FA Cup 3RQ Brightlingsea Regent v TUFC 6/10/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Got through that one !!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 3-0
well done everyone!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Good result, and a clean sheet again!
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

:Message to road2league2 and all who doubted . Reidy bags again. COYY. :scarf:
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

YorkshireGully wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 17:06 :Message to road2league2 and all who doubted . Reidy bags again. COYY. :scarf:
YorkshireGully strikes again, yes very good. All very well writing about it but get rid of that shoddy camper and get to a game #COYY
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

As wet as Lymington but colder!

We clearly looked the better team as we should and deserved the win. Brightlingsea had a good 15 minutes after half time but other than that we always looked like scoring. Could have had more with better finishing - a couple of shots hit well over and Keating did well to get into a one on one with the keeper but then hit it straight at him. As shown last week, we need to improve finishing - but I understand there's a striker on the way.

Hard to estimate number of Torquay fans but maybe in the region of 100.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

[quote=standupsitdown post_id=231925 time=1538848662 user_id=19272]
As wet as Lymington but colder!

Glad i missed this one then! Looking forward to next week though.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Professionally dispatched and on to the next round. To those there, is Janneh looking more like an impact sub than a starter? How did Niate fair after being out for a while? Has Andre Wright lost any weight? And any other observations. Great to see Reidy continue his goal scoring record since Johnson arrived.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Is that 5 in 4 games for Reidy?? Atleast now our top scorers aren’t all joint on two goals a piece.

Also nice to see Asa Hall getting on the sheet again, that must be his 4th or 5th goal this season now, if he can target 15 this season then that would take us back to Luke Young’s season under Hargreaves and Mansells season where he hit 17 odd goals or more!

Is this new striker the one released from Cheltenham??
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

It looks very likely that is all I want to say.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

A professional performance after the team coach strayed onto a very narrow road, with double parked cars, and was unable to drive into the main entrance. The players had to get off and walk a couple of hundred yards to the ground. All in good humour.

When the second goal went in, it reduced the nerves of the 150 or so yellow army in cold and wet conditions. A few chances were missed but Brightlingsea (who made it tough), never really looked like scoring, apart from a superb save from Shaun Macdonald, when he pushed a good shot onto the bar, when it looked like going in. The Bristol City boys showed a lot of class.

A great team effort and lets hope for a favourable draw in the next round. It looked like an attendance of 500 plus.

Nightmare journey back as the M25 was busy and blocked in places in driving rain......

:scarf:
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Official attendance 470.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

dennisk wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 20:45 Official attendance 470.
I'm sure merse will re-evaluate, but at best with everybody paying £10 entry, that's only generated £4700. With Torquayunited overnight expenses I doubt either club made any gate receipt money from this game. The only reward was the team that progressed in this instance us with a £15,000 cheque. Isn't it ironic we have so far earned £25,000(should be 24k, but got 1k from the BBC coverage at lymington) to be in the 4th qualifying round, where we have won nought for 6 years. An additional 25k if we win next round.
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 03:08I'm sure merse will re-evaluate, but at best with everybody paying £10 entry, that's only generated £4700...
Well everybody didn't did they; I paid £6 and £1 for my son and there were plenty of other concessionary aged fans there ~ you can knock a couple of grand off that I'm sure and the Brightlingsea chairman was telling somebody in my presence that they needed a gate of c900 to break even due to the travelling and accomodation deductable from the gate.

The only ground where I've had to squeeze back out thrugh the turnstile to leave as well!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

cambgull wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:23 How did we manage to get the most boring bloke in the world to commentate on this game?!
Give Patrick a break. If it wasn’t for him there wouldn’t be any commentary at all, so fair play and thanks to him, I say.