The appraisal is now done

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

He did say win the "euro lottery" which could be 100m + quite easily enough for a conf south club. And you could employ someone like Colin Lee to run it for you professionally. If i won that sort of money i would try and buy it, but i wouldnt want to run it thats for sure. If won the "national lottery" i would not buy it.
TUST MEMBER
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

A couple of potential new signings from Cheltenham this week:

Alex Addai - winger - "Gary Johnson, now in charge of Torquay United, is also thought to be interested in signing Addai for a second time, having brought him to Whaddon Road at the end of last term." SOURCE - https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ur-2083585

Kalvin Kalala - striker - "Kalala is thought to be wanted by ex-Robins boss Gary Johnson, now in charge at National League South club Torquay United." SOURCE: https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... wn-2080019
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

AA and KK - pity we have lost some BBs !
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Bobson certainly impressed Oxford at the weekend with a goal and two assists.

Any news on what is likely to happen with Jason Banton? Was he injured at the weekend or just left out?

I would imagine most of our strikers are currently under evaluation; Reid has stepped up and seems to be leading the pack now, Brett hasn't had a real chance to shine under Johnson yet but what of Keating and Wright?
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

any news on these signings that were due this week? would have been good to have had them in to get a full weeks training done. not heard anything
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

No news as yet but I have a friend who is a Cheltenham supporter who believes if we do sign the players mentioned we will not be dissappointed.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Wolborough wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 17:55 No news as yet but I have a friend who is a Cheltenham supporter who believes if we do sign the players mentioned we will not be dissappointed.
It always seems to happen on a Thursday
Lucy
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 18:28 It always seems to happen on a Thursday
I spoke to Pete Johnson at Brightlingsea, who told me that he was hoping to bring in a promising striker in the very near future. These deals can take time....... :scarf:
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

aggrey_25 wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 16:41 any news on these signings that were due this week? would have been good to have had them in to get a full weeks training done. not heard anything
They may already be in the building. Lemonheigh-Evans was training with us all week but the signing was only announced on the Saturday.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 00:14 So if an appraisal after one month is required, I would imagine he would be quietly thinking , who the hell signed half this squad on full time contracts. Whether Owers/hedges is to blame is not the answer now.
Not often I disagree with Lucy x 2, but my opinion is that the majority of players brought in by Owers are good signings. There are one or two who haven't lived up to expectations, but (off the top of my head) Hall, Niate, Dickson, Cameron, Bass, Essuman and McDonald are decent players. Owers failed on two counts (1) his boring negative defensive style (a continuation of last season) and (2) his failure to bring in an effective striker, although I remember we were all very pleased when the signing of Andre Wright was announced. Whatever has happened to him? He looked such a promising prospect when he was on loan from WBA several seasons ago.

The difference now is that, under Gary Johnson, we are playing positive football at a quicker tempo and the players seem to be enjoying their football at last (with the exception of Chris Regis).
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by aggrey_25 »

there is usually someone on here who goes to watch the training, any new faces seen?
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by aggrey_25 »

see alex addai played for cheltenham 2 days ago in the senior cup, came on as a sub, thought he had been released. says there are a number of non league clubs looking to sign him so maybe not in pole position....
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

It looks like Banton, Regis and Wright are thoroughly not in GJs plans given that he opted for a 4 man bench on Saturday. I expect we will see them leaving the club in due course. I wonder if Regis attitude problems mentioned before he joined have contributed to his downfall at TUfC?