellent on the night). If the players around you aren't creating then by and large attackers won't get many goals which is something Owers has yet to fathom.

The point being though that Alex Fisher would still not be scoring goals if he were playing for Torquay this season.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

We could make an audacious bid for Jakie 'Torres' Robinson and he'd not score another goal all season!
That's where we are at the moment...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Sad news that Eunan O'Kane has broken his tibia and fibula whilst playing on loan at Luton yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45540098
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Tony Currie was at match on Saturday-in Torquay as he was at ceremony where blue plaque was being unveiled at the house that Harry Brearley lived in at Mead Road. Brearley,from Sheffield,invented stainless steel and retired to Torquay,where he died in 1948.No steel company would stump up the money for the plaque,so Kevin McCabe,Sheffield United Chairman paid for it-Brearley having been a avid Blades fan.Currie was there to represent McCabe/Sheffield United where he's now a Director.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I approve of that.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Darren Moore Championship Manager of the month for September,John Marquis player of the month in League one-Keifer Moore was a nominee as well.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Ian Morris, now plying his trade back in Ireland scores an absolute belter for Bohemians from 40 yards out.

https://x.com/SoccRepublic/status/10493 ... 71808?s=19
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

"Gloucester City are pleased to announce that former Eastleigh Manager Chris Todd will take over as City Manager on an 18-month deal"

https://x.com/gcafcofficial/status/1049 ... 22912?s=21
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Louis wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 09:10 "Gloucester City are pleased to announce that former Eastleigh Manager Chris Todd will take over as City Manager on an 18-month deal"

https://x.com/gcafcofficial/status/1049 ... 22912?s=21
I wonder if Gary Owers had applied for the role? :)

A good opportunity for Todd, because when Gloucester move into their new stadium, their attendances will increase significantly and the interest in the club will be back to what it was before the floods.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

dennisk wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 09:49 A good opportunity for Todd, because when Gloucester move into their new stadium, their attendances will increase significantly and the interest in the club will be back to what it was before the floods.
I see that Gloucester have revised their stadium plans. The original plan for the 4,000 seater £4million pound build, whilst it would have been a brilliant facility was overly ambitious. The revised scheme is cheaper to build, it is a basic build that just meets the minimum criteria for the National League South and will consist of:

2 x 250 covered seated stands, one either side of the club house
Provision for a covered Terrace end for 800 fans
Plus provision for the transfer of existing open terrace stand from Evsham United FC

So Gloucesters new stadium will eventually have a ground capacity nearly the size of Bristow Bench 1,750 seating capacity.

'Overly Ambitious' are words I expect to hear often from 'you know who' after the Nightingale Park 10,000 seater stadium plans are approved
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

TorreGull posted recently - ''Darren Moore Championship Manager of the month for September''.
That's fantastic - Darren deservedly and suprisingly kept his job as WBA were relegated from the Premier. Good Luck to him :clap:

Looking through today's Grauniad, can see two more ex-Gulls in Management . . .

Paul Trollope - I used to watch his Dad at Swindon too - Assistant Manager to Chris Hughton at Brighton - doing well :clap:

And Kevin Blackwell no less, Assistant Manager to Neil Warnock at Cardiff :B Good luck to Him !

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ey-what-do
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Swatcat wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 05:13 TorreGull posted recently - ''Darren Moore Championship Manager of the month for September''.
That's fantastic - Darren deservedly and suprisingly kept his job as WBA were relegated from the Premier. Good Luck to him :clap:
I don't think it was surprising he kept his job after relegation since WBA were practically doomed when he took over and he oversaw some improvement in the team's play.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

About 3 months old, but recently found out that Jordan Lee is no longer a professional footballer. Like Ex TUFC loanee Joe Ward, he has opted to step away from the professional game. Lee joined Wimborne in July.

http://wimbornetownfc.co.uk/jordan-lee-signs/

Too good a player to be part time, but if it suits him good luck to him. I'd hoped he would pop up at Plainmoor once again after Owers has gone, really impressed during his first loan spell
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

And Elliott Romain has joined Maidstone on loan till end of season.
TUST member 200 ;-)