FA Cup - Lymington vs Torquay United 22/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Very much agree with the above post. You can only play what's put in front of you, and the quality of the opposition is many ways is irrelevant, the team having gone 2 up just before half time and pretty much game over at that point, could have spent the second half, passing the ball around in safe areas and had the rest of the day off.

They didn't, we've complained about a lack of drive and passion in the team, there was no shortage of that on display yesterday, there was a drive and hunger in the team in this match to retain possession, win it back when lost, and score more goals right from the first to the last minute, that's the positive we can all take from the game.

And the fact that we should have beaten Lymington with ease, we've probably gone above and beyond that by scoring 7, and it could so easily have been a near rugby score.
Formerly known as forevertufc
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

The creation of so many chances is very encouraging, after the rubbish I've watched this season.

But for the performance of Supernan, their keeper ......
TUST member 200 ;-)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes I agree. Even taking into account the poor opposition it was a very good performance.
There seems to be a new belief and confidence already under Johnson . More energy and movement. He appears to be a very good man
manager and motivator getting the best out of his players
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I watched the match on TV and this was a different United.

GJ has them playing with hunger to retain their place. Look how Chris Regis came from a deep position to score his goal.

Some of Jake Andrews passing was high quality and Opi Edwards control and pace was electric.

I know it was only Lymington but Woking will have to play very well to get anything out of next Saturdays game if we play like we did yesterday.

Someone posted that he had seen Woking this season and they are nothing special.They have conceded 10 to our 4 but our goal drought seems to be over and the team with our Bristol City loanees is a different proposition. COYY.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 18:29 Wasn't it Thorpe x 2 (overhead kick and a header), Danny Holland's lob and a Jo Kuffour slightly offside goal? Pretty sure Ward played for Stockport in that game? One of my favourite football games ever tbh.
Just for you: :)
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

:goodpost:
portugull wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 15:44 Football is like life things can change VERY QUICKLY.

Woking will not be looking forward to visiting Plainmoor next saturday.
Totally agreed
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 14:30
Previous best FA cup win 7-1 v Northampton 1at rd 1959/60.
Some of us were there for that one!
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

I also was at that game. I might be wrong but I seem to remember that we were losing 0 - 1 at HT as well.