FA Cup 3RQ Brightlingsea Regent v TUFC 6/10/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

hector wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 10:14 Give Patrick a break. If it wasn’t for him there wouldn’t be any commentary at all, so fair play and thanks to him, I say.
I'll second that - did not travel to the match yesterday so was grateful for the efforts of TUFC to provide on-line coverage since BBC Devon Radio elected to cost cut coverage of our games. I personally hope that we continue to cover our games in-house if promoted and tell BBC Devon Radio to do one. Why dont they offer the opportunity for supporters to apply for the commentary position, I would expect there are many who would like the chance to give football commentary a go - at least it engages with the fan base.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

MellowYellow wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 13:55 I'll second that - did not travel to the match yesterday so was grateful for the efforts of TUFC to provide on-line coverage since BBC Devon Radio elected to cost cut coverage of our games. I personally hope that we continue to cover our games in-house if promoted and tell BBC Devon Radio to do one. Why dont they offer the opportunity for supporters to apply for the commentary position, I would expect there are many who would like the chance to give football commentary a go - at least it engages with the fan base.
Paul B co-hosted a game recently, he was actually very good!!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

tufc si wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 16:01 Paul B co-hosted a game recently, he was actually very good!!!
Slough away. I bet whoever did the Gloucester match had some interesting comments at the end of the game
Lucy
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Hopefully the highlights will be on YouTube soon? Although I went to the game, I would like to see the goals again.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

smw89 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 19:43 Is that 5 in 4 games for Reidy?? Atleast now our top scorers aren’t all joint on two goals a piece.

Also nice to see Asa Hall getting on the sheet again, that must be his 4th or 5th goal this season now, if he can target 15 this season then that would take us back to Luke Young’s season under Hargreaves and Mansells season where he hit 17 odd goals or more!

Is this new striker the one released from Cheltenham??
Reid is on 6 goals (4 in league), Hall and Keating are in 3 goals each (both 2 in league).
To be frank it would be nice to see any of our players get into double figures before Christmas. If Johnson has cracked it with Reid I can see him getting 20 goals this season; if then the inevitable happens and Reid gets picked up by another club I hope he gives his detractors the Vs as he leaves Plainmoor.