FA Cup 3RQ Brightlingsea Regent v TUFC 6/10/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

PhilGull wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 11:02 What is your problem with Reid? A local lad and TUFC supporter who always gives his all. He suffered under a shit manager and now, with a good manager is starting to flourish. Cut the man some slack and try supporting him and his team mates!
Yes Jamie Reid is showing some great form and despite his critics, he always works hard and does his best. Hat trick on Saturday?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

PhilGull wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 11:02 What is your problem with Reid? A local lad and TUFC supporter who always gives his all. He suffered under a shit manager and now, with a good manager is starting to flourish. Cut the man some slack and try supporting him and his team mates!
Not sure which previous manager to whom you are referring and this isn't my argument but from the sidelines I'd say in all fairness Gary Owers gave Reid his full-time contract and backed him all the way when Reid's critics, in voice and in print, got out of hand.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

nickbrod wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 13:40 Not sure which previous manager to whom you are referring and this isn't my argument but from the sidelines I'd say in all fairness Gary Owers gave Reid his full-time contract and backed him all the way when Reid's critics, in voice and in print, got out of hand.

I'm referring to Gary Owers. It was his tactical inadequacies and playing Reid every week even when it was clear that the system was not working for him that lead to his sacking. Now with a manager with a bit of knowledge, using tactics to suit the players that we are starting to see the likes of Reid find form and we are seeing goals actually being scored and games actually being won.
Yes, Owers signed Reid, he signed a few good players, just a shame he was so shit at managing them.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I've got no problem with Jamie Reid at all, I amongst the rest of you have been served up dross for god knows know long.
It'll take a lot more to convince me, that's all,
If and when he is consistently banging the goals then I'll jump on the Jamie Reid lurve train, but until then I'll stay with what I've witnessed in the previous seasons.
Is that ok ? I'm quite happy for you to express your opinions.
Cheers.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Made this a match day topic.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

whistler68 wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 13:04 tenner adults, 6 quid concessions and under 12s free
According to your website:

Adults: £10.00
Concessions: £6.00
Under 18s-12s: £4.00
Under 12s: £1.00
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

That's because in any Football Association match where the receipts have to be shared; no free admission is allowed and therefore the £1 for U12s is a token charge.

Admission prices need to be agreed mutually between the competing clubs and it is not unknown for higher charging visitors to insist on prices higher than the home club would normally wish to set.

In all Rounds, match expenses shall include travelling expenses, actually incurred, which must not exceed £3.00 per coach mile for same day travel and £6.00 per coach mile where an overnight stay is agreed. The travelling expenses for the Visiting Club are to be calculated on a direct route from the Club’s Headquarters, the total mileage must be agreed between both Clubs prior to the first match and confirmed on the Match Arrangement Form. Where agreement concerning hotel accommodation has been reached, Clubs must confirm the agreement in writing on the Match Arrangement Form. Where mutual agreement concerning hotel accommodation cannot be reached, and the Visiting Club considers it necessary or desirable to claim hotel expenses, written application must be made to The Association with a copy to the Home Club at least seven days in advance of the first match. The Professional Game Board shall have the power at its absolute discretion whether or not to grant permission. The grounds for making such an application are that it would be necessary or desirable for the Visiting Club to leave its headquarters before 8.00am on the day of the match, alternatively, not be possible to arrive back at its Headquarters within five hours travelling time of the conclusion of the match. Expenses, which may be claimed, if actually incurred, shall not exceed £100 per person for up to 25 persons. The grounds for making an application are that if the travelling time exceeds five hours which includes a stop of not more than 45 minutes then expenses can be allowed with travelling time based on Auto Route details, as determined by the FA Competitions Office. A Club that has been granted hotel expenses by The Association must stay within a 30 mile radius of the ground where the match will be played.

From this we can ascertain that an expenses claim of over £3,000 will be deductible to be paid to Torquay United before any share of gate receipts is possible. Unless they achieve the £15,000 prize money; there is every possibility of a financial loss on this game for the home club.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

My favourite fact about our opposition :

“In 2014 a 107-seat stand was installed after being bought from eBay,with a 150-capacity covered terrace added in 2017.”

eBay! Heroic.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

The seller wasn't Clark Osborne was it?with all the grounds he's destroyed.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Wet in Essex today. Seven goals in the rain again?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

standupsitdown wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 11:15 Wet in Essex today. Seven goals in the rain again?
They play one level below us. Last FA Cup game away to a side struggling in the League below, we were shellacked at Basingstoke. This is just the sort of game we would have lost were Owers still here. I think we will win as our Manager will have them fired up again. But I’d be surprised at anything near what happened at Lymington. I’m going for 2-0.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

How about;
MacDonald

Essuman
Sendles-White
Cameron
Davis

Hall
Lemonheigh-Evans
Edwards

Andrews
Reid
Keating

Subs;
Burton
Janneh
Williams
Niate
Banton
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

My guess is McDonald with a back 3 of Niate, Sendles-White and Cameron. Edwards and Davis wingbacks. Midfield three of Hall, Andrews and Lemonheigh-Evans. Reidy and Williams up top.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I wasn't serious about scoring another seven. Happy with any win. Freezing here.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

standupsitdown wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 14:28 I wasn't serious about scoring another seven. Happy with any win. Freezing here.
Fair enough. Here’s hoping you get a few Torquay goals to warm the cockles in a bit.