Torquay United V Woking - 29/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

1-1 Ofori Ochimpong scores the winner against us. No I’m messing.

I think we will win this. 2-1. Or maybe even 2-0. Gary Johnson seem to have got the ball rolling.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Danger man from a Woking perspective, is their new loan player from Oxford United, Harvey Bradbury, (4 goals in last 2 matches). No doubt, GJ is aware of his ability and how to reduce any of his goal-scoring opportunities.

He was at Hungerford for a while, also on loan. Ex Watford and Portsmouth under 23's. His father, Lee is currently manager of Havant & Waterlooville.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Think we can look forward to actually enjoying ourselves at plainmoor for a change. Will go for a 2-2 draw
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Nice to be able to look forward to a game instead of dreading it. Be great to win but as long as we put in a performance with passion and attacking threat and continue the improvement of the last two games I will be happy. Not impossible but it's
a big ask to win the league now, we cannot afford
many slip ups or drop too many points
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Looks like a good turn out from Woking fans to boost the attendance, according to their forum. Could be 2500 plus, most of them Gulls of course! COYY.........
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

dennisk wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 17:11 Danger man from a Woking perspective, is their new loan player from Oxford United, Harvey Bradbury, (4 goals in last 2 matches). No doubt, GJ is aware of his ability and how to reduce any of his goal-scoring opportunities.

He was at Hungerford for a while, also on loan. Ex Watford and Portsmouth under 23's. His father, Lee is currently manager of Havant & Waterlooville.
Another one to watch out for is Nick Wheeler (winger)... having seen him play on numerous occasions for Tonbridge Angels, I can only say that Liam Davis et al are going to have their work cut out to keep him quiet. A very skillful winger who has also played for D&R and was at The Circus (aka Billericay Town) last season but was hampered with injuries whilst there. The Angels owed most of their goals in his two seasons at Longmead to his (at times) sublime wing play with crosses that would leave opposition defenders scratching their heads as to how he got past them.

Going to be a tough one. Confidence should be high though. The Plainmoor faithful should be up for this one.

United 2 Woking 1
Att: 2k+
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

If we win tomorrow, we’ll be four points off the top, yet Bet365 have us at 25/1 to win the title. I think that is incredible value, as in reality I’d say we have about a 4/1 chance of Top spot - especially with GJ at the helm.
I’d put my money where my mouth is, but Bet365 have stopped taking bets from me. But for anyone with an account, defo worth a £20 punt!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Agreed that is pretty good value, given the league we are in. I am also banned from Bet 365 who are worse than useless.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

25-1 seems very good value. Will shorten considerably if we win today I imagine. I've joint Bet365 just to place this bet - although are we fooled by two wins against poor teams? Will know s lot more after today.
Looking forward to my first game at Plainmoor this season.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Never gambled on FOOTBALL but you guys convinced me, £20 bet made at 25/1 COYY!!

Actually only ever gambled a couple of times on the Grand National so this is a departure for me, blame the above if all goes wrong :)
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

How the f do you get banned, unruly behaviour?
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No - quite easily. Just start winning and the bookies will ban you quicker than you can say payout window.

Try placing a couple of winning bets with Sporting bet (useless) Boylesports (****) and Stan James (amateurs) and see what will happen.

I have been gubbed by the first two within four days of opening an account with them. Bookies hate winning punters they are just a complete bunch of shysters.

Betfair is really the only place worth placing a bet.

25/1 is a worthwhile bet because if Torquay win today their odds will probably drop like a stone. That's not to say they will win the league of course but its not beyond the realms of possibility that we could still challenge this season so with a load more games to go its a value price particularly given the standard of opposition that we are facing.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Woking fan on Twitter saying that Harvey Bradbury is injured..
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Very good news, absolutely cracking player
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Momentum is key
Torquay (1) 4 . Reid, Janeh, Williams 2.
Woking (1) 1 .
Att: 2073.
Believe in yellow.