Torquay United V Woking - 29/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Well, excuse my ignorance Merse, I thought this was primarily a football forum and in particular that this thread was about the Woking match.
A request was made for the thread to be split, which I think is perfectly reasonable, and yet again you have to reply in your usual caustic manner. There is a suitable place for you to broadcast your superior knowledge, however on this thread I prefer to read about the match.
Why not start an intelligent discussion on 'The Plopside' and I can surprise you with my maturity and IQ and my ability to type in bold also.

Jeez.
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

intellectualising about slavery..."it was still happening just over 20 years ago"....whilst typing away on devices full of 3TG conflict minerals, wearing clothes made by child slaves and in a country full of modern slavery.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

westbaygull wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 19:18 Well, excuse my ignorance Merse, I thought this was primarily a football forum and in particular that this thread was about the Woking match.
A request was made for the thread to be split, which I think is perfectly reasonable, and yet again you have to reply in your usual caustic manner. There is a suitable place for you to broadcast your superior knowledge, however on this thread I prefer to read about the match.
Why not start an intelligent discussion on 'The Plopside' and I can surprise you with my maturity and IQ and my ability to type in bold also.

Jeez.
:goodpost:

Up on the highest of horses do you get the best WiFi connection to Wikipedia
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 17:47 . . . [highlight=yellow]it was not I who initially steered the thread in that direction?[/highlight]

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Steady on Jane (westbaygull) you'll be accused of back handed, casual racism. Nobody's trying to detract from the excellent posts made on this thread. All some have suggested is, put the politics in one place, the history in another and don't mix it with the football.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

A professor of history and an English Language revisionist: Merse you really are all things to all men as well as being an equine orifice
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

westbaygull wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 16:56 Dear Admin,
Please would you split this thread and pop Merse's history lesson somewhere more appropriate?
Thanks,
Westie o:)
Unfortunately the kiddies forum prefers to allow natural discussion to evolve without being overbearing and moving/splitting threads each time they go off topic which just sees the secondary discussion die a sad death. Interestingly the founder of the 'adults' forum feels the need to hurl insults at longstanding members of this forum rather than engage in adult conversation. Quite ironic given the poorly written posts occasionally offered, one of which is clearly visible on this very thread.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

The thread regarding the Woking match was lessening with its comments regarding the game itself and so when it diversified to an interesting and important topic by chance there was an opportunity for forum members to comment about it with their views.Had this not happened then I'm sure the thread would have returned to football however it seemed there was enough interest to avoid splitting the thread on this rare occasion .